Waking my inner Reaver

Brehon

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1349825638' post='3039178']
What I am saying is that he's not very good at what he's trying to do right now. There are people in NPO far better at the philosophy thing. Past Emperors have trotted these folks out instead of pretending to be philosophers, why did he not do the same?
[/quote]

One of the things I admire about Brehon compared to his predecessors is his willingness to do his own dirty work, make his own mistakes and own up to them. I'd rather see him out here offering a less smooth performance than have him dispatch a surrogate.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1349837573' post='3039285']
One of the things I admire about Brehon compared to his predecessors is his willingness to do his own dirty work, make his own mistakes and own up to them. I'd rather see him out here offering a less smooth performance than have him dispatch a surrogate.
[/quote]

I actually agree with you, for the most part. While I disagree with Brehon's performance in the last war (re: "I don't agree with this but I'm going to enable it!"), it was pleasing to see him being the one making the decision (at least in public, who knows what is actually happening in the background, though I tend to think he was actually the decision maker from my one conversation I've had with him) and taking the flack for it.

But alliance culture isn't really "dirty work," in my opinion, so I feel that's where you and I are probably moving in different directions here. It's never really been done by Emperors because it doesn't need to be done by them, and it isn't best served (once again, in my opinion) by being done by Emperors. When you want to put forth a coherent and pervasive ideology, you have your best wordsmiths do it as smooth as possible, so as to convince the most people that it is correct.

[quote name='Lord Valleo' timestamp='1349835855' post='3039273']
My strings are getting a lil loose, Can someone please pull them a lil tighter...mkay thank you!

:smug:
[/quote]

If you think I'm stepping within 10 feet of your strings, you're completely kidding yourself LV :P

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#000000]One question remains on everyone mind: why am I doing this? Is it, as some have claimed, simply for attention or is it something else entirely? Like always, the answer is multifaceted, but in its many layers, the message exists primarily for one cause: for all of us to think. To lead us to look at where we are, where we want to go and what we are willing to do to get there. Are the things we do for ourselves, a greater cause or are they done just to ensure continued existence? In all likelihood everyone will have so many different answers that we could debate it forever. The point is to think; the point is to be more than existence, for in the act of striving for existence alone you set yourself up to fail.

Through radio, posts and even in normal conversation, I like challenging people to think. I don't hold myself above this as I occasionally experience my own shortcomings while engaging in such activities, but I do see some people who simply cannot do that. We have gotten so wrapped up in acting like we are such great and wonderful heads of state that we often refuse to see anything past the shine of their own personal glory. Absolutely no one is above this human fault; we're all guilty of it at some point, but if you have the tenacity and will to look beyond, it will merely become a fleeting and understandable fault as opposed to a glaring personality flaw.

With only a single day left until I make the final post of the countdown and move on to the declaration of war, I ask you all to think clearly and deeply. Tomorrow I will wrap up my summary and look forward to the impending holiday season.[/color][/size][/font]

Edited by Brehon

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1349838802' post='3039301']
I actually agree with you, for the most part. While I disagree with Brehon's performance in the last war (re: "I don't agree with this but I'm going to enable it!"), it was pleasing to see him being the one making the decision (at least in public,[b] who knows what is actually happening in the background[/b], though I tend to think he was actually the decision maker from my one conversation I've had with him) and taking the flack for it.
[/quote]
It's quite simple, really. Brehon has a trusted corps of advisers (of which I'm one). Sometimes he goes with his gut, and sometimes he listens to his advisers when they tell him not to. I can't imagine this is a shock to anyone.

[quote name='bakamitai' timestamp='1349844501' post='3039334']
It's quite simple, really. Brehon has a trusted corps of advisers (of which I'm one). Sometimes he goes with his gut, and sometimes he listens to his advisers when they tell him not to. I can't imagine this is a shock to anyone.
[/quote]

Suppose that's good to hear. We all know there have been times in the past where the Emperor hasn't been making any of the decisions, which is where the possibility of it going either way comes up.

[quote name='bakamitai' timestamp='1349844501' post='3039334']
[/quote]

That isn't what it sounded like on the radio broadcast that started all this. :v:

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1349843510' post='3039329']
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#000000]One question remains on everyone mind: why am I doing this? Is it, as some have claimed, simply for attention or is it something else entirely? Like always, the answer is multifaceted, but in its many layers, the message exists primarily for one cause: for all of us to think. To lead us to look at where we are, where we want to go and what we are willing to do to get there. Are the things we do for ourselves, a greater cause or are they done just to ensure continued existence? In all likelihood everyone will have so many different answers that we could debate it forever. The point is to think; the point is to be more than existence, for in the act of striving for existence alone you set yourself up to fail.

Through radio, posts and even in normal conversation, I like challenging people to think. I don't hold myself above this as I occasionally experience my own shortcomings while engaging in such activities, but I do see some people who simply cannot do that. We have gotten so wrapped up in acting like we are such great and wonderful heads of state that we often refuse to see anything past the shine of their own personal glory. Absolutely no one is above this human fault; we're all guilty of it at some point, but if you have the tenacity and will to look beyond, it will merely become a fleeting and understandable fault as opposed to a glaring personality flaw.

With only a single day left until I make the final post of the countdown and move on to the declaration of war, I ask you all to think clearly and deeply. Tomorrow I will wrap up my summary and look forward to the impending holiday season.[/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]

Excited. cant wait for the impending entertainment.

[quote name='bombuator' timestamp='1349850058' post='3039368']
When does it start? Friday night?
[/quote]
October 11, 2012 is when it'll start.

We'll be fighting <CENSORED>, :P.

Edit: Hmm, that's odd. It got filtered, o.O.

Edit 2: Yes, I'm messing with your mind.

Edited by Iceknave

[quote name='Matt Miller' timestamp='1349862989' post='3039396']
I just thought I'd pop in here to note that GPA is moving to Peace Mode with 104 nations there already.
[/quote]

Wow your right. Looks like someone is a little paranoid.

Oh and for those playing at home FAN has 1 in peace mode. :popcorn:

[quote name='Matt Miller' timestamp='1349862989' post='3039396']
I just thought I'd pop in here to note that GPA is moving to Peace Mode with 104 nations there already.
[/quote]

And who say's GPA does not pay attention to the news :ehm:

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1349843510' post='3039329']
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#000000]Absolutely no one is above this human fault[/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]

There's your problem - inferior species. My condolences to all of you.

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1349863118' post='3039397']
oh, my bad, I joked about Non Grata hitting GPA last night... oops
[/quote]

Following a signage with their favourite neutral raiders ........... ;)

<3 GPA

Bring on the rain, Brehon. We're all ready. :popcorn:

Edited by Rayvon

[quote name='Matt Miller' timestamp='1349862989' post='3039396']I just thought I'd pop in here to note that GPA is moving to Peace Mode with 104 nations there already.[/quote]
[quote name='GPA Forums']Alliance wide military drill Oct 1st-21st. You are all asked to increase activity to at least once daily both in game and in the forums and comply to the orders. Do NOT ignore this![/quote]
[url="http://forums.cn-gpa.com/"]link[/url]

Edited by jerdge