End of the NPO | VE FRONT

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1342068924' post='3008908']
There is no feeling like this at all, where is that coming from?
[/quote]

Aine's old school. You can lead a Viridian out of the Karma War, but you can't take the jungle out of a cheetah? Something like that.

Anyway good fight. Guess I'll stay a nuke turret for another six months.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Chuck Normis' timestamp='1342067712' post='3008877']
I hope VE doesn't make a habit of finishing this early. Maybe they were just nervous?
[/quote]

They hardly used peacemode. That tends to shorten things, regardless of outcome.

I'm glad to see the war come to a quick and amicable conclusion. Much respect for the way VE handled themselves in this war, head on and without fear! We have that much in common and more I'm sure.

I'm just sorry that noone but Illusionude took me up on residency at our 5 star POW Camp. I mean, all the baby back ribs, smoked Brisket and various marinated and seasoned cooked meats... all sitting there in the dining hall... Illusionude may end up getting even fatter than before.... ;)

oo/ VE
oo/ Our side

[quote name='Gen Lee' timestamp='1342064718' post='3008737']
Must say I'm very disappointed in the resolve of an alliance we have considered friends for a long time.

Alas,

"Friendship isn't about whom you have known the longest... It's about who came, and never left your side."
~ Anonymous.
[/quote]

Good lord, VE. Drop these ungrateful jerks, for the sake of your own pride. Absolutely incredible that GOD would have the gall to tell their allies who just lost half of their NS that they're disappointed in them.

Get the hell out, GOD. Seriously. Disband, you're a disgrace.

[quote name='Ch33kY' timestamp='1342071916' post='3008948']
It's disgusting how amiable and friendly everyone is about this war. Where is the blood, screaming and tears that I have so enjoyed from the conflict on Planet Bob all these years?
[/quote]

I get the impression nobody really cares about this war. Dave93 just is not worth it, and really this is just a rerun of the Grudge War. Sequels are never as good as the original, especially when they use the exact same cast and plot.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1342072428' post='3008950']
I get the impression nobody really cares about this war. Dave93 just is not worth it, and really this is just a rerun of the Grudge War. Sequels are never as good as the original, especially when they use the exact same cast and plot.
[/quote]
It helps when the cast doesn't lock up their major stars so they can't perform.

[quote name='Ch33kY' timestamp='1342071916' post='3008948']
It's disgusting how amiable and friendly everyone is about this war. Where is the blood, screaming and tears that I have so enjoyed from the conflict on Planet Bob all these years?
[/quote]

This is what happens when you try and force people to watch repeat after repeat. Everyones over it I think. Hell the guys I'm fighting are great fun it's like hanging out playing pool at the pub rather then the grudge war we all went through back at new years.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1342072753' post='3008953']
It helps when the cast doesn't lock up their major stars so they can't perform.
[/quote]

Wait till next time.

As cliché as it may seem, I am inclined to side with Gen Lee's take on this issue. To that, I must add that to declare in defense of an ally, and then to accept peace while you ally still burns is no real friend.

Good riddance in this front, VE. Hopefully this time GOD realizes what kind of ally you really are

[quote name='Gen Lee' timestamp='1342064718' post='3008737']
Must say I'm very disappointed in the resolve of an alliance we have considered friends for a long time.

Alas,

"Friendship isn't about whom you have known the longest... It's about who came, and never left your side."
~ Anonymous.
[/quote]
VE has lost over 50% of it's NS and 4 out of it's top 40 are in peace mode. GOD has lost about 35% of it's NS with 28 of it's top 40 in peace mode, including it's top 11. VE deserves this peace.

At the end of the day, there was no reason to continue this war. When NPO and VE both agreed to peace. VE were an honourable ally IMO. They actually stood up for ther ally when so many others would not have. It is a good thing to see. VE has earned my respect, for standing up for their ally (knowing full well the repercussions of hitting NPO would bring) and for how respectful and fun they have acted throughout this conflict. Again VE, you earned peace in my eyes.

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1342078605' post='3008987']
VE has earned my respect, for standing up for their ally (knowing full well the repercussions of hitting NPO would bring) and for how respectful and fun they have acted throughout this conflict. Again VE, you earned peace in my eyes.
[/quote]

I have heaps of respect for the guys I fought with from NPO and IRON. Not one skipped a beat. Both these alliances stock has gone up in my book.

I am surprised to read the haters on here, but I never spend much time in OWF.

This is how wars should be fought - all in and quick. Are you really at war in Peace Mode for 3 weeks?

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1342063996' post='3008710']
o/ Abandoning allies on the battlefield
[/quote]

Not much to defend anyway. Close to half of GOD is in PM.

Good war VE. Good luck rebuilding.