Martyrdom

Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1352150871' post='3049038']
@Crymson -- Contrary to popular belief, I don't hate MK. I hate the fact that in this realm everything is done behind closed doors (private irc channels)
[/quote]

Why would you hate that?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Integrity, along with unity of conscience with deed, brings greater power than any alliance between individuals.

I know on a political thread like this that might sound like a dig at one particular nation leader, but I haven't been here long enough to be able to do that. So, if anyone did feel the above comment was aimed at them, then it is not me who is accusing you, but your conscience.

In any case, surely the giving of power to a small minority is only a concern within your own alliance, not another alliance to which you don't belong.

You will learn as you spend more time around here, the success of alliances is often times based on the control of information. What you don't know can't hurt you, so to speak. I don't want to speak for U_S, but I think he just saying he wants more information in the public eye in general. Public information, after all, is what really makes bob and these forums go around.

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1352152854' post='3049061']
You will learn as you spend more time around here, the success of alliances is often times based on the control of information. What you don't know can't hurt you, so to speak. I don't want to speak for U_S, but I think he just saying he wants more information in the public eye in general. Public information, after all, is what really makes bob and these forums go around.
[/quote]

You will learn as you spend more time here how futile your efforts are.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1352134157' post='3048928']
Despite all this grade A derailment lets look at the facts.

The nation who secretly aided the rogue is STILL in MK. He hasn't been demasked or reprimanded in anyway. MK membership is defending him and is pissed off at their government for letting him be spied upon. Nor has MK sent any aid (reps) to NPO according to the aid screen. In fact, hes actually currently fighting a rogue/ghost in MK! I will make the assumption that action is orders from govt. That war started after this thread. Not only is MK govt not doing anything to him, they are working with him.[/quote]

I haven't been able to catch brehon on to get the reps number. As for the expulsion, that's never been requested. Don't act like you know whether he's been reprimanded or not, last I checked you don't have access to our private forums ;)

[quote]The nation who is going rogue, is ex-MK. He still has his mask to MK forums and posts there regularly. Despite him having gone rogue over a month ago. He most likely got this secret aid by asking for it on MK forums (or iRC).[/quote]

He definitely didn't ask for it on the MK forums, I've made sure of that. As for IRC, I can't exactly control what channels he's in or who he queries. Also he does not have a member mask on the MK forums, rather he has a foreign guest mask. Do you expect me to ban someone who still contributes to MK's non-CN community?

[quote]While MK govt probably didn't go out and say "Hey go aid this rogue" -- they definitely aren't doing anything to stop it, defacto encouraging it, as long as they don't get caught.
[/quote]

Lol at this forever. You have no idea what MK gov is or isn't doing internally about this situation, but I assure you we're not sitting here twidling our thumbs ignoring it happened.

Any more posts you want me to dismantle?

Edited by infinite citadel

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1352080971' post='3048757']
I don't know: you tell me. You're the one who thought you had something interesting to say, even if it was based on nothing.

Because sometimes it's fun to point out inadequacies? Because sometimes it's important to correct misconceptions? Because sometimes it's necessary to point out to someone when and where they are wrong? ... I don't know, I'm not TOP nor IRON. But when you state X and you preface it by "I don't know anything about it but", you're 1. being dense, 2. not bringing much to the conversation, 3. useless or 4. craving for attention. Possibly all four of them at once.

Either way, you stated how you viewed the TOP-IRON relationship and you were told you were wrong. What else do you want? A detailed analysis? You won't be getting it. And you can keep harping on the point, it won't change anything: that's not how the TOP-IRON relationship works.
[/quote]

I hate to say it enamel but with the TOP-IRON relationship Potato got you on this. They've been allied along time and been thru hell and back, even if TOP does consider MK their closest ally and a defacto to DH, you'll never understand it.

To make sure this is clear...

You have not seen aid between MK and NPO because IC and I keep missing each other.

About the situation, this is the logic of it. While Crymson makes a solid argument here is the issue:

I have no reason to believe nor seen evidence thereto this was a government sanctioned issue. Thus its a member going off the reservation. Is five members suspect? Absolutely, but only one has been proven to be MK. There has been rumors of more information yet nothing has surfaced. Thus IC and I handle this like adults.

Upon verification, IC immediately stepped up and offered accountability. I respect that and like I said, IC and I will work it out. Once we do we will let the various groups take to their pulpits.

Edited by Brehon

[quote name='infinite citadel' timestamp='1352155186' post='3049082']
I haven't been able to catch brehon on to get the reps number. As for the expulsion, that's never been requested. [/quote]
Fair enough.

[quote]He definitely didn't ask for it on the MK forums, I've made sure of that. As for IRC, I can't exactly control what channels he's in or who he queries. Also he does not have a member mask on the MK forums, rather he has a foreign guest mask. Do you expect me to ban someone who still contributes to MK's non-CN community?[/quote]
Do your members know you read their PMs?

[quote]
Lol at this forever. You have no idea what MK gov is or isn't doing internally about this situation, but I assure you we're not sitting here twidling our thumbs ignoring it happened.

[/quote]
Heh, I didn't mean to imply that you are doing nothing about it, but with the circumstances involved (pissed off membership and whatnot) will make your efforts, in the long term, futile. Paying a token few million in reps won't be detrimental enough to keep them from doing it again.

[quote]
Any more posts you want me to dismantle?
[/quote]
Please hold while I find another thing to blame you for. :)

EDIT: Sorry for double post.. meant for this to be in the same post but I messed up.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1352180295' post='3049268']
Heh, I didn't mean to imply that you are doing nothing about it, but with the circumstances involved (pissed off membership and whatnot) will make your efforts, in the long term, futile. Paying a token few million in reps won't be detrimental enough to keep them from doing it again.
[/quote]

You seriously overestimate how "pissed off" we are.

Martyrdom, eh. I've thought about log dumping a few times and whatnot, but meh. Not worth the trouble it'd cause and ultimately wouldn't matter to many people anyways.

Going rogue is the true tried and tested method of ending ones time in this game anyways.

MK has supported roguery against NPO in the past in attempts to stir up war with them, when NPO ignored it eventually MK along with the rest of DH just went full out rogue against NPO with their entire alliances with their everything must die excuse (although really it was mostly just NPO they wanted to have die).

Whenever NPO begins to feel important again, want to build up their reputation as a strong alliance who has rebuilt finally, then MK likes to poke and laugh when NPO does nothing about it, showing they don't have the strength to stand up to MK's provocation. I for one hope NPO finally decides they've had enough of MK's games to try making them look weak and throw everything they have at MK to prove they're not weaker than them and are willing to war them when provoked.

NPO has built up some strong allies, I hope those allies also support a full out military response against MK to put them in their place once more. The world is boring and a war is needed to realign the powers, how many times will once powerful alliances allow their enemies to wrong them without consequence before they show they still know how to war? I hope not very much...

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1352271608' post='3049606']
MK and the NPO have reached an agreement and the situation is resolved.

Those of you posturing and playing peacock can go back to your corners.
[/quote]

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-KQpnIu5rNcE/UD7Nm0eIUmI/AAAAAAAACbM/kRGYMEkC0bA/s1600/stock-market-crash.jpg[/img]

Popcorn Stocks crashed today, analysts however predicted better times ahead with an upswing in Popcorn sales estimated during the historically busy Christmas / New years window. Will this be enough to hold back the growing depression in the market, time will tell.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1352289277' post='3049639']
MK has supported roguery against NPO in the past in attempts to stir up war with them, when NPO ignored it eventually MK along with the rest of DH just went full out rogue against NPO with their entire alliances with their everything must die excuse (although really it was mostly just NPO they wanted to have die).

Whenever NPO begins to feel important again, want to build up their reputation as a strong alliance who has rebuilt finally, then MK likes to poke and laugh when NPO does nothing about it, showing they don't have the strength to stand up to MK's provocation. I for one hope NPO finally decides they've had enough of MK's games to try making them look weak and throw everything they have at MK to prove they're not weaker than them and are willing to war them when provoked.

NPO has built up some strong allies, I hope those allies also support a full out military response against MK to put them in their place once more. The world is boring and a war is needed to realign the powers, how many times will once powerful alliances allow their enemies to wrong them without consequence before they show they still know how to war? I hope not very much...
[/quote]
"MK is terrible because they go to war and reject diplomacy. I hope NPO makes things right by going to war and rejecting diplomacy." This is you. This is a summation of you.

As stated when this was all first revealed, the Kingdom is willing to make recompense for the damages suffered by Pacificans resulting from the unauthorized aid from Greater Finland. Each party has agreed to figures and are satisfied by the result. Just as it is not the job of the Kingdom to entertain you, it is not the job of Pacifica to attempt to make real the militant wet dreams of CN's professional detractors. The Kingdom does not harbor malicious intent regarding Pacifica, nor does Pacifica for the Kingdom. Besides, I am confident in Brehon's forthright character just as I am confident in my own bluntness: in the unlikely event either party were to abandon post-DH/NPO reconciliation, the other would know long before any catastrophe were to come of it. Each of us tends to call our shots, as it were.

The rest of you can take your popcorn home. There's nothing more to see here. :)

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1352317506' post='3049778']
"MK is terrible because they go to war and reject diplomacy. I hope NPO makes things right by going to war and rejecting diplomacy." This is you. This is a summation of you.

As stated when this was all first revealed, the Kingdom is willing to make recompense for the damages suffered by Pacificans resulting from the unauthorized aid from Greater Finland. Each party has agreed to figures and are satisfied by the result. Just as it is not the job of the Kingdom to entertain you, it is not the job of Pacifica to attempt to make real the militant wet dreams of CN's professional detractors. The Kingdom does not harbor malicious intent regarding Pacifica, nor does Pacifica for the Kingdom. Besides, I am confident in Brehon's forthright character just as I am confident in my own bluntness: in the unlikely event either party were to abandon post-DH/NPO reconciliation, the other would know long before any catastrophe were to come of it. Each of us tends to call our shots, as it were.

The rest of you can take your popcorn home. There's nothing more to see here. :)
[/quote]

Dont you tell me what to do with my popcorn! Im not your puppet!