Waking my inner Reaver

Brehon

[quote name='Hime Themis' timestamp='1349406348' post='3037501']I chose to honour Good Brehon and his cryptic message with a mildy cryptic allusion myself. I guess Babylon 5 is too ancient for many,. Sigh.[/quote]
I recognized your quote when I read it, and appreciated it. B5 was cutting edge, I really did enjoyed it greatly back in the day.

I am sure Brehon appreciated it as well, being ex Grey Council after all, but then again thats why you posted it probably

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apathy is easy to come by when you don't have a goal. I am not talking about a simple "shiny" that gives you instant gratification, but rather a deeper, long term, tangible satisfaction. While instant gratification has its place, one might become lost chasing it, so it is a detriment to Francoism. The goal must follow the tenet I previously spoke of: benefitting the group. Let instant gratification fall into place as your revolution moves its course -- never strive for such a shallow benefit.

So what is the goal? I assert that there can never be just one. For a complete analysis of the global scenario includes so many moving parts it is easy to sell yourself short by honing in on only one element. Taking the time to give Order to this process will cause each piece to become evident and clear. Then you are ready combine them in a true goal.

Turning the final corner of the countdown with six remaining days, I leave you with this introduction on setting goals. Tomorrow we go deeper with the first part of actual goals.

/ Late to the party

I now have this stuck in my head as an image of Emperor Brehon :S

[img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzi7wldJQg1qizhbj.gif[/img]

// am sure NPO media can modify

Manifestation and realization of a goal can only be achieved if that goal's purpose serves something greater than yourself. Yesterday, I went over a very brief review of setting a goal and today's discussion focuses on that first line. Francoism asks why; revolution demands why. Each of us must examine ourselves and our motives so we can answer this question as we structure our aims. Doing this will cause them to fall into one of four categories.

Self-enlightenment is the first and easiest in the list of goals, and with so many branches of opportunities, it also remains one of the safest. The benefits are purely individual, thus this cannot truly be part of a Francoist Revolution. Vengeance or Revenge are typically seen as being the most emotionally-driven goals and are also among the the shortest lived. Such an objective is usually so individually focused that its long-term failure is all but guaranteed. So in our first two examples, we have one purely individual goal and another that is purely destructive.

Five days remain until the much anticipated actions of Pacifica. Tomorrow I will continue and conclude the discussion of goals with two more examples.

[quote name='bakamitai' timestamp='1349573983' post='3038079']
I am tremendously excited, because I know what's coming. You will not be disappointed.
[/quote]
How can you be so sure? You have no idea what the expectation is.

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1349654019' post='3038437']
Well, now that I know who it ISN'T, I guess I'll just sit back and wait to see who it is. Kind of a diasappointment in a way. [img]http://fangamers.net/images/smilies/shrug.gif[/img]
[/quote]
Admittedly, I've not read through all of the past couple of pages -- cannot be bothered to read more than a couple of posts at a time, tbh -- but how do you know who it isn't?

Earlier I listed and briefly discussed the first two examples of goals. I specifically used those two because in reality, they go against Francoism. I realized people would, could and almost certainly will twist that into meaning that some of the past actions of the Order were, in fact, against Francoism. To this I would reply that the point is at least valid enough to note but will also point out that that is what happens when a goal seems altruistic but is actually self-serving. This leads us to our third example, Group Progression.

Group Progression is actually a tenant of Francoism. It requires speaking for the whole while keeping their individual needs and desires in close consideration. Beyond mere consideration, however, there is the additional step of self-evaluation. This crucial step is often overlooked, and if it is, the goal itself is corrupted. Group Progression is the advancement of the alliance as a result of the revolution. It is done for the complete betterment of those you represent and, as a side benefit, the world around you. Often Group Progression is confused with or mistaken for Group Survival -- Group Progression is a process of betterment; Group Survival is a process of stagnation.

In four days' time, many answers will be revealed. Tomorrow I will give a final summary of goals and begin the final steps of clarification.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1349668128' post='3038495']
While all this Francoism talks make me feel nostalgic(in a good way) it also bores me a lot. Brings Vladimir back, he did it better than you(no offense intended).
[/quote]

Apologies for not keeping you entertained good sir. How could we forget that we're here only to entertain you? We'll try not to fail you in the future.

[quote name='Gandroff' timestamp='1349668614' post='3038500']
Apologies for not keeping you entertained good sir. How could we forget that we're here only to entertain you? We'll try not to fail you in the future.
[/quote]

he brings up a good point; i've not read a Vladimir essay in years.. BRING US VLAD!