Polaris Delenda Est

Salmia

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1322291460' post='2852051']
Hmm, let's go over this one final time. It was predicted (successfully, as it turns out) by those of us in high milcomm (Polar included) for that coalition that the enemy's plan was to draw TOP and IRON in on the Superfriends--via a disproportionate number of declarations upon GOD--and then drop CnG on top of us. As such, it was decided that spoiling the enemy's plans rather than playing directly into them gave the better chance for our coalition-at-large to win the war. This was a plan agreed to, and endorsed, by Polar. STA neither agreed nor disagreed with the plan, for the record; pezstar said that, if asked about the matter, she'd pretend to never have heard about it. After the plans were finalized, Grub and pezstar leaked them to CnG almost immediately. Grub then took steps to deliberately leave TOP and Duckroll in the cold once those two entities had declared war on CnG, and some weeks later declared war on TOP.

That explanation is for the benefit of those unfamiliar with the situation. Tyga already knows what happened. He's currently playing dumb in an effort to bolster a claim that nobody anywhere is going to be dumb enough to buy.
[/quote]

Pez said no to supporting the attack on MK and you know it. Last time this got re-hashed we were not accused of what you now claim but were accused of not going further than "no"by stating "4 little words" which were, apparently, "we will defend MK", even though it was clear to anyone we were obliged to do so via our treaty with MK.

If you are going to make excuses for your ineptitude at least try to keep the message consistent. The fact is you later decided to ask Grub for STA's position on the attack and he told you we were fine with it. We weren't and never were and it was your error in going to another alliance instead of ours to get our position on your plans.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1322291460' post='2852051']
Hmm, let's go over this one final time. It was predicted (successfully, as it turns out) by those of us in high milcomm (Polar included) for that coalition that the enemy's plan was to draw TOP and IRON in on the Superfriends--via a disproportionate number of declarations upon GOD--and then drop CnG on top of us. As such, it was decided that spoiling the enemy's plans rather than playing directly into them gave the better chance for our coalition-at-large to win the war. This was a plan agreed to, and endorsed, by Polar. STA neither agreed nor disagreed with the plan, for the record; pezstar said that, if asked about the matter, she'd pretend to never have heard about it. After the plans were finalized, Grub and pezstar leaked them to CnG almost immediately. Grub then took steps to deliberately leave TOP and Duckroll in the cold once those two entities had declared war on CnG, and some weeks later declared war on TOP.

That explanation is for the benefit of those unfamiliar with the situation. Tyga already knows what happened. He's currently playing dumb in an effort to bolster a claim that nobody anywhere is going to be dumb enough to buy.
[/quote]
Always wanted to ask a someone from TOP this question. How could you ally an alliance that was instrumental in forcing you to pay 270k tech or whatever it was. You guys don't like Polar fine, how come you don't have the same hate for those who imposed those reps on you?

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1322291899' post='2852080']
Pez said no to supporting the attack on MK and you know it. Last time this got re-hashed we were not accused of what you now claim but were accused of not going further than "no"by stating "4 little words" which were, apparently, "we will defend MK", even though it was clear to anyone we were obliged to do so via our treaty with MK.

If you are going to make excuses for your ineptitude at least try to keep the message consistent. The fact is you later decided to ask Grub for STA's position on the attack and he told you we were fine with it. We weren't and never were and it was your error in going to another alliance instead of ours to get our position on your plans.
[/quote]

Keep telling yourself that.

[quote name='conistonslim' timestamp='1322292125' post='2852089']
Always wanted to ask a someone from TOP this question. How could you ally an alliance that was instrumental in forcing you to pay 270k tech or whatever it was. You guys don't like Polar fine, how come you don't have the same hate for those who imposed those reps on you?
[/quote]

Perhaps this will help you understand the difference....

tr.v. be·trayed, be·tray·ing, be·trays
1. a. To give aid or information to an enemy of; commit treason against: betray one's country.
b. To deliver into the hands of an enemy in violation of a trust or allegiance: betrayed Christ to the Romans.
2. To be false or disloyal to: betrayed their cause; betray one's better nature.
3. To divulge in a breach of confidence: betray a secret.

Edited by masterbake

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' timestamp='1322290468' post='2851985']
Glad to see this.

Mia does this mean we're fighting on the same side now? [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif[/img]
[/quote]

What do you think it means? Of course it does!

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1322291545' post='2852063']
As I said, no one will move on. When vengeance is predicated an the postling of one individual it is the gift that keeps on giving, I suppose.
[/quote]

If that individual never learns when to shut up, then yes, it will continue feeding hate and animosity.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1322291053' post='2852017']
Finally this can be done with and we can move on.
[/quote]
Depends on how much TOP and IRON want to show their asses, really. Start rolling out the reps and crap and it starts all over again.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1322291176' post='2852025']
As if anyone will move on.
[/quote]
Yep.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1322291266' post='2852028']
If Polar manages to shut up AG, you'd be surprised. If NPO can do build a new image, so can NpO.
[/quote]
NPO didn't build a new image, they got t-boned with not a word of support from the world 6 months ago and the only thing that has changed since then is NPO's willingness to treaty the same people that rolled them, and those people's willingness to take on NPO as a treaty partner to add to their collective NS.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1322292715' post='2852104']
If that individual never learns when to shut up, then yes, it will continue feeding hate and animosity.
[/quote]

So, you agree with me that no one will move on. Grub is who he is and that isn't going to change. The NpO has changed Emperor twice since his reign and yet he is still used as a reason to despise and attack the NpO. He does not represent the NpO and hasn't for some time.

I understand why TOP and IRON are annoyed with him over what happened in Bi-Polar. I know I was annoyed by his antics at that time also. But to say that even after this war his words will be used as an excuse roll NpO again is not moving on, it is repeating the same thing over and over.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1322293046' post='2852113']
So, you agree with me that no one will move on. Grub is who he is and that isn't going to change. The NpO has changed Emperor twice since his reign and yet he is still used as a reason to despise and attack the NpO. He does not represent the NpO and hasn't for some time.

I understand why TOP and IRON are annoyed with him over what happened in Bi-Polar. I know I was annoyed by his antics at that time also. But to say that even after this war his words will be used as an excuse roll NpO again is not moving on, it is repeating the same thing over and over.
[/quote]

I said he will be a person who continues to feed hate and animosity towards TOP, that's something that can be universally agreed upon by everyone. This is the war of revenge, after this TOP and IRON can get it out of their system and if AG continues to be how he is I doubt anyone will give it credence enough to attack the alliance.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1322293307' post='2852120']
I said he will be a person who continues to feed hate and animosity towards TOP, that's something that can be universally agreed upon by everyone. This is the war of revenge, after this TOP and IRON can get it out of their system and if AG continues to be how he is I doubt anyone will give it credence enough to attack the alliance.
[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification as your initial comments seemed to suggest that unless Grub shuts up then NpO will keep getting rolled. I won't hold my breath on everyone moving on though.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1322283784' post='2851635']
Dude, shut up already. Your comments only contribute to peoples hatred of your alliance. Not exactly something a foreign minister should be doing. At least, not any [b]competent[/b] foreign minister.
[/quote]
Oh yeah this line of attack is really going to work :lol1:

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1322289230' post='2851942']
So, you have no answer to the question and instead attack the person who asks it. Well played.
[/quote]
As we have seen time and time again.

[quote name='Salmia' timestamp='1322282735' post='2851459']
[b]Betrayal is not a concept new to us[/b], this wasn't the first and it is unlikely to be the last we will witness. However, this offense went beyond anything we have experienced before. It shook us to the core and left us to suffer months of devastation, hardships and humiliation.

[/quote]

Am I the only one who find this line so true but also ironic at the same time?
Didn't you betray New Pacific Order in Karma War?

Im really proud of us. Weve come a long way.

This makes up for a lot that happened in the past. I came back to Bob a few months back hoping to see this day.

o/IRON
o/ My good friends in TOP

Edited by delgursh

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1322296423' post='2852167']
[/quote]

shhhh, it only counts when they are being betrayed. Other wise 95% of the alliances on bob would never be able to claim to have been betrayed.

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1322296423' post='2852167']
[/quote]
Wtf you talking about brah?

We fought several months of war for them, we also paid several thousands of cash & tech in reps as a result.

In my honest opinion, I have my dislikes for certain alliances of which are very, very few -- but one thing I just can't get behind is attacking an alliance over behavior two years former. But, where have I seen this before? Earlier this year....

It is saying a lot when wars have to be started for nothing truly recent at all, a lot indeed. Polaris has their hiccups just like others, just some hiccups stink to hell. I guess this is just the 'evolution' of politics these days.

[quote name='Samus' timestamp='1322297828' post='2852186']
Wtf you talking about brah?

We fought several months of war for them, we also paid several thousands of cash & tech in reps as a result.
[/quote]
Edit- (found the coward's coalition url.)

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=54884"]This to start with[/url] and how about the [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Coalition_of_Cowards"]coward's coalition[/url]?

Edited by Muddog

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1322297847' post='2852187']
In my honest opinion, I have my dislikes for certain alliances of which are very, very few -- but one thing I just can't get behind is attacking an alliance over behavior two years former. But, where have I seen this before? Earlier this year....

It is saying a lot when wars have to be started for nothing truly recent at all, a lot indeed. Polaris has their hiccups just like others, just some hiccups stink to hell. I guess this is just the 'evolution' of politics these days.
[/quote]

I personally would rather see attacks based on actual grudges (like this and SOS, which was probably the one you were referring to) than some cooked-up CB around spying or a CB due to a bodged techraid.

And that's just the peanut gallery who cries foul, doesn't matter what the CB is and how strong it is. Whining will take place in either and all cases.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1322297927' post='2852188']
The same thing they did to TOP, TORN, TSO, DAWN and FEAR.

IRON, it's a pleasure to fight beside you once more. o/
[/quote]
So IRON declared over a two year old grudge and not something that actually happened in the last month or so? Really? I have to say I expected better from IRON. I'm still angry at Polar for switching sides midstream but come on, that was two years ago. I have to say that I agree with Polar here if this is why you're attacking. At some point, you just have to grow up and let things go.

Duckroll are some of my favorite alliances, but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed here. I'd never pictured them pulling a Xiph or an Athens. And before you attack me, I know you all don't agree with me so let's just agree to disagree and skip the mutual trolling. It's better for our blood pressures.

Edited by Duncan King