A Briefest Comment on RIA

Ardus

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1322678207' post='2857133']
A [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=106876]bunch[/url] [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=106885]of other[/url] [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=106985]people[/url] cut in line when we weren't looking. Now the show's sold out and the best we can do is wait to see if any other acts worth checking out come to town.

Then there's guys like you with front row tickets sitting at home with their hands down their pants, too lazy to go.
[/quote]

What can be said.. I guess RIA is full of television addicts, if they wanna see a war movie they flip to channel 1 and look at Polar vs. TOP/IRON, if they want a comedy they flip to channel 2 and read the OWF.

How does it feel to be a star?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1322687099' post='2857236']
This thread should be memorialized as a lesson that, yes, sometimes OWF gag orders can be a good thing.
[/quote]

This is really all I was going to say, but you beat me to it.

Damn you, Bob. :mad:

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1322681721' post='2857177']
What can be said.. I guess RIA is full of television addicts, if they wanna see a war movie they flip to channel 1 and look at Polar vs. TOP/IRON, if they want a comedy they flip to channel 2 and read the OWF.

How does it feel to be a star?
[/quote]

So by your metaphor, RIA is a 35-year-old living in their parents' basement, living life vicariously through others. Quite the fearsome symbol you create.

OOC: P.S. That's a cute sig and all, but it becomes a little embarrassing when you realize the Tin Man was made of...you guessed it... [s]iron[/s] tin.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1322692007' post='2857288']
MK are the best at rilling people up. While this certainly isn't their best it is certainly entertaining.
[/quote]

Ah yes now that they have fallen on their face, let's call it a joke thread.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1322687099' post='2857236']
This thread should be memorialized as a lesson that, yes, sometimes OWF gag orders can be a good thing.
[/quote]

Just because Ardus showed little tact and let frustration get the better of him, doesnt negate the point he is making bob.

ie:RIA inked polar days before polar got cold cocked and have from all outside appearances shirked their duty and ignored said treaty, for whatever reasons(in the publics eyes at least).

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='Diabloz' timestamp='1322656054' post='2856893']RIA only signed this because they wanted Polar to defend them if they were attacked by Mjolnir it is obvious enough :rolleyes:[/quote]

You're a funny guy Diabloz. That was just what I needed to put me in a good mood before I leave for the day. Thank you.

I don't understand. You have personally admitted treating to alliances for survival purposes and now you post things like this?

I can understand if you renounced those views but I don't believe that you have.

Not only is this a terrible callout thread (because we really need more of those) but it's from one of the worst possible people to be posting it.

Edited by Earogema

[quote name='Garion' timestamp='1322664461' post='2856989']
Deinos too :v: I can play your game too.
[/quote]
Deinos are both arguing a completely asinine point and have backed out of a losing point in a fashion that displays cowardice. Right.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1322693124' post='2857300']
I don't understand. You have personally admitted treating to alliances for survival purposes and now you post things like this?

I can understand if you renounced those views but I don't believe that you have.

Not only is this a terrible callout thread (because we really need more of those) but it's from one of the worst possible people to be posting it.
[/quote]
Haha. This guy.

To break it down: Hypocrisy doesn't mean he isn't right, signing treaties for survival is the exact opposite of what's happening here (dodging treaties for survival) and this callout thread is spot-on.

Edited by Neo Uruk

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1322693124' post='2857300']

[/quote]
I'm afraid I fail to see how my own history detracts from RIA's refusal to defend their newest ally. The purposes behind some of the old VE treaties may have been less than stellar, but the Entente followed them to the letter. When you have a written agreement to defend somebody, you defend them, whether win, lose, or draw.

[quote name='Diabloz' timestamp='1322662029' post='2856959']
It is very sad, that RIA or SF think of this as a strategy. Can't you admit your afraid to lose your pixels?

Seriously though i don't see how RIA could justify signing a treaty with NpO (MDP) and then saying they don't need help. I think it is quite the bull!@#$ especially seeing SF's history of always being in the winning side. You can sit and watch RIA but don't tell us your loyal ever again!

I am not against SF. But i am against making excuses to get out of protecting a ally.
[/quote]

Pretty much this. FFS you created that treaty on the even of polar getting rolled. Its not like this war came as a surprise.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1322692606' post='2857295']
Just because Ardus showed little tact and let frustration get the better of him, doesnt negate the point he is making bob.

ie:RIA inked polar days before polar got cold cocked and have from all outside appearances shirked their duty and ignored said treaty, for whatever reasons(in the publics eyes at least).
[/quote]
It wasn't directed towards anyone from MK actually... Rotavele and Jaiar come to mind when I think of inspirations for my post.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1322694558' post='2857319']
Whatever you do, don't apply it to Rotavele and d34th. They're the best posters on the MK side.
[/quote]
Sure, d34th works as well. They are unintentionally doing your jobs for you.

Just a quick timeline for some people:

The first serious rumors of an attack on Polaris were leaked to the public on November 21st. They were serious enough to send half of the NpO into Peace Mode. They were serious enough for the hasty signing of a treaty between RIA and NpO (for whatever purposes) on November 22nd. If those two events occured, logically, those alliances should have been getting ready to intervene militarily, if need be.

We attacked on November 25th.

We are now on the evening of November 30th.

It has been more than a week since that Peace Mode migration and the signature of that treaty. Yet, RIA still fails to march to war. People mocked Legion and several other paper tigers, in the past, for taking four or five days to get ready. War machines like CCC and UPN have already entered. I think the analogy applies.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='Vladimir Nikanor' timestamp='1322688012' post='2857249']
Who are you again? :unsure:
[/quote]
Now I understand your lack of knowledge, you should ask your alliance's older players, perhaps NoR's predecessor NoV members?

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1322697588' post='2857360']
Just a quick timeline for some people:

The first serious rumors of an attack on Polaris were leaked to the public on November 21st. They were serious enough to send half of the NpO into Peace Mode. They were serious enough for the hasty signing of a treaty between RIA and NpO (for whatever purposes) on November 22nd. If those two events occured, logically, those alliances should have been getting ready to intervene militarily, if need be.

We attacked on November 25th.

We are now on the evening of November 30th.

It has been more than a week since that Peace Mode migration and the signature of that treaty. Yet, RIA still fails to march to war. People mocked Legion and several other paper tigers, in the past, for taking four or five days to get ready. War machines like CCC and UPN have already entered. I think the analogy applies.
[/quote]

Fog of war. The truth is no one has any idea what the intentions of Polar's allies that have yet to declare are. There are a number of possibilities but two that spring immediately to my mind are:

1. They aren't going to enter for a number of possible reasons.

2. They plan to enter at a time of theirs and Polar's choosing.

The accusations against RIA in this thread are at this stage un-testable and it's possible the discussions that have happened between them and Polar will never be fully disclosed.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1322699386' post='2857375']
Now I understand your lack of knowledge, you should ask your alliance's older players, perhaps NoR's predecessor NoV members?
[/quote]
Just make sure those members have aged properly. You know, senility.