Announcement from the Legion concerning Tetris

[quote name='Griff' timestamp='1318087569' post='2820835']
So, how's that scars and commitment thing going? 1/2 Ain't bad I suppose.
[/quote]
The scars look great ( the girls love them )

As for the commitment I and all of Polaris are committed as any one can be

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't get the point of all this arguing over "who's right and who's wrong". Tetris posts a screen shot of a post on the Legion forums of dubious intelligence value, Legion claims that Tetris spied on them, they attack and tell their allies to stay out of it. Tetris feels like they've been wronged and asks her allies to come to her aid. Why is every body so mad? It doesn't seem like any body did any thing out of line of what the community would call "proper conduct". And what shame is there for 3 or 4 small alliances to go up against 1 large alliance? Even combined the first 3 (NSO, NsO and Tetris) had a huge disadvantage in terms of numbers and stats, yet people already by then were crying "Well if Legion sucks so much why do you need 3 alliances to take them on?" Can't we have a good war on Bob where every body isn't whining all the time?

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1318091937' post='2820876']
Legion's traditionally running-at-the-mouth posters against NSO's traditionally headstrong ones
[/quote]

It would be nice to see you show some more support for alliances that were allied to you for so long. So much for friendship and loyalty.

[quote name='lordliam' timestamp='1318126968' post='2821248']
I honestly don't get the point of all this arguing over "who's right and who's wrong". [b]Tetris posts a screen shot of a post on the Legion forums of dubious intelligence value[/b], Legion claims that Tetris spied on them, they attack and tell their allies to stay out of it. Tetris feels like they've been wronged and asks her allies to come to her aid. Why is every body so mad? [b]It doesn't seem like any body did any thing out of line of what the community would call "proper conduct"[/b]. And what shame is there for 3 or 4 small alliances to go up against 1 large alliance? Even combined the first 3 (NSO, NsO and Tetris) had a huge disadvantage in terms of numbers and stats, yet people already by then were crying "Well if Legion sucks so much why do you need 3 alliances to take them on?" Can't we have a good war on Bob where every body isn't whining all the time?
[/quote]

you kind of contradict yourself here...spying is bad no matter the circumstances, why Legion didnt war against NSO might have been because their treaty partners told them to back down

if an alliance like TOP/NG/NoR was spied on i'm pretty they'd be quick to declare, even if what was posted on the OWF wasnt of much importance you have 1- the symbolism behind it and 2- the fact that even though something that wasnt very interesting was posted, you dont know whether or not real and important things were leaked

Edited by Lurunin

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1318129383' post='2821272']
you kind of contradict yourself here...spying is bad no matter the circumstances, why Legion didnt war against NSO might have been because their treaty partners told them to back down

if an alliance like TOP/NG/NoR was spied on i'm pretty they'd be quick to declare, even if what was posted on the OWF wasnt of much importance you have 1- the symbolism behind it and 2- the fact that even though something that wasnt very interesting was posted, you dont know whether or not real and important things were leaked
[/quote]
That's all well and good, but Legion's declaration was not about the actual spying, but only about the reposting of stuff from CNtel. So, you know, there's that.

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1318129383' post='2821272']

[/quote]
Yes, what Tetris did in the beginning was questionable, I'm not arguing that. What I was getting at was that Legion's response to the initial issue as well as Tetris' response to the Declaration of War were all right and good.

Edit: Added a comma.

Edited by lordliam

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1318129723' post='2821275']
That's all well and good, but Legion's declaration was not about the actual spying, but only about the reposting of stuff from CNtel. So, you know, there's that.
[/quote]
There is the tiny problem of it not being on CNtel, or at least to my knowledge.

Legion's CB is pretty solid. Now I'd defend my allies even with a solid CB against them if I was the one making the decision so I can't fault NSO, NsO, etc. The only ones looking bad right now are Legion's allies.

Legion declared that any attacks against them would be aggressive in nature so all of Legion's MDP partners should be defending Legion. I know their allies will claim that Legion asked them to stay out, but it still makes all of Legion's allies look like fair weather friends and I wouldn't want to be allied to any of them. Don't sign an MDP if you treaty it like an oDP in a losing situation. If Legion's allies weren't going to defend Legion then they should've dropped their treaty or downgraded it just prior to the war. I'm not a huge Polar hater like some are, but the fact still remains NpO is now 0/2 in a weeks span. I think that's a CN record for not honoring treaties. Someone else said that, "NpO's allies are there for her and not the other way around."

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1318139729' post='2821356']
Legion's CB is pretty solid. Now I'd defend my allies even with a solid CB against them if I was the one making the decision so I can't fault NSO, NsO, etc. The only ones looking bad right now are Legion's allies.

Legion declared that any attacks against them would be aggressive in nature so all of Legion's MDP partners should be defending Legion. I know their allies will claim that Legion asked them to stay out, but it still makes all of Legion's allies look like fair weather friends and I wouldn't want to be allied to any of them. Don't sign an MDP if you treaty it like an oDP in a losing situation. If Legion's allies weren't going to defend Legion then they should've dropped their treaty or downgraded it just prior to the war. I'm not a huge Polar hater like some are, but the fact still remains NpO is now 0/2 in a weeks span. I think that's a CN record for not honoring treaties. Someone else said that, "NpO's allies are there for her and not the other way around."
[/quote]

I think you might be on to something.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1318139729' post='2821356']

[/quote]

Legion is aggressor, not the defender. If any treaties' of legion get activated it is on the oA side of it.

[quote name='Alexander Kerensky' timestamp='1317682807' post='2814839']As this was an aggressive action willfully perpetrated with the support of the government of Tetris, [b]All alliances that enter in defense of their action will be treated as aggressors and dealt with as such.[/b][/quote]
[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1318142391' post='2821367']
Legion is aggressor, not the defender. If any treaties' of legion get activated it is on the oA side of it.
[/quote]

Not according to the OP -- but that discussion has been discussed out in several places already ......

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1318147538' post='2821392']
in the end if an AA wants to enter im sure they will find a way to do it that will drive the e-lawyers insane
[/quote]

If anyone wants in for their own ends and desires, they can always come chat with us about the Moldavi :smug:

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1318128091' post='2821264']
It would be nice to see you show some more support for alliances that [b]were[/b] allied to you for so long. So much for friendship and loyalty.
[/quote]

The key word here is "were". As in, "in the past". That makes anyone from NPO under no obligation to be nice to them. That said, Letum has always been a bit of a free thinker and he's been running his mouth against allies, non-allies, former allies, future allies and people who have never been allied to him since... well, since I can remember.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1318160073' post='2821414']
The key word here is "were". As in, "in the past". That makes anyone from NPO under no obligation to be nice to them. That said, Letum has always been a bit of a free thinker and he's been running his mouth against allies, non-allies, former allies, future allies and people who have never been allied to him since... well, since I can remember.
[/quote]

Obligation, no. A sense of decency though, perhaps.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1318160971' post='2821422']
What decency? He doesn't have to like Legion or NSO. Not now, not then.
[/quote]

NPO has not changed its view on alliances like Legion. It's just more publicly critical of them because they serve no purpose to them anymore. It looked down on Legion even when they were still allied, which is why I'm annoyed. There's supposed to be some sort of relationship between allies and it should outlive a treaty, but clearly it was just put on when Legion was still needed.

Christ people are such dicks in CN. Instead of looking for reasons to be nice, people take every opportunity to make a ~cutting and witty comment~ or score points with people they are trying to suck up to, even when said alliance is a former longterm ally. Legion may not be the best alliance but they don't deserve the continual crap they get on these boards and I'm fully supportive of their attempt to defend their honour.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1318162430' post='2821431']
NPO has not changed its view on alliances like Legion. It's just more publicly critical of them because they serve no purpose to them anymore. It looked down on Legion even when they were still allied, which is why I'm annoyed. There's supposed to be some sort of relationship between allies and it should outlive a treaty, but clearly it was just put on when Legion was still needed.

Christ people are such dicks in CN. Instead of looking for reasons to be nice, people take every opportunity to make a ~cutting and witty comment~ or score points with people they are trying to suck up to, even when said alliance is a former longterm ally. Legion may not be the best alliance but they don't deserve the continual crap they get on these boards and I'm fully supportive of their attempt to defend their honour.
[/quote]

And where would this 'world' (aka 'game') be with no villains? No hatred? No asshats? It'd be a drab, boring world interesting only to those who enjoy nation building like the neutrals -- but then, what's the point of the game? To be the biggest? Whoop! Please? Can we?

Let the hate flow through you, cast the chains bound to you by moralism and societies forced ideas of what is right and what is wrong. Think for yourself.

[size="1"]heh - casing edit[/size]

Edited by Rayvon

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1318132801' post='2821294']
I was told that's where the info came from.
[/quote]
Tetris themselves denied this:
[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1317708585' post='2815860']
To be fair to the subject of the war, CNtel has literally nothing to do with it.
[/quote]

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1318146899' post='2821384']
Not according to the OP -- but that discussion has been discussed out in several places already ......
[/quote]

Oddly enough, that is one thing that can not be discussed. It is what it is.

Doesn't matter what Legion *thinks* it is or anyone who likes Legion *thinks* what it is.

Legion went to war first, their reasoning doesn't matter.

Let legion activate any damned part of any treaty they hold.

They will get the utter !@#$ beat out of them and this war will ramp up into something that matters on a global front. Currently it's a pissing contest of a joke between micros and a shell of a former alliance.

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1318170472' post='2821473']
Oddly enough, that is one thing that can not be discussed. It is what it is.

Doesn't matter what Legion *thinks* it is or anyone who likes Legion *thinks* what it is.

Legion went to war first, their reasoning doesn't matter.

Let legion activate any damned part of any treaty they hold.

They will get the utter !@#$ beat out of them and this war will ramp up into something that matters on a global front. Currently it's a pissing contest of a joke between micros and a shell of a former alliance.
[/quote]

I fully agree up till the 11th word of the last paragraph .. Then you start to lose me .. :lol1: