Going out on top

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack, you're one of the best alliance leaders ever. If you want to retire, you've certainly earned it. Sit back and enjoy your Founder status.

Schad, J Bibbs, and bcortell. Congrats - you'll do great. You three are reasonable and experienced leaders in your own right and I've seen 3 way leadership situations work fine so I'm not worried. Not even about that Manatee :P

Edited by White Chocolate

For those who aren't fans of triumvirs, it's all Jack's fault. In leading BN to date, he set expectations for our leadership position that none of us can possibly match while maintaining some semblance of sanity; if someone were to take over as sole leader, they'd be expected to run half the bloody government departments, make every tough call, settle every dispute, and tuck everyone in at night, as he did. He set the bar such that any single individual taking his place would need a super-human level of activity and competence to match, and that's just not a fair expectation of anyone. So we're splitting it up.

For those who need to contact us (all one of you per month), the outward-facing part of our government doesn't change. EndofArgument and myself are still in charge of matters FA, and as before his word on behalf of the alliance means BN's word, just as with mine; this ain't the sort of system where the ministers are just glorified messenger-boys and the triumvirs have all the real authority. The triumvirate doesn't replace the existing structure of our government, it just (hopefully) serves as a means to oversee the whole proceedings and keep the government (which comprises roughly 95% of our alliance membership, it seems) in check.

Thanks, Jack; glad that you're sticking around to tell us when we're doing it horribly wrong.

Edit: for those who don't know J Bibbs, it's possibly because he goes by UGottaPlayJJ on IRC and our forum.

Edited by Schad

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1327176150' post='2904302']
Jack, you're one of the best alliance leaders ever. If you want to retire, you've certainly earned it. Sit back and enjoy your Founder status.

Schad, J Bibbs, and bcortell. Congrats - you'll do great. You three are reasonable and experienced leaders in your own right and I've seen 3 way leadership situations work fine so I'm not worried. Not even about that Manatee :P
[/quote]

He can't retire - who will tell us what to do? As BN is like no other alliance, don't assume this to be any other Tri leadership - we are a form of checks and balances. Our ministers do their jobs very well, and will continue to carry on as they have.

To add to Schad's point, I am also UGPJJ[BN] on IRC.

Edited by J Bibbs

This announcement needs more Schad.....
This announcement HAS more Schad!
Olympus is satisfied, carry on.

Enjoy retirement Jack, you can be very proud of what you have done, don't forget to smack the Tri every now and again, with your walking stick, just to keep them on their toes.

Your dedication has been unbelievable, and i'm sure you know BN wouldn't be what it is today without you, in any shape or form. I'm glad that you're going to get to enjoy playing at a more manageable pace now.

Good luck to our new 3! Hope you've had your parenting lessons.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1327187098' post='2904372']
I was going to say I'm not a fan of tris and best of luck, but apparently a half dozen people have said that already.
[/quote]

I was going to say that I wasn't a fan of tris, and then wish you guys luck. But then, I saw that a bunch of other people already had, so I was going to leave a comment about that instead. And then this post. :psyduck:

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1327210139' post='2904504']
Enjoy semi-retirement Jack, you'll end up returning just like everyone else does! :P

Also, you let bcortell become a trium? :(( BN's toast.

Congratulations to the new line up in BN gov't.
[/quote]
They obviously thought BN needed to go to a new level of crazy. This should be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

A legendary leader in CN steps down, but like so many others have said it's:

1) Great to see that "the" Lost Island (inside wiki joke ;) ) will still be drivihg strong! :wub:
2) BN continues with an excellent Tri at the helm, even if one if them is a Raptor's fan, lol.

--Mags :hug:

Edited by Nova Blue