Announcement from the Legion concerning Tetris

[quote name='NationRuler' timestamp='1317771845' post='2816493']
Fun fact: The Legion has 5 more nukes than Umbrella.

I think it's fair to say that we would stand no chance against them since they would get to hit the nuke button 5 more times
[/quote]

You do realize there is a huge difference between 5 and 1000...

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1317772007' post='2816494']
You do realize there is a huge difference between 5 and 1000...
[/quote]
It would only really matter if they could actually launch all those extra nukes at once. Having more nukes to start with only really helps in the sense that you shouldn't run out of them as easily, but as long as we have decent warchests that's still only a marginal benefit.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1317772345' post='2816496']
It would only really matter if they could actually launch all those extra nukes at once. Having more nukes to start with only really helps in the sense that you shouldn't run out of them as easily, but as long as we have decent warchests that's still only a marginal benefit.
[/quote]

It would also help to ensure that ya'll stay in anarchy and are incapable of launching offensive wars which means that ya'll would most likely continue to be on the receiving end of down declares. The extra damage that nukes deal, particularly to tech, is also helpful.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1317782773' post='2816573']
It would also help to ensure that ya'll stay in anarchy and are incapable of launching offensive wars which means that ya'll would most likely continue to be on the receiving end of down declares. The extra damage that nukes deal, particularly to tech, is also helpful.
[/quote]
Those are advantages of using more nukes, not simply having more nukes.

Having more is an advantage, but not nearly as significant as it would sound. The biggest advantage is that we might have to spend more money to keep up the pace of full nuclear war with an opponent that 1) has more nukes and 2) doesn't need to launch as many as we do to achieve maximum coverage. But warchests mitigate that advantage. Legion has a lot of numerical/statistical advantages over us and Tetris, the total nuke count disparity isn't even at the top of the list in my mind.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1317783225' post='2816578']
Those are advantages of using more nukes, not simply having more nukes.

Having more is an advantage, but not nearly as significant as it would sound. The biggest advantage is that we might have to spend more money to keep up the pace of full nuclear war with an opponent that 1) has more nukes and 2) doesn't need to launch as many as we do to achieve maximum coverage. But warchests mitigate that advantage. Legion has a lot of numerical/statistical advantages over us and Tetris, the total nuke count disparity isn't even at the top of the list in my mind.
[/quote]

Biggest issues, Legion has a big advantage in the MP/WRC/Tech department. More than 2 to 1 vs NSO/Tetris combined. If the war doesn't spread and someone else doesn't hit Legion, they will have to be supremely incompetent to lose this war.

So I would say that gives NSO/Tetris about a 50/50 chance.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317683492' post='2814906']
Legion actually has the capability of doing something?

Who honestly saw this coming?

...I blame Kzoppistan. His influence has clearly directed Legion towards this path of destruction. I also commend him for it.
[/quote]

Nonsense, my good sir.

Aside from the one point in my career, where-in I was temporarily overcome by the spiritual madness of Johan, I have ever been a dove of the whitest plumage. -_-

Your comment is appreciated, but the accolades must be properly laid at the feet of our military commanders and government leaders.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1317783124' post='2816577']
thing is, you think this will stay only NSO/Tetris and Legion?
[/quote]

If Legion is smart they will not be the ones to bring anyone else in. Despite the complete lack of war fighting ability they have such large advantages that it should be hard for them to not come out on top or at least even. Bringing in help would change those odds. NSO calling in help to save them from an alliance like Legion would be to big of an embarrasment. Not gonna happen.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1317785282' post='2816586']
One could hope to watch these three destroy one another.
[/quote]
personally, I'd like to see AAs removed and everyone hit everyone.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1317786599' post='2816603']
[i][u]If Legion is smart[/u][/i] they will not be the ones to bring anyone else in. Despite the complete lack of war fighting ability they have such large advantages that it should be hard for them to not come out on top or at least even. Bringing in help would change those odds. NSO calling in help to save them from an alliance like Legion would be to big of an embarrasment. Not gonna happen.
[/quote]
the flaw in your premise.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1317783619' post='2816581']
Biggest issues, Legion has a big advantage in the MP/WRC/Tech department. More than 2 to 1 vs NSO/Tetris combined. If the war doesn't spread and someone else doesn't hit Legion, they will have to be supremely incompetent to lose this war.

So I would say that gives NSO/Tetris about a 50/50 chance.
[/quote]

A lot of our advantage goes to nations that are too large to declare though. NSO has a lot of wonders in smaller nations due to beat downs..

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1317786599' post='2816603']
If Legion is smart they will not be the ones to bring anyone else in. Despite the complete lack of war fighting ability they have such large advantages that it should be hard for them to not come out on top or at least even. Bringing in help would change those odds. NSO calling in help to save them from an alliance like Legion would be to big of an embarrasment. Not gonna happen.
[/quote]

That was the plan but looks like Europa is retarded and Mogar stumbled upon something...

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1317786571' post='2816602']
Oh, and I forgot the linky.
[url="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApWKlzQhUjn7dEExR1dRSE5nbGRjYWJLOXBPLUdRWHc&hl=en_US#gid=0"]Europa's War Target list.[/url]
[/quote]

[color="#4169e1"]I'm not sure who to support in this war (OWF noob), but I hope everyone involved has fun because after this war is over, we may have to wait some time for another global war :P

I hope this war spreads and my alliance gets involved because I want to kill! [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/war1.gif[/img]

P.S. I just read every post in this thread [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/smug.gif[/img][/color]

Edited by Atmosfear

Legion I am genuinely curious. Did you actually forget to tell your nations you were going in on an aggressive war and they should maybe, I don't know, [i]build up in expectation of counters[/i]? The number of completely unprepared Legion nations who're getting knocked into anarchy because they didn't build up is inexcusable.

[quote name='Atmosfear' timestamp='1317808180' post='2816963']
[color="#4169e1"]P.S. I just read every post in this thread [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/smug.gif[/img][/color]
[/quote]

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pmIQSV_6HWg/TJJ0K-TpotI/AAAAAAAACB4/Afs4NCRBkds/s1600/goldstar.jpg[/img]

Maybe if you ask MK enough times, they'll bring ya along /if/ it makes it to them :awesome:

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1317808440' post='2816966']
Legion I am genuinely curious. Did you actually forget to tell your nations you were going in on an aggressive war and they should maybe, I don't know, [i]build up in expectation of counters[/i]? The number of completely unprepared Legion nations who're getting knocked into anarchy because they didn't build up is inexcusable.
[/quote]

That would have required some sort of actual planning. Remember, this is legion we are talking about.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1317808535' post='2816967']
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pmIQSV_6HWg/TJJ0K-TpotI/AAAAAAAACB4/Afs4NCRBkds/s1600/goldstar.jpg[/img]

Maybe if you ask MK enough times, they'll bring ya along /if/ it makes it to them :awesome:
[/quote]
[color="#4169e1"]As unbelievable as it may sound, MK actually doesn't mind sharing its food with their smaller friends, who have no other friends [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/wub.gif[/img][/color]

[color="#4169e1"]Thanks for the gold star, by the way - I deserve at least THAT after reading 542 posts :P[/color]

Edited by Atmosfear

[quote name='KuroNeko' timestamp='1317808813' post='2816968']
That would have required some sort of actual planning. Remember, this is legion we are talking about.
[/quote]

Then what the hell were they doing in the week plus that they let this CB simmer :blink: