Waking my inner Reaver

Brehon

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gandroff' timestamp='1349668614' post='3038500']
Apologies for not keeping you entertained good sir. How could we forget that we're here only to entertain you? We'll try not to fail you in the future.
[/quote]

Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Situations will always dictate actions. Bits and pieces of various specific goals come together while you navigate situations. Simply put, there is no predetermined answer to everything. In the end, the goals are about the attitude you take. The cornerstone to your aims is your attitude and as such, your attitude is the cornerstone to Francoism. Goals and Francoism are inextricably tied together -- Franocism, in its revolutionary glory, is itself a set of goals.

This discussion inevitably leads to a simple fact: you are your goals. We talk about culture and what makes each alliance different. The answer is the collection of goals, the philosophy, the mantra, the principle around which each alliance organizes. An alliance must have goals beyond "survival." It must have a purpose, a reason to exist that it is built around, and it must do more to benefit its members than just provide a place to hang their hat.

There are three days until everything is fully revealed. I appreciate all of the anticipation -- tomorrow will see the first of a two-part discussion of closing thoughts.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1349746651' post='3038832']
Situations will always dictate actions. Bits and pieces of various specific goals come together while you navigate situations. Simply put, there is no predetermined answer to everything. In the end, the goals are about the attitude you take. The cornerstone to your aims is your attitude and as such, your attitude is the cornerstone to Francoism. Goals and Francoism are inextricably tied together -- Franocism, in its revolutionary glory, is itself a set of goals.

This discussion inevitably leads to a simple fact: you are your goals. We talk about culture and what makes each alliance different. The answer is the collection of goals, the philosophy, the mantra, the principle around which each alliance organizes. An alliance must have goals beyond "survival." It must have a purpose, a reason to exist that it is built around, and it must do more to benefit its members than just provide a place to hang their hat.

There are three days until everything is fully revealed. I appreciate all of the anticipation -- tomorrow will see the first of a two-part discussion of closing thoughts.
[/quote]

I hope the idea of "bringing order to the chaos" is a serious one.

Good luck.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1349746651' post='3038832']
An alliance must have goals beyond "survival." It must have a purpose, a reason to exist that it is built around, and it must do more to benefit its members than just provide a place to hang their hat.
[/quote]

We serve to provide you with best fellatio, that is our only goal. ;)

I've been gone for much of the last month, so I haven't kept up with this, but coming back I have one thing to say.

Brehon is not a philosopher-king.

While Francoism has always seemed a rather silly philosophy to me, his attempts to sound intellectual have made it sound even worse than it did coming from the likes of Vladimir and company in the past.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1349817433' post='3039097']
I've been gone for much of the last month, so I haven't kept up with this, but coming back I have one thing to say.

Brehon is not a philosopher-king.

While Francoism has always seemed a rather silly philosophy to me, his attempts to sound intellectual have made it sound even worse than it did coming from the likes of Vladimir and company in the past.
[/quote]

And so Brehon receives the ultimate confirmation that he is indeed, doing it right.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1349820839' post='3039118']
And so Brehon receives the ultimate confirmation that he is indeed, doing it right.
[/quote]

I realize you're trying to insult me here. I get that. I'm going to pretend that what you're saying doesn't make absolutely no sense and respond to you anyway.

I never said that he was "doing it wrong." I don't dislike Brehon and the one conversation I had with him he actually seemed to be an alright guy.

What I am saying is that he's not very good at what he's trying to do right now. There are people in NPO far better at the philosophy thing. Past Emperors have trotted these folks out instead of pretending to be philosophers, why did he not do the same?

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1349751620' post='3038880']
Things fall apart. The center cannot hold.
[/quote]

[quote]
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.

The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?[/quote]

The worst certainly are full of passionate intensity these days, eh?

Prepare for anarchy to be loosed upon the world.

[quote name='bakamitai' timestamp='1349830237' post='3039221']

Prepare for anarchy to be loosed upon the world.
[/quote]

Hang on, we are supposed to have NPO on the puppet strings, not the other way around! :psyduck: