A Briefest Comment on RIA

Ardus

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1322636878' post='2856725']
Watching your side have aneurysms over how hard you want RIA to bring in counters to draw in SF is quite amusing. Angry things aren't going according to plan?
[/quote]

I honestly have no problem with enjoying Polar and Co going down in flames once again while making fun of RIA for being worthless and spineless. It's quite amusing for us as well. If this is going to be your strategy of avoiding the eventual major war then enjoy watching your meat shields go down silently around you.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1322636755' post='2856720']
You don't know what you're talking about, you're actually bungling the facts in an incredible way. Only thing you're doing right is making yourself look like you know absolutely nothing.
[/quote]

Woah. So hostile :D

[quote name='Sniper Joe' timestamp='1322635811' post='2856689']
I'm glad to hear it. Getting too stressed out is bad for you. Not being sarcastic.
[/quote]
I've long ago accepted my nation is rather useless, as long as I can send out my daily radiation boost to my enemies, I care not for how well off my people are.
OOC: I'm pretty sure we've all stopped caring about our nations at this point, on all sides, these types of war are more than likely all that's left.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1322637259' post='2856729']
Ivan did it better.
[/quote]
I tend to agree with this, that man had a gift.

To those who are wondering about the RIA's recent actions. Please remember the following.

The RIA is honor-bound to respect IRON's Potatoes (in return for their respect of our RIA squash). As TOP and IRON are treaty partners, IRON has inevitably shared its potatoes with TOP. Therefore an attack on TOP would likewise be disrespect to IRON's potatoes.

The disrespect of potatoes you are encouraging could have damaging and wide reaching consequences to the farmer's market as a whole. To allow that to happen is unthinkable

[quote name='cctmsp13' timestamp='1322637970' post='2856739']
To those who are wondering about the RIA's recent actions. Please remember the following.

The RIA is honor-bound to respect IRON's Potatoes (in return for their respect of our RIA squash). As TOP and IRON are treaty partners, IRON has inevitably shared its potatoes with TOP. Therefore an attack on TOP would likewise be disrespect to IRON's potatoes.

The disrespect of potatoes you are encouraging could have damaging and wide reaching consequences to the farmer's market as a whole. To allow that to happen is unthinkable
[/quote]
Basically PIAT obligations are held in higher regard than MDP ones for RIA.
Gotcha.

[quote name='BDRocks' timestamp='1322638096' post='2856741']
Gotcha.
[/quote]

Nonsense, we intend to honor all our treaties and commitments. Those who doubt us should look at our involvement in the last war.

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1322634529' post='2856663']
Dude, your ally just got attacked. Making target lists? Didn't think so, now go back to your corner and shush.
[/quote]

Our treaty partner, unlike RIA's, was not attacked directly, they were attacked as a result of their entry into the war. Our treaty with STA has provisions which very clearly outlines our obligations in such a situation.

I'm not going to sit here and talk about TPF's decision to or not defend STA without an obligation to, we made our feelings clear to STA prior to the beginning of the war, and we have told them that we would provide as much assistance as we could during and following the war in a variety of ways. I will sit here and tell you that TPF honors our obligations. RIA's been saying rather frequently lately that they do as well, even if it means they've got to be on both sides of a war.

Being on two sides of a war doesn't mean much when you really don't have your heart in one of them and get to win in the bigger picture. I don't care what RIA has done in the past, for if they do not own up to their obligations in the present, then for the present, they are nothing but liars and cowards. Should they expect history to show otherwise, they need to prove it, not just tell us about it.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1322636860' post='2856724']
Resorting to call-outs Ardus?
[/quote]
I doubt he is upset, I think he is trying to escalate this war even further to suit some other purpose.

[quote]Woah. So hostile [/quote]

Yeah seriously csm, why you fuming? Doesn't your ODP with IRON mean you could have some RIA fun?

[quote name='BDRocks' timestamp='1322638096' post='2856741']
Gotcha.
[/quote]
you'd risk the potatoes being disrespected? you're a mad man, what type of precedent would that set for the rest of the vegetables?

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1322638707' post='2856749']
It's all good. If RIA annoys people too much I am sure that annoyance will be reflected in the severity of RIA's eventual peace terms.

/me contentedly chews on an apple
[/quote]
so by not letting others attack us, when they have the option and free will to do so(as shown by the original war TOP/IRON hitting Polaris out of the blue, we would be punished?

Maybe they're not declaring because that's exactly what you want them to do.
[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1322638429' post='2856745']
I doubt he is upset, I think he is trying to escalate this war even further to suit some other purpose. [/quote]
This, basically. Ardus hasn't made much of a secret of wanting to roll SF for some time now.

[quote name='Cornelius' timestamp='1322639954' post='2856763']
Maybe they're not declaring because that's exactly what you want them to do.

This, basically. Ardus hasn't made much of a secret of wanting to roll SF for some time now.
[/quote]
I think I'll start a pool on the day when they get tired of waiting and the preempt comes. Dibs on dec 5th if there are any takers out there. :awesome:

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1322635986' post='2856698']
I think you missed the posts that say TPF has no treaty obligation, STA chained in which makes the treaty optional, as oppose to NpO who where attacked and not chained in.
[/quote]

Yawn, in that case seeing SF and XX are both non chaining.. guess R&R will be sitting back with a drink watching the world blow up around us :)

You don't wanna fight on Polars side, fair enough. You use your non chaining clause like many people do to wimp out, no problem. But don't even try to pretend you're better then RIA. RIA can't attack IRON and putting them on TOP makes very little sense especially since you just shown the way for no one going in with RIA, because well we all have non chaining treaties with them.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1322638429' post='2856745']
I doubt he is upset, I think he is trying to escalate this war even further to suit some other purpose.

Yeah seriously csm, why you fuming? Doesn't your ODP with IRON mean you could have some RIA fun?
[/quote]

CSM? The Coalition of Sovereign Mexicans does not hold an ODP with IRON if you are wondering.

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1322640279' post='2856769']
CSM? The Coalition of Sovereign Mexicans does not hold an ODP with IRON if you are wondering.
[/quote]

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1322640396' post='2856771']
The who in the what? csm= chief savage man in case you were unaware....
[/quote]

:lol1: this wins the topic :P

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1322639242' post='2856757']
so by not letting others attack us, when they have the option and free will to do so(as shown by the original war TOP/IRON hitting Polaris out of the blue, we would be punished?
[/quote]

Given the way things work around here, I'm thinking yes.

Either man up and attack in some way, or disband your little coalition channel and let Polar take their beating (mostly) alone like the naughty little grublings they are. Anything else is quite honestly outside the bounds of decency.

However, as far as I an concerned, the fact that Superfriends is running a coalition channel for the defense of Polar consists of rendering aid and support to the Polar enemy, and constitutes a valid casus belli on the whole of Superfriends along with other involved parties. While I doubt that the current crop of coalition leadership will see things that way, it is nonetheless a robust and highly defensible opinion.

Put up or shut up.

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1322640203' post='2856767']
You don't wanna fight on Polars side, fair enough. You use your non chaining clause like many people do to wimp out, no problem. But don't even try to pretend you're better then RIA. RIA can't attack IRON and putting them on TOP makes very little sense especially since you just shown the way for no one going in with RIA, because well we all have non chaining treaties with them.
[/quote]

Me? You are aware I'm not in TPF right? :unsure:

RIA signed a treaty a few days before the war, what's the point signing an MDP that you don't plan to honour? It seems silly, most people knew war was coming right? What reason did they sign the treaty for? If they really wanted one with NpO, what harm would an ODP have done?

I don't really care why they aren't coming in or if they do, it's just a little curious as to the timing of it.

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1322640203' post='2856767']
Yawn, in that case seeing SF and XX are both non chaining.. guess R&R will be sitting back with a drink watching the world blow up around us :)

[/quote]

Its funny to watch you attempt to e-lawyer RIA out of a [b]treaty obligation.[/b]

P.S. I don't need to pretend that I am a college student, or that I am a man, for those are things that I actually am.
likewise, we don't need to pretend that we are better then RIA.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1322641072' post='2856780']
Its funny to watch you attempt to e-lawyer RIA out of a [b]treaty obligation.[/b]

P.S. I don't need to pretend that I am a college student, or that I am a man, for those are things that I actually am.
likewise, we don't need to pretend that we are better then RIA.
[/quote]

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96987"]And the same goes for your MDoAP too.[/url]

Edited by Rotavele