Announcement from the Legion concerning Tetris

[quote name='Banedon' timestamp='1318015728' post='2819971']
I'm assuming it was a case of they really wanted to join in the fun and our gov had to sit on them to call them back. But I'm just guessing since I'm an ambassador, not the Grand Poobah. And I'm sure we could spin it around and ask what NSO and RoK were cooking up? We had a RoK nation declare on us, however it was just one as far as I know.
[/quote]

We were planning to use our treaty if your 'friends' figured out how to use theirs. :rolleyes:

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1318015548' post='2819967']
There are a lot of [b]unanswered questions[/b] regarding this war I'd love to have the answer to when it's over. That's one.
[/quote]

Legion is rightfully invoking a cb that a few polaris leaders pioneered, I don't see any reason to sit this one out. So polar what will it be- will we see back up or a back stab? B-)

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1318009497' post='2819852']
All this silliness about Legion's allies staying out because "Oh, we don't need them we're just dandy here" would be a lot more believable if we didn't already know that those allies only called off their attacks at the last minute [b]due to the counters that would have resulted. [/b]

Legion now wants to puff up their chest and act all big and tough in order to hide the fact that they're afraid to escalate the war that they started.
[/quote]

While you have attempted to remain factual (aside from the rest of your alliance in their wild claims), you are either misinformed or following the rest of your alliance's embellish-now back-pedal-later code here.

Yes, they changed their minds "last minute" but it was not due to the counter declarations. Did we oust all your spies or do you just not read their reports anymore?

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1318010217' post='2819871']
The fact is they were going to escalate it, and they intended to do so from very early on. Invicta and Europa were going to counter us. We all know this, we all knew it then, and we all know that it was only called off in the last few hours. Nothing significant or unexpected had happened in the war itself, so the only reasonable conclusion is they looked at how things would spiral upward and didn't like what they saw.
[/quote]

You don't think we checked how it would "spiral" before making target lists?

<Insert yeah, you guys are incompetent joke here>

How did we magically get competent a few hours before said attack was to happen? You've obviously made mistakes about the Legion's ability up to this point, do not propagate the same error.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1318015224' post='2819959']
Also what I was wondering if you, Legion, asked all your allies to stay out why did Invicta and Europa tend to go in?
[/quote]
I think you mean intend, and you mean Europa, not Invicta. Invicta's target lists we're also spied were they? No, because they didn't make them. They did not intend to go in.

As for Europa, I assume it was for the same reason RoK intended to go in. They thought it was the beginning of something much larger, or maybe they actually fell into the hype NSO set for themselves and then spy reports came in and we saw their real warchests...

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1318020092' post='2820042']
I think you mean intend, and you mean Europa, not Invicta. Invicta's target lists we're also spied were they? No, because they didn't make them. They did not intend to go in.

As for Europa, I assume it was for the same reason RoK intended to go in. They thought it was the beginning of something much larger, or maybe they actually fell into the hype NSO set for themselves and then spy reports came in and we saw their real warchests...
[/quote]

You should stop replying if you know nothing about it. Let Legion Gov answer it instead. Europa didn't had a way in, the plan was to use the oA with Invicta to go in. So Invicta enact their MDoAP and Europa bandwagon in on it.

Can we stop pretending that constantly re-asking a question that has been answered has any more meaning the twelfth, thirteenth, et al time? :huh:

I get that some people are dreadfully upset that the Legion are not inclined to force their allies into an ill-advised war venture and potentially increase the odds against the Legion as well because they won't be able to get involved, but really? 32 pages of asking why a mutual agreement between two alliances is worth less than some random want-to-war floozie's opinion? Or the hilarious concept of that in a completely similar situation (see, macro,) your alliance would do something dissimilar or that it would be relevant to what another alliance wants to do is just as bad.

My question is when this conflict is going to end. Usually states war when they have a purpose. If the purpose was to show the world that the Legion will attack when you're a bug on the windshield and pop your mouth off, mission accomplished.

Beyond dumb.

While you have attempted to remain factual (aside from the rest of your alliance in their wild claims), you are either misinformed or following the rest of your alliance's embellish-now back-pedal-later code here.

Yes, they changed their minds "last minute" but it was not due to the counter declarations. Did we oust all your spies or do you just not read their reports anymore? [/quote]
Good sir, we embellish now and later. We are consistent in our commitment and also the assertion of excellence in all that we do.

[quote]You don't think we checked how it would "spiral" before making target lists?

<Insert yeah, you guys are incompetent joke here>

How did we magically get competent a few hours before said attack was to happen? You've obviously made mistakes about the Legion's ability up to this point, do not propagate the same error.
[/quote]
I haven't made any mistakes about Legion's abilities. Enough of your nations can launch nukes to keep you from completely failing in the first round of war, congratulations. As for preparation, since Legion apparently failed to communicate its own intent to declare war to its nations prior to declaring war, despite having ample time to do so (since you chose to start this fight, after all), it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that you also didn't give much thought towards the consequences.

[quote name='Banedon' timestamp='1318015728' post='2819971']
(snip)
We had a RoK nation declare on us, however it was just one as far as I know.
[/quote]
Yes, and he was... corrected.

You cannot say he "jumped the gun"... he was the only runner at the time.

edit: I will admit that I am eager to exercise that shiny new treaty that RoK and The Sith have. ;)

Edited by Valtamdraugr

I dont mean to be rude but maybe they should have done some spying on war guides...

8 nations in Tetris top 10 are in war mode.
2 are probably inactive (defcon 5 with little troops)
2 are defcon 1 and buying troops
1 is defcon 2 and buying troops
2 are decon 1 and not buying troops
1 is defcon 5... and buying troops (their #1 nation)

I am the man who arranges the blocks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8

Oh yah dont go complaining about me in peace been done there done that

As for Europa, I assume it was for the same reason RoK intended to go in. [/quote]

Erm, actually, Invicta also had target lists made up there, buddy. I give you a C for effort, though.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1318021857' post='2820077']
You should stop replying if you know nothing about it. Let Legion Gov answer it instead. Europa didn't had a way in, the plan was to use the oA with Invicta to go in. So Invicta enact their MDoAP and Europa bandwagon in on it.
[/quote]

This man is brilliant. He pays attention to facts. kriekfreak for president of CN. We were going to use our oA to get some fun, yes. Before you all start crying bloody murder, look at the war henceforth, sit on those thoughts for a bit, and then come back and attempt to make an intelligent post. I know it's possible, kriekfreak just did it.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1318050057' post='2820518']
Erm, actually, Invicta also had target lists made up there, buddy. I give you a C for effort, though.

This man is brilliant. He pays attention to facts. kriekfreak for president of CN. We were going to use our oA to get some fun, yes. Before you all start crying bloody murder, look at the war henceforth, sit on those thoughts for a bit, and then come back and attempt to make an intelligent post. I know it's possible, kriekfreak just did it.
[/quote]

Sounds good. Now convince Invicta to activate the treaty. (And before we go into the technical details of Legion needing to request help, $%&@ it. Either convince Legion to ask for help, or have Invicta go in without the help being requested. Either way).

[quote name='MisterShadow' timestamp='1318047748' post='2820449']
I dont mean to be rude but maybe they should have done some spying on war guides...

8 nations in Tetris top 10 are in war mode.
2 are probably inactive (defcon 5 with little troops)
2 are defcon 1 and buying troops
1 is defcon 2 and buying troops
2 are decon 1 and not buying troops
1 is defcon 5... and buying troops (their #1 nation)

I am the man who arranges the blocks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8

Oh yah dont go complaining about me in peace been done there done that
[/quote]

10/10 post, please make more!

[quote name='porksaber' timestamp='1318012808' post='2819915']
WELL I NEVER!

i support the oMoDoAoPo? as well as said roguery against the porksaber.

LIGHT THE DAWN TORCH! WE ROLL WITH THE SUN!
[/quote]

When The Day(tm) comes, I will hurt you so good.

(Also dammit how dare you openly reference things we debated in a public IRC channel? That stuff was private! A curse on your dawn torch for the next several minutes!)

Please go to war with some random people of inadequate freeboards so that I can volunteer my services again. This box remains seaworthy for the cause.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1318022580' post='2820096']
My question is when this conflict is going to end.
[/quote]

The conflict will end when the various involved Alliances agree to peace I guess? How difficult is that to understand?

[quote name='Louisa' timestamp='1318052707' post='2820566']
The conflict will end when the various involved Alliances agree to peace I guess? How difficult is that to understand?
[/quote]
They just want it over so they can take their state of alert down and return to complacency.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1317999863' post='2819693']
Just because they've not made announcements doesn't mean that they wouldn't support us [b]if we needed it.[/b] Also, a rogue isn't alliance-wide warfare.
[/quote]
Legion is of the opinion that they don't need it. You can argue about this forever but the reality is that they're the ones calling the shots.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1318010217' post='2819871']
The fact is they were going to escalate it, and they intended to do so from very early on.
[/quote]
In the beginning, they intended to ... hit Tetris. This is what they wanted to do, and is what they're still doing.

Have you looked at your ally's graph lately?

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1318053150' post='2820575']
In the beginning, they intended to ... hit Tetris. This is what they wanted to do, and is what they're still doing.

Have you looked at your ally's graph lately?
[/quote]
Yes, their descent appears to be slowing.

Have you looked at Legion's graph lately? The same can't be said for your ally.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1318056051' post='2820606']
If you do not intend to attempt to win this war, why did you start it?
[/quote]

Bringing in their allies would probably make winning the war harder if it ends up bringing in MJ/CnG + friends on the other side.

Edited by Letum

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1318056514' post='2820613']
Bringing in their allies would probably make winning the war harder if it ends up bringing in MJ/CnG + friends on the other side.
[/quote]
OK, so why did they declare the war in the first place if they can't win it? To garner some public support by making a break from their past in a fashion that implies it was NPO's fault that they were the doormat of CN for years? I'm not sure why you'd support that.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1318056923' post='2820619']
OK, so why did they declare the war in the first place if they can't win it? To garner some public support by making a break from their past in a fashion that implies it was NPO's fault that they were the doormat of CN for years? I'm not sure why you'd support that.
[/quote]
How are we not winning? We declared war on Tetris they are the ones that technically wronged us.

Original Tetris NS: 1060161
Current Tetris NS: 768286

Current NS vs Original 72%
Raw lost: 291875

Original Legion NS: 6286416
Current Legion NS: 5848573

Current NS vs Original 93%
Raw lost: 437843

Relatively they have more damage done to them, plus you know who is going to be giving Tetris rebuilding aid, NSO, but they are fighting already... Who is going to give Legion aid.... oh yah the allies

[quote name='MisterShadow' timestamp='1318057651' post='2820623']
How are we not winning? We declared war on Tetris they are the ones that technically wronged us.

Original Tetris NS: 1060161
Current Tetris NS: 768286

Current NS vs Original 72%
Raw lost: 291875

Original Legion NS: 6286416
Current Legion NS: 5848573

Current NS vs Original 93%
Raw lost: 437843

Relatively they have more damage done to them, plus you know who is going to be giving Tetris rebuilding aid, NSO, but they are fighting already... Who is going to give Legion aid.... oh yah the allies
[/quote]Are you seriously comparing your damage to Tetris's to claim that you are winning?

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1318056923' post='2820619']
[/quote]

Sooo, first they are cowards for not doing anything. Now they're just looking for "public support" when they go to fight a war where there is no guaranteed win. Incredible.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1318057758' post='2820625']
Are you seriously comparing your damage to Tetris's to claim that you are winning?
[/quote]
Going off [url="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvhBDJVbPEMSdDJIY1E0U1lwZ2s5NVlXU1pjQ0JBc0E&hl=en_US&ndplr=1#gid=0"]this[/url], Legion is still winning.

Edited by Gibsonator21

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1318057990' post='2820627']
Sooo, first they are cowards for not doing anything. Now they're just looking for "public support" when they go to fight a war where there is no guaranteed win. Incredible.

Going off [url="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvhBDJVbPEMSdDJIY1E0U1lwZ2s5NVlXU1pjQ0JBc0E&hl=en_US&ndplr=1#gid=0"]this[/url], Legion is still winning.
[/quote]
When did I say they were cowards for not doing anything?