Announcement from the Legion concerning Tetris

[quote]Tetris+NSO- On 10/3 they had 3,770,586 and today are at 3,770,525 (-61 NS)
Legion- On 10/3 they had 6,115,728 and today are at 6,158,710 (+42,982 NS)

Legion has 41 in anarchy (17%) and 198 not in anarchy
Tetris+NSO has 31 in anarchy (18.7%) and 134 not in anarchy[/quote]

Edited the stats to combine Tetris and NSO. Given that Legion has a 50% nation advantage and a nearly 200% NS advantage, and are still about even in total anarchies and almost no damage caused yet, is something I can't understand being declared a win.

And that's without even counting the tetris member who left (which would turn Tetris+NSO's net gain into something higher than Legion's gain), or the ghost/rogue anarchies from pre war (which would turn Tetris+NSO's anarchy % to less than Legions)

Edited by Seerow

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1317745913' post='2816161']
Not sure where you'd get the idea that Legion is winning.
[/quote]
Well they sure as hell ain't losing. Not yet anyway.

Tetris isn't strong enough to withstand a full-blown war against the Legion, which leaves me seriously questioning their judgement in spying on the purple fellows (whether or not they performed the actual act of spying is frankly irrelevant, as they collaborated with the spies that [i]did[/i] do the act, which is equally valid as a casus belli). Perhaps they believed they'd get away with it, as NSO did just weeks earlier? Either way, unless they have some serious warchests (which I doubt...it's Tetris after all) and seriously efficient co-ordination, they won't dish out the damage necessary to win.

Which brings us to NSO. I doubt that NSO has enough firepower to change the tide as well. The majority of you sith may be good fighters, but I think Legion has this nipped in the bud, given that they declared knowing full well that you would counter. I guess Legion has some balls after all.

Still, this could swing either way, so in the meantime...

:popcorn:

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1317735912' post='2816054']
No, they are fighting for their allies. Unless you are accusing Tyga of supporting spying.
[/quote]
I'm accusing Tyga of supporting what Dajobo did.

We can argue about what Dajobo actually did until we're blue in the face I suspect.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1317739718' post='2816090']
He doesn't have the testicular fortitude to do that.
[/quote]
You're going to pull that crap on me, Little Miss Let's Disband So We Won't Get Rolled?

I'm not famous for backing down.

[quote name='Vulpes Inculta' timestamp='1317748302' post='2816209']
Well they sure as hell ain't losing. Not yet anyway.

Tetris isn't strong enough to withstand a full-blown war against the Legion, which leaves me seriously questioning their judgement in spying on the purple fellows (whether or not they performed the actual act of spying is frankly irrelevant, as they collaborated with the spies that [i]did[/i] do the act, which is equally valid as a casus belli). Perhaps they believed they'd get away with it, as NSO did just weeks earlier? Either way, unless they have some serious warchests (which I doubt...it's Tetris after all) and seriously efficient co-ordination, they won't dish out the damage necessary to win.

Which brings us to NSO. I doubt that NSO has enough firepower to change the tide as well. The majority of you sith may be good fighters, but I think Legion has this nipped in the bud, given that they declared knowing full well that you would counter. I guess Legion has some balls after all.

Still, this could swing either way, so in the meantime...

:popcorn:
[/quote]

a charming assessment.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1317748363' post='2816211']
I'm accusing Tyga of supporting what Dajobo did.

We can argue about what Dajobo actually did until we're blue in the face I suspect.

You're going to pull that crap on me, Little Miss Let's Disband So We Won't Get Rolled?

I'm not famous for backing down.
[/quote]

I'll tell you what, Haflinger. You name one time in the last four years when I, or heck... even the alliance I'm in, has backed down to keep from getting rolled, and I'll pay 3M and 50 tech to the 5 nations of your choice.

While you're spending the next few hours scouring for an example (there isn't one) I'll go ahead and start listing the hundreds of times over the last 4 years you've made an ass out of yourself. That's what you're famous for, after all.

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1317733176' post='2816033']
Legion has 37 currently in Anarchy, assuming I did my search right. NSO has 6 on AA in anarchy. 2 are ghosts, and one just stayed in anarchy from a while back apparently. :v:
[/quote]
In the era of war chests anarchy does not matter. Not sure if it ever did.

NS loss may tell a bit more about who is winning or more active.

75k lost because of POW...NS loss is NS loss. It does not matter how the loss came about. It counts.

The war is less than 24 hours old and nukes have yet to be launched. Let this war age a bit and so we can read into the results.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1317726358' post='2815976']
What as that got to do with anything? Are you saying Locke, Xiph and NoFish are trying to recruit me or something?
[/quote]
I have no idea what that has to do with anything either, but come on down. :ehm:

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1317748774' post='2816220']
In the era of war chests anarchy does not matter. Not sure if it ever did.

NS loss may tell a bit more about who is winning or more active.

75k lost because of POW...NS loss is NS loss. It does not matter how the loss came about. It counts.

The war is less than 24 hours old and nukes have yet to be launched. Let this war age a bit and so we can read into the results.
[/quote]

I agree, actually. I wasn't the one to bring up Anarchy first. I was just listing the amounts for all combatants.

It's a bit silly to throwing statistics back and forth and prove who is "winning" when we are only about 18 hours into the war. Legion has yet to fully counter us, Invicta has yet to enter (and whatever happens after that), nukes have yet to fall, NSO has yet to actually go all-out or put on or feel any pressure, etc.

I would wager that, institutionally, we are much better prepared than Legion is, and I would point to the multitude of legion nations last night that were only 1 day inactive and yet in defcon 5, threat level low, woefully low troop count, no tanks, no aircraft, etcetc, as evidence for this.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1317749138' post='2816229']
It's a bit silly to throwing statistics back and forth and prove who is "winning" when we are only about 18 hours into the war. Legion has yet to fully counter us, Invicta has yet to enter (and whatever happens after that), nukes have yet to fall, NSO has yet to actually go all-out or put on or feel any pressure, etc.

I would wager that, institutionally, we are much better prepared than Legion is, and I would point to the multitude of legion nations last night that were only 1 day inactive and yet in defcon 5, threat level low, woefully low troop count, no tanks, no aircraft, etcetc, as evidence for this.
[/quote]

This. Seriously, every single person I hit (and anarchied) last night was at Defcon 5, low threat. For some cosmic reason, they also find it a good idea to spy away my tanks [i]after they have done their ground battles, which they performed before the CM's and the airstrikes[/i].

The nations I'm fighting are still at Defcon 5. That's some military you've got there, Legion.

And to say they're winning... Oh man, I lol'd heartily.

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1317749557' post='2816233']
This. Seriously, every single person I hit (and anarchied) last night was at Defcon 5, low threat. For some cosmic reason, they also find it a good idea to spy away my tanks [i]after they have done their ground battles, which they performed before the CM's and the airstrikes[/i].

The nations I'm fighting are still at Defcon 5. That's some military you've got there, Legion.

And to say they're winning... Oh man, I lol'd heartily.
[/quote]

I always laugh when 5k nations come talking a big game. Most, if not all, mass member alliances have inactive/ghost nations in your strength range. Assuming like this is the gauge for an alliances war capabilities is laughable at best.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1317748763' post='2816219']
I'll tell you what, Haflinger. You name one time in the last four years when I, or heck... even the alliance I'm in, has backed down to keep from getting rolled, and I'll pay 3M and 50 tech to the 5 nations of your choice.
[/quote]
You joined Polar in flip-flopping and bailing out of Bipolar once it appeared that the odds were no longer in your favour and the curbstomp was going to go the other way.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1317748763' post='2816219']
While you're spending the next few hours scouring for an example (there isn't one) I'll go ahead and start listing the hundreds of times over the last 4 years you've made an ass out of yourself. That's what you're famous for, after all.
[/quote]

I will quote this, because I agree with it.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1317748851' post='2816223']
I have no idea what that has to do with anything either, but come on down. :ehm:
[/quote]

Potato believes that the Legion took too long to take care of NSO/Tetris. I believe its hypocritical since he/MK has yet to do anything about GOD yet.

Disclaimer: I am not saying GOD should or shouldn't get a beating, all I am implying is that MK believes they should.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1317750198' post='2816241']
You joined Polar in flip-flopping and bailing out of Bipolar once it appeared that the odds were no longer in your favour and the curbstomp was going to go the other way.
[/quote]

That's not even a close approximation of what happened, but it IS yet another example of you making an ass out of yourself. It's ok. You can try again. There's no time limit on this exercise.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317750587' post='2816245']
Potato believes that the Legion took too long to take care of NSO/Tetris. I believe its hypocritical since he/MK has yet to do anything about GOD yet.

Disclaimer: I am not saying GOD should or shouldn't get a beating, all I am implying is that MK believes they should.
[/quote]

People have been saying our 'time will come soon' for quite some time now, and yet what do you know, it hasn't happened yet!

Good luck with the war guys!

Edited by Gizmore

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317748247' post='2816206']
Edited the stats to combine Tetris and NSO. Given that Legion has a 50% nation advantage and a nearly 200% NS advantage, and are still about even in total anarchies and almost no damage caused yet, is something I can't understand being declared a win.

And that's without even counting the tetris member who left (which would turn Tetris+NSO's net gain into something higher than Legion's gain), or the ghost/rogue anarchies from pre war (which would turn Tetris+NSO's anarchy % to less than Legions)
[/quote]

Add the two largest non-peace mode NSO nations to anarchy.

Sorry I took my sweet time with it.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317748247' post='2816206']

[/quote]

Anarchies only mean something in terms of launching offensive wars. Who honestly cares that Legion is almost even in terms of anarchies when Legion can launch 594 more offensive wars to cover 495 total defensive slots for NSO/Tetris (I did not take away any defensive slots currently filled by Legion, the 495 is the total of [37+128]*3 for Tetris/NSO). So what I am seeing is that there is no way for NSO/Tetris to fill every defensive slot Legion has, but Legion can easily fill every defensive slot for Tetris/NSO.

Now, what I gather from this is that Legion will be able to control the battlefield. Sure, they screwed up some staggers but they can learn, which means that once they get those staggers straightened out, Legion will control the field. Legion will be able to cycle nations in and out of PM and given that most of Tetris is already in anarchy and 9 out of the 13 nations not in anarchy are in PM, Tetris will be unable to contribute much to offensive wars, which means that Legion can easily down declare on Tetris from here on out and can do the same to NSO.

I am amused you mention Tetris/NSO's ghosts anarchies and anarchies from previous but do not mention how many of those nations in Legion are complete noobs or ghosts or inactive and what not... I am sure if you discount those from Legion, it would lower Legion's percentage. Can't do it for one side and not the other. The only one you could possibly do is the anarchies from prior to the war and I am not sure if Legion had any or not.

Actually, having that one member of Tetris leave can be attributed to Legion. If Legion had not attacked, that nation would still be part of Tetris.

Anyways, yes, I know this is a bit premature to assess who is actually winning and losing. I brought it up because for the past several years, all I have heard (particularly in the past month or so) was how weak Legion was. How horrible at war Legion was. How ridiculously easy it would be to stomp Legion into the ground. Yet, Legion so far is holding its own and already has a POW from Tetris, so in a sense, Legion is winning simply because they are doing far better than any of their detractors claimed they could possibly do.

I can't wait for the war to age a bit to see how well Legion will continue doing so that most can have a good laugh at Tetris and NSO for losing to "lolegion" or to see Legion screw up their huge advantage in NS and nations and lose to Tetris and NSO so that we can all have a good laugh at lolegion some more.

Edited by Dochartaigh

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1317753497' post='2816293']
I can't wait for the war to age a bit to see how well Legion will continue doing so that most can have a good laugh at Tetris and NSO for losing to "lolegion" or to see Legion screw up their huge advantage in NS and nations and lose to Tetris and NSO so that we can all have a good laugh at lolegion some more.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You seem to forget that the NSO is invincible.[/color]