Announcement from the Legion concerning Tetris

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317998790' post='2819686']
I mean when you don't need your allies because you're kicking so much ass it doesn't really matter, does it?
[/quote]

It does though, it means they're not honouring their treaty for tactical purposes. As far as I am aware none of them have a "tactical considerations" (or, in common terminology, "optional") clause. It also matters for the purpose of the comeback; calling someone a coward from that position is laughable.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1317999354' post='2819688']
It does though, it means they're not honouring their treaty for tactical purposes. As far as I am aware none of them have a "tactical considerations" (or, in common terminology, "optional") clause. It also matters for the purpose of the comeback; calling someone a coward from that position is laughable.
[/quote]

You're right. When [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=472494]Monarch Order[/url] declared war on you, it's good that ODN/TLR/int/IAA/LoSS/whoever else declared war on them too.

Their treaties don't have an optional clause.

EDIT: When I say you, I mean GATO.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317999726' post='2819691']
You're right. When [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=472494]Monarch Order[/url] declared war on you, it's good that ODN/TLR/int/IAA/LoSS/whoever else declared war on them too.

Their treaties don't have an optional clause.

EDIT: When I say you, I mean GATO.
[/quote]

Just because they've not made announcements doesn't mean that they wouldn't support us if we needed it. Also, a rogue isn't alliance-wide warfare.

Edited by Laslo Kenez

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1317996678' post='2819671']
I think he's saying you must be gettin high from your own purple drank supply; while Tetris allies have responded, none of Legion's have. Despite the fact they "claimed" the defensive position immediately. They're defending themselves! You have a MDP level treaty! In what sense then are you not cowards while NSO are?
[/quote]
It's been repeated quite a few times. Legion told their allies to stay out. Since they are holding their own against everyone attacking them I don't see a problem with this.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1317999863' post='2819693']
Just because they've not made announcements doesn't mean that they wouldn't support us if we needed it. Also, a rogue isn't alliance-wide warfare.
[/quote]

See, our enemies are so inept at war, we don't consider this any more than rogue attacks defending tetris. As for tetris itself.. well -30% of starting NS & 100% anarchy or peace mode speaks for itself. We don't need our allies help, and [i]just because they haven't annouced it, doesn't mean they wouldn't support us if we needed it[/i]

[quote name='EpsilonPhoenix' timestamp='1318000798' post='2819702']
It's been repeated quite a few times. Legion told their allies to stay out. Since they are holding their own against everyone attacking them I don't see a problem with this.
[/quote]

They secretly feel ashamed that it takes several alliances to fight the Legion. If Tetris was comprised of honorable men, they'd go it alone.

[quote name='EpsilonPhoenix' timestamp='1318000798' post='2819702']
[/quote]

[b]Because the treaties are not optional. Considerations for the safety of "the core" have overridden what should be about welfare for Legion[/b]. It's a direct contradiction of the terms they signed up to, and it keeps happening.

[quote]
See, our enemies are so inept at war, we don't consider this any more than rogue attacks defending tetris. As for tetris itself.. well -30% of starting NS & 100% anarchy or peace mode speaks for itself. We don't need our allies help, and just because they haven't annouced it, doesn't mean they wouldn't support us if we needed it
[/quote]

I'm not saying they're going to roll you into the ground, but if you think they're at the same level as a non-nuclear rogue you are doing mental gymnastics. Stop playing games, your welfare is being sacrificed at the altar of long-term preservation. All treatied alliances are equal, but some are more equal than others, right?

[quote name='m3g4tr0n' timestamp='1318002308' post='2819730']
They secretly feel ashamed that it takes several alliances to fight the Legion. If Tetris was comprised of honorable men, they'd go it alone.
[/quote]

Stupidity is, unfortunately for some, not the same as honour.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1318002438' post='2819733']
[b]Because the treaties are not optional. Considerations for the safety of "the core" have overridden what should be about welfare for Legion[/b]. It's a direct contradiction of the terms they signed up to, and it keeps happening.
[/quote]

Actually the little o in MDoAP stands for optional...

Stupidity is, unfortunately for some, [s]not[/s] the same as [s]honour.[/s] Laslo.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1318002438' post='2819733']

I'm not saying they're going to roll you into the ground, but if you think they're at the same level as a non-nuclear rogue you are doing mental gymnastics. Stop playing games, your welfare is being sacrificed at the altar of long-term preservation. All treatied alliances are equal, but some are more equal than others, right?
[/quote]
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105867

Read it, learn it, love it.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1318002524' post='2819735']
Stupidity is, unfortunately for some, not the same as honour.
[/quote]

Is that similar to canceling treaties because you don't feel like supporting your allies? When our allies ask us for help, we step in. Hell, we had thirteen alliances fight us, and still managed white peace. So, feel free to aid from the shadows, but please refrain from being legalistic about treaties.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1318003239' post='2819750']
Legion have perfected the art of creating an oMDoAP.
[/quote]

Even when responding to a post about your lack of reading comprehension you [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105867&view=findpost&p=2819709]refuse to learn[/url]

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1318004413' post='2819767']
Even when responding to a post about your lack of reading comprehension you [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105867&view=findpost&p=2819709]refuse to learn[/url]
[/quote]

Silly smurf. I fully comprehend the wording of the treaty. I totally mock the sheer bird brained mindset it would require for such a treaty to seem like a good idea though.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1317996678' post='2819671']
I think he's saying you must be gettin high from your own purple drank supply; while Tetris allies have responded, none of Legion's have. Despite the fact they "claimed" the defensive position immediately. They're defending themselves! You have a MDP level treaty! In what sense then are you not cowards while NSO are?
[/quote]

I can't tell whether you're purposefully baiting or are that bad at strategy.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1318005010' post='2819772']
Legions' surrender terms are gonna include a OWF gag on Smurf <_<
[/quote]

I disagree, who else will there be to provide comedic relief? I would rather support a surrender term stipulating that Smurfy has to post so many times a week.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1318003239' post='2819750']
[b]Legion[/b] have perfected the art of creating an oMDoAP.
[/quote]

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1318004661' post='2819770']
Silly smurf. I fully comprehend the wording of the treaty. I totally mock the sheer bird brained mindset it would require for such a treaty to seem like a good idea though.
[/quote]

[i]Silly[/i] Stuart, [i]I fully comprehend the[/i] intention of your previous post. [i]I totally mock the sheer bird brained mindset it would require for such[/i] a person to think continuing to post [i]seem like a good idea[/i].

EDIT:

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1318005142' post='2819775']
I disagree, who else will there be to provide comedic relief? I would rather support a surrender term stipulating that Smurfy has to post so many times a week.
[/quote]

Don't worry people aren't as dumb as you think them to be. They can see the humor in your posts without me pointing it out. I just like to bring more attention to it :D

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1318005183' post='2819776']
[i]Silly[/i] Stuart, [i]I fully comprehend the[/i] intention of your previous post. [i]I totally mock the sheer bird brained mindset it would require for such[/i] a person to think continuing to post [i]seem like a good idea[/i]
[/quote]

Why not just say "NO U!".

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1318005326' post='2819778']
Why not just say "NO U!".
[/quote]

Because that was not my intention. I was phrasing it using as many of your words as possible because you have shown limited reading comprehension and I was not sure if that was due to a limited lexicon or not ..I wanted to be sure you understood.

EDIT: I see I have failed.

Edited by Unknown Smurf