Martyrdom

Unknown Smurf

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dcrews' timestamp='1351911690' post='3047893']
This is a perfect CB served on a silver platter with a gold spoon and a platinum fork. Only way it could possibly get better is if the aid wasn't sent secretly
[/quote]

It's only a CB if MK doesn't come to an agreement with NPO about punishing the aider. Don't jump the gun.

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1351912785' post='3047897']

It's only a CB if MK doesn't come to an agreement with NPO about punishing the aider. Don't jump the gun.
[/quote]

What can i say i calls em how i see em. Wars have been fought over less and with less animosity between the warring parties. My statement was an honest observation based on the what was presented and considering the precedent for such actions. I wasn't jumping anything, calm down guy.

Edit- forgot my :popcorn:

Edited by Dcrews

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1351921349' post='3047942']
I am talking things over with IC and considering this situation carefully. We will continue that tomorrow.

Everything outside of that is speculation
[/quote]

I have a keen interest in the success of these talks. Let me know if you need someone to mediate.

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1351947737' post='3048001']
Storm in a teacup, pretty sure people will talk and this will all be smoothed over.

Are we that lacking in drama that we jump on this?
[/quote]

In a word, yes. Fortunately, when I rogue you, we will have better drama. I only hope someone aids me in secret. Maybe you could?

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1351884800' post='3047725']If by doing some action, achieving some quest even, you could [u]POTENTIALLY[/u] take down the alliance you "hate" at the expense of your nation (ZI list potentially) would you do it? Why?[/quote]

Taking your OP just at face value (minus the latest drama that other people have suggested it's actually about), martyrdom is not about hate, it's the opposite. It's about defending some belief or some person/people/group that you care enough about at the sacrifice of one's life (closest thing in CN in terms of the loss of life being EZI).

Also, I don't see it as something that one chooses, but rather a choice forced upon the person to either take some act (or stop some act) or else die. It's not about "taking down" anyone - it's about defense.

In terms of would *I* ever do that...the best quote about the matter to express what I'd do is from Serenity
[url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379786/quotes?qt=qt0433126"]http://www.imdb.com/...es?qt=qt0433126[/url]

[b][url="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0252230/"]The Operative[/url][/b]: Are you willing to die for your beliefs?
[b][url="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0277213/"]Capt. Malcolm Reynolds[/url][/b]: I am...
[[i]they draw. Mal fires first, and the Operative is forced to take cover[/i]]
[b][url="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0277213/"]Capt. Malcolm Reynolds[/url][/b]: 'Course, that ain't exactly plan A.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1351971930' post='3048093']
Taking your OP just at face value (minus the latest drama that other people have suggested it's actually about), martyrdom is not about hate, it's the opposite. It's about defending some belief or some person/people/group that you care enough about at the sacrifice of one's life (closest thing in CN in terms of the loss of life being EZI).

Also, I don't see it as something that one chooses, but rather a choice forced upon the person to either take some act (or stop some act) or else die. It's not about "taking down" anyone - it's about defense.

[/quote]

This. Perhaps suicide-bombers - who would call themselves "martyrs" - have caused the word to lose the above meaning, as they are all about "taking down" people, but certainly this is what I would call proper martyrdom.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1351953784' post='3048012']
I too pray for the success of these talks and hope the individuals involved in the mediation process can keep their tempers in check. I would hate for unwanted aggression to befall my friends in the Kingdom.
[/quote]

Perhaps if you are worried about unwanted aggression against your "friends" in the Kingdom, you should stress to them how it might be a good idea to stop pulling stupid BS against others?

Just a crazy idea.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1351974240' post='3048104']
Do not start the "Unwanted Aggression" propaganda. It has no place here and I for one expect better out of TOP.

Kestrel, there is never a time I require mediation. While I thank you for offering, IC and I will handle this.
[/quote]

Who the hell are you to expect anything of TOP? You are just the leader of a has been alliance. An alliance that is going to be rolled soon for stepping out of line.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1351975263' post='3048113']
Who the hell are you to expect anything of TOP? You are just the leader of a has been alliance. An alliance that is going to be rolled soon for stepping out of line.
[/quote]

He's fully in his right to have expectations of another alliance.

Anyway you are all ridiculous, this is the kind of stuff leaders work out in private.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1351975263' post='3048113']
[/quote]

Keep poking sunshine. Tell me, who is going to roll my alliance and who are you to set the line? Oh right, no one because you can't speak for TOP right? Go play your antics to another crowd. You are not the Hulk, the NPO isn't GOD regardless of how you have been idolized for being a super rogue /yawn.