Waking my inner Reaver

Brehon

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1348943687' post='3035693']
So you put a 30 day timer on a provoked attack, yet said you will be randomly choosing the alliance? Therefore, every alliance in the world has given you a CB? I find that highly unlikely, though I know NPO have been pretty sensitive in the past.
[/quote]

Well, that is one possibility. But you are thinking too narrowly:
1) It could be that we've chosen someone randomly, and they provoked us after we chose them.
2) It could be that we have chosen from a list of alliances we already have dirt on.
3) It could be that we aren't even the ones attacking, but the ones being attacked.
4) It could be that we're fighting someone who doesn't even exist yet (like a splinter NPO faction)
5) It could be just be bending the truth about being random
6) It could be us having secret control of the government of many other alliances and just creating a proxy war from thin air
7) It could be us deciding to put out patent rights on having rectangular objects with rounded corners or breathing a mixture of oxygen and nitrogen.
8) It could be us both instituting tech-raiding and un-recognizing the sovereignty of other alliances, thus making every nation on Bob a target
9) It could be us making this whole thing up to raise publicity about some other happening
10) It could be us declaring a war on someone as part of a trick involving a merger/annexation or something
11) It could be us declaring war on the entire world, with the CB that the world needs some serious change.

There are all sorts of possibilities out there, don't limit yourself.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1348932591' post='3035637']
Our engagements were plenty provoked.

Will we be provided the fabled [i]justa causa[/i] come 10/11/12?
[/quote]

Is bad Karama good enough? Or should they just pick a random nation being attacked/tech raided and declare them a member and go to war over it? Things have been made so easy anymore making up a CB is what you do 5 min before you DoW.

[quote name='Cortath' timestamp='1348944958' post='3035701']
You should get out and see more of the world! There's been quite a bit of onslaught hitherto seen in these parts.
[/quote]

I could never deny that Bob has seen its fair share of onslaught. 'Twas merely an observation that this calibre of announcement seems, to me at least, to convey a sense of grandeur - a sense that the NPOs repertoire of garish sigs will finally actually mean something. I may not agree with the policy of the matter, but by Admin it'll be interesting to watch [take part in (?)].

[quote name='BKlein' timestamp='1348946884' post='3035714']
I could never deny that Bob has seen its fair share of onslaught. 'Twas merely an observation that this calibre of announcement seems, to me at least, to convey a sense of grandeur - a sense that the NPOs repertoire of garish sigs will finally actually mean something. I may not agree with the policy of the matter, but by Admin it'll be interesting to watch [take part in (?)].
[/quote]

Our sigs are not garish! Perish the thought!

Every sig is finely crafted to the sound of babies being eaten.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1348946082' post='3035709']
Is bad Karama good enough? Or should they just pick a random nation being attacked/tech raided and declare them a member and go to war over it? Things have been made so easy anymore making up a CB is what you do 5 min before you DoW.
[/quote]
As to your reference to the previous war, I'm of the opinion that the classic GWIII standard of "you've stated yourselves to be militarily hostile to us and we are therefore justified in attacking you now" applied. Anything else was just salted on the top to give our detractors fits and stir them into a frothy frustration. But that's just me.

But going off the previous war, the Order openly condemned our attack on CSN and operated in a reserved fashion throughout the war as a result. Presumably Brehon would not turn around and do the same thing for which we were just condemned. I would expect him to be consistent and have some very solid grounds for conducting his operation or, in the alternative, a new interpretation of interalliance norms that render his past objections invalid. In either case, he has proven himself a capable enough wordsmith and I look forward to reading any materials he will presumably offer in conjunction with the impending campaign.

In any case, don't mistake me for a Pacifican detractor. I said I intended to bury the hatchet and have endeavored to stick to my word. I neither support nor condemn whatever it is Pacifica is about to embark upon because right now I don't know what it is they're about to embark upon, or more precisely, against whom they are embarking and why. I merely wish to probe a bit to see if anybody offers anything tasty.

Also hello, how are you?

I don't even care who gets hit, as long as someone dies in the NPOcalypse I'll be content, because There is Peace, No Respite, Only War.

PS NPO, I found your new Slogan as well:
[quote]It is better to die for the Emperor than to live for yourself.[/quote] :awesome:

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1348943687' post='3035693']
So you put a 30 day timer on a provoked attack, yet said you will be randomly choosing the alliance? Therefore, every alliance in the world has given you a CB? I find that highly unlikely, though I know NPO have been pretty sensitive in the past.

Well, there was a reason a reason I joined The Combine after all.

We'll have to get on a new age Pocahontas Accords. Combine, CoJ, and FAN!
[/quote]

Seek me out when you have resurrected The Vox Populi.

AHA and now we see the return of Cortath. Another piece of the puzzle falls into place, I missed you [img]http://www.bulkcandystore.com/Assets/images/products/chuckles2.jpg[/img] :lol1:

Edited by Princess Doomee

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1348955842' post='3035747']

AHA and now we see the return of Cortath. Another piece of the puzzle falls into place, I missed you [img]http://www.bulkcandystore.com/Assets/images/products/chuckles2.jpg[/img] :lol1:
[/quote]

*chuckles heartily*

They don't let me out much!

Naw, I'm just mostly retired. But how could I resist a thread like this! Never!

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1348950295' post='3035728']
In any case, don't mistake me for a Pacifican detractor. I said I intended to bury the hatchet and have endeavored to stick to my word. I neither support nor condemn whatever it is Pacifica is about to embark upon because right now I don't know what it is they're about to embark upon, or more precisely, against whom they are embarking and why.
[/quote]

Waiting for full knowledge of what you are speaking about before speaking about it? What is this strange new discussion tactic? I have seen not its like before. Truly you are a rare specimen amongst mankind.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1348943841' post='3035694']
they never said they didn't have a CB for the record, but the PR method employed here is brilliant, I agree.

People are skeptical because it normally doesn't make sense to announce you're going to roll someone a month in advance, unless you've isolated them enough where it simply doesn't matter that they know in advance.
[/quote]

It normally doesn't make sense to announce when you're going to roll someone before you do in advance at all because the first thing another alliance will do upon hearing that early is send as many people they can or deem necessary into peace mode. That being the case, the trick is keeping the exact date quiet. I supposed NPO could announce they are going to do it to someone on X date and then do so early. It would be hard to fault them for that assuming they have an actual target in mind based on a traditional CB.

Speaking of peace mode, perhaps NPO just wants to see how many alliances/nations they can get to switch to peace mode. As long as the statistics are published and shared with the rest of us, that would not disappoint. :awesome:

[quote name='Rokula' timestamp='1348968450' post='3035784']
A Little birdie told me this war is not going to be fought with soldiers, tanks and nukes, but with hugs, cookies, beer and back rubs.

If so declare on me please :wub:
[/quote]

I hope you shot that bird. And threw its bloody scrap to som mangy beast.

Wars are not fought with hugs, cookies, or back rubs. There is beer, however. Oh, there is always beer.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1348962296' post='3035763']
Waiting for full knowledge of what you are speaking about before speaking about it? What is this strange new discussion tactic? I have seen not its like before. Truly you are a rare specimen amongst mankind.
[/quote]

He's not the only one reserving comment.

[quote name='Marneus Calgar' timestamp='1348961766' post='3035759']
Please don't liken NPO to the Space Marines. It's very offensive to us 40K players. :P
[/quote]

Calgar, hush you. They follow an Emperor, so it works. Your only a Chapter Master, I'm a Tanith Scout Sergeant who can take down anything like a :ph34r: .

[img]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z85/delta38sniper/leman-russ-700x437.jpg[/img]
Like a Guard

Edited by Imperium of Cadia

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1348945253' post='3035706']
Well, that is one possibility. But you are thinking too narrowly:
1) It could be that we've chosen someone randomly, and they provoked us after we chose them.
2) It could be that we have chosen from a list of alliances we already have dirt on.
3) It could be that we aren't even the ones attacking, but the ones being attacked.
4) It could be that we're fighting someone who doesn't even exist yet (like a splinter NPO faction)
5) It could be just be bending the truth about being random
6) It could be us having secret control of the government of many other alliances and just creating a proxy war from thin air
7) It could be us deciding to put out patent rights on having rectangular objects with rounded corners or breathing a mixture of oxygen and nitrogen.
8) It could be us both instituting tech-raiding and un-recognizing the sovereignty of other alliances, thus making every nation on Bob a target
9) It could be us making this whole thing up to raise publicity about some other happening
10) It could be us declaring a war on someone as part of a trick involving a merger/annexation or something
11) It could be us declaring war on the entire world, with the CB that the world needs some serious change.

There are all sorts of possibilities out there, don't limit yourself.
[/quote]
I thought every alliance in cybernations is a possible target? You can't really tell me here that you have dirt on every alliance. As for the rest of the post, nonsense.

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1348955842' post='3035747']
[/quote]
It has only been suspended. Never forget that.

Edited by Starfox101

unless this war is against someone who is an equal match is strength and treaty partners im going to be dissapointed

if you're going to attack someone and you know its going to be a steamroll it would be funnier if you named them originally that way everyone could get a head start on making terrible boat and MS paint signatures, plus it would be a change from the norm which is always more entertaining then the same old curbstomp that happens every 6 months around here

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1348986751' post='3035863']
I thought every alliance in cybernations is a possible target? You can't really tell me here that you have dirt on every alliance. As for the rest of the post, nonsense.

It has only been suspended. Never forget that.
[/quote]

If that were truly the case, where is it when Planet bob most needs it?

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1349030256' post='3036022']
If that were truly the case, where is it when Planet bob most needs it?
[/quote]
Bob doesn't need Vox Populi. Bob needs a maelstrom to rise up, crush Pacifica permanently, and salt the Red Sphere as the appetizer to the wanton obliteration of anything and everything mortal.

The screams and tears of the self-congratulatory pretentious moralists would, of course, act as dessert in this wonderful meal.

[quote name='Cortath' timestamp='1348949900' post='3035724']
Our sigs are not garish! Perish the thought!

Every sig is finely crafted to the sound of babies being eaten.
[/quote]
I agree with the former, but with regard to the latter, I should like to clarify a grilling before the eating.

That [i]WOULD[/i] be garish!

[quote name='Imperium of Cadia' timestamp='1348979611' post='3035825']
Calgar, hush you. They follow an Emperor, so it works. Your only a Chapter Master, I'm a Tanith Scout Sergeant who can take down anything like a :ph34r: .

[img]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z85/delta38sniper/leman-russ-700x437.jpg[/img]
Like a Guard
[/quote]

What's that from? That looks familiar.