Waking my inner Reaver

Brehon

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1348856509' post='3035255']
Very interesting....NPO is beefing up their FA Dept big time. Add to that the fact Brehon has gone radio silence on Bootleg and what does it all tell you? For starters, they don't need to increase FA because nobody give's a big rat's ass if they hit us or not. As for bootleg, Brehon knows damned well that if I start ranting about things it will put a big PR hit on him. Once again, nobody cares Brehon so do a radio show and let me speak cowboy!!!
[/quote]

No offense to FAN, there are better targets out there than you. I will be disappointed if NPO pick the weaker option and go with hitting FAN.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting....NPO is beefing up their FA Dept big time. Add to that the fact Brehon has gone radio silence on Bootleg and what does it all tell you? For starters, they don't need to increase FA because nobody give's a big rat's ass if they hit us or not. As for bootleg, Brehon knows damned well that if I start ranting about things it will put a big PR hit on him. Once again, nobody cares Brehon so do a radio show and let me speak cowboy!!!
[/quote]
FAN, your persecution complex is so cute.

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1348866317' post='3035375']
You won't be half as disappointed as we will.
[/quote]

I dunno, pretty much everyone will be devastated if it turned out to be that.
All of NPO's allies should just cancel on them and attack them for such a let down.

[/quote]

Nothing but love :)

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1348867283' post='3035383']
I dunno, pretty much everyone will be devastated if it turned out to be that.
All of NPO's allies should just cancel on them and attack them for such a let down.
[/quote]

Oh my yes, that would be an amazing disappointment. :lol1:

[/quote]
Very true. Were this MK, or anyone in their sphere attempting this, it wouldn't go over so well. NPO has actually managed to get people excited about them hitting an alliance, without a CB, and unprovoked. I guess that would be attributed to a hope that NPO hits an alliance that can defend themselves, for example, someone in previously mentioned MK sphere. Though I doubt that will be the case, and they will inevitably end up hitting a smaller, less dug in alliance.

And when that happens, that FA they've worked so hard to build up will go right down the drain. I've seen train wrecks like this before. I will thoroughly enjoy being a bystander in this one.

Edit: Hey, you have old grudges with me as well. You could lump us in with FAN and get some good old revenge on the [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Pocahontas_Accords"]Pocahontas Accords[/url].

Edited by Starfox101

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1348884524' post='3035498']
So much to learn about me :) All of you.
[/quote]
Well, I will admit I have a very small sample size of you. However, I have seen nothing other than talk. Until that changes, I'm going to stick with my stance. Acta non Verba.

Now, excuse me while I rile up FAN and OcUK for another ride.

While in this you have seen talk, to say I have not had action for every other word I have said is intentionally misleading and flat out wrong. But that is fine you get to see soon enough these weren't just words. Until then... enjoy :)

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1348886003' post='3035510']
While in this you have seen talk, to say I have not had action for every other word I have said is intentionally misleading and flat out wrong. But that is fine you get to see soon enough these weren't just words. Until then... enjoy :)
[/quote]
BANG IT BROTHER! BANG IT. :ph34r:

[/quote]

Make me laugh and hit dumbhouse or one of them :D

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1348884141' post='3035494']
Very true. Were this MK, or anyone in their sphere attempting this, it wouldn't go over so well. NPO has actually managed to get people excited about them hitting an alliance, without a CB, and unprovoked. I guess that would be attributed to a hope that NPO hits an alliance that can defend themselves, for example, someone in previously mentioned MK sphere. Though I doubt that will be the case, and they will inevitably end up hitting a smaller, less dug in alliance.
[/quote]

Or maybe people don't actually assume that we're going around dishing out unprovoked curbstomps, so they don't have to latch to the hope that it will at least happen to someone they don't like.

[quote]
I've seen train wrecks like this before. I will thoroughly enjoy being a bystander in this one.
[/quote]

You go around watching train accidents and enjoy yourself? That's pretty antisocial. And dangerous too, since you are at risk from derailed trains, fires, and chemical leaks.

I think that this may have been a bit more effective had Brehon made the OP and left the substance-less banter to others.

Forgive me, Honorable Emperor, but statements such as these, "So much to learn about me," and, "But that is fine you get to see soon enough these weren't just words," might have been better left unsaid. You and your alliance are - at least implicitly - promising an onslaught such as has been hitherto unseen on Bob. To that end, you must understand that some of the community will be skeptical regardless of what you say. You [the NPO] and your allies presumably have the force to back up this announcement, otherwise you would not have made it: don't cheapen that force with [i]wait and see[/i] responses.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1348915101' post='3035594']
Or maybe people don't actually assume that we're going around dishing out unprovoked curbstomps, so they don't have to latch to the hope that it will at least happen to someone they don't like.
[/quote]
Our engagements were plenty provoked.

Will we be provided the fabled [i]justa causa[/i] come 10/11/12?

[/quote]

CALM DOWN BREHON!!!! :lol1:

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1348884814' post='3035500']
Well, I will admit I have a very small sample size of you. However, I have seen nothing other than talk. Until that changes, I'm going to stick with my stance. Acta non Verba.

Now, excuse me while I rile up FAN and OcUK for another ride.
[/quote]

Wow! I can remember getting along with the Combine and not that long ago. Looks like you have not only replaced Blood Fury in name but in beliefs. That's ok though. Getting along with too many AAs at the same time gets us nervous. Best way to rile us up of course is to attack us but I fear if you do that so soon to when NPO plans to hit us you just might rile them up. Probably best to just sit back for several more days and see where the fur flies eh? :P

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1348884141' post='3035494']
Very true. Were this MK, or anyone in their sphere attempting this, it wouldn't go over so well. NPO has actually managed to get people excited about them hitting an alliance, without a CB, and unprovoked.[/quote]

Yeah, I noticed that too. I've been trying to figure out the reasoning behind announcing something like this 30 days in advance. After watching the responses, I get it. Announcing this 30 days in advance changes the discussion from "oh look, NPO...(much outrage)" to "so that's the target" once it happens. Well, now we know.

Since everyone had heard that something will happen, the initial shock and outrage is lost - less of a PR mess.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1348884141' post='3035494'] I guess that would be attributed to a hope that NPO hits an alliance that can defend themselves, for example, someone in previously mentioned MK sphere.[/quote]

No. I think people are skeptical that it will happen exactly for the reason you mention next

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1348884141' post='3035494']And when that happens, that FA they've worked so hard to build up will go right down the drain. I've seen train wrecks like this before. I will thoroughly enjoy being a bystander in this one.[/quote]

People think it will not happen because risking the good FA that they have worked so hard to build back up isn't worth it. Thus, must be a joke of some sort - let's wait to find out if the punch line is any good.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1348915101' post='3035594']
[/quote]
So you put a 30 day timer on a provoked attack, yet said you will be randomly choosing the alliance? Therefore, every alliance in the world has given you a CB? I find that highly unlikely, though I know NPO have been pretty sensitive in the past.

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1348937448' post='3035664']
Wow! I can remember getting along with the Combine and not that long ago. Looks like you have not only replaced Blood Fury in name but in beliefs. That's ok though. Getting along with too many AAs at the same time gets us nervous. Best way to rile us up of course is to attack us but I fear if you do that so soon to when NPO plans to hit us you just might rile them up. Probably best to just sit back for several more days and see where the fur flies eh? :P
[/quote]
Well, there was a reason a reason I joined The Combine after all.

We'll have to get on a new age Pocahontas Accords. Combine, CoJ, and FAN!

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1348940400' post='3035679']
Yeah, I noticed that too. I've been trying to figure out the reasoning behind announcing something like this 30 days in advance. After watching the responses, I get it. Announcing this 30 days in advance changes the discussion from "oh look, NPO...(much outrage)" to "so that's the target" once it happens. Well, now we know.

Since everyone had heard that something will happen, the initial shock and outrage is lost - less of a PR mess.

No. I think people are skeptical that it will happen exactly for the reason you mention next

People think it will not happen because risking the good FA that they have worked so hard to build back up isn't worth it. Thus, must be a joke of some sort - let's wait to find out if the punch line is any good.
[/quote]
they never said they didn't have a CB for the record, but the PR method employed here is brilliant, I agree.

People are skeptical because it normally doesn't make sense to announce you're going to roll someone a month in advance, unless you've isolated them enough where it simply doesn't matter that they know in advance.

Thing is, nobody is considering the FA path that NPO worked so hard to build in the first place, that's where I think the punchline has already been revealed to an extent.

[quote name='BKlein' timestamp='1348932242' post='3035636']
I think that this may have been a bit more effective had Brehon made the OP and left the substance-less banter to others.

Forgive me, Honorable Emperor, but statements such as these, "So much to learn about me," and, "But that is fine you get to see soon enough these weren't just words," might have been better left unsaid. You and your alliance are - at least implicitly - promising an onslaught such as has been hitherto unseen on Bob. To that end, you must understand that some of the community will be skeptical regardless of what you say. You [the NPO] and your allies presumably have the force to back up this announcement, otherwise you would not have made it: don't cheapen that force with [i]wait and see[/i] responses.
[/quote]

You should get out and see more of the world! There's been quite a bit of onslaught hitherto seen in these parts.

Edited by Cortath