A Nominal Announcement

[img]http://vikitr.net/data/media/75/14_titanic.jpg[/img]
I'm telling you now folks this ship is simply too large to sink... I wouldn't even bother fitting very many life rafts it would only mess up the ambiance on the deck area...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1313287178' post='2780207']
[img]http://vikitr.net/data/media/75/14_titanic.jpg[/img]
I'm telling you now folks this ship is simply too large to sink... I wouldn't even bother fitting very many life rafts it would only mess up the ambiance on the deck area...
[/quote]

Not even GOD can sink this ship! :v:

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1313281708' post='2780130']
Like I said before, I found it amusing that you speak of losing a war and disbanding in the same breath. I can only go on what you say, not what you meant to say. You put it in that context, not us. Next time you're raving about !@#$@#$ farriers and their families and rolling people and disbanding perhaps you should choose your words more carefully.

Also, why are you waiting to roll us? You're obviously all worked up, surely glorious and powerful Sparta can find a way.
[/quote]
1- I shouldn't need to contextualize anything for you. In fact I know l dont have to. You have been around long enough that if you honestly believe we are going to disband, then you are a grade A idiot. Losing a war has marginal long term effect anymore anyway what with modern warchests and all. We'll all be rebuilt in a few months anyway, so losing a war isn't that scary, if at all.

2- We have an actual relevant war to deal with at the moment. Rolling you isn't conducive to having success in the coming conflict.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1313288879' post='2780238']
2- We have an actual relevant war to deal with at the moment. Rolling you isn't conducive to having success in the coming conflict.
[/quote]

Since when is has there been a war going on? O.o

Also easy to say that you can be rebuilt within months after a war when you didn't pay months of reps etc.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1313270688' post='2779927']
I believe if you will listen to the CN talkshow Ardus said he believes Bob is on it's last legs and he is trying everything he can possibly get away with just to see how far he can go.
[/quote]

Holy crap people actually listen!

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1313274885' post='2779995']
This is going to be one of those posts which is really funny to read in two years time when MK HAS STABBED NoR IN THE BACK.
[/quote]

You mean that large alliances CAN actually keep mandatory treaties they sign with another large alliance for over a year?! :o With all the treaty shuffling I've seen between the big guys on all sides since paying the slightest attention, I thought there was some rule somewhere that said otherwise:P

Learn something new every day!

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1313289804' post='2780249']
Since when is has there been a war going on? O.o

Also easy to say that you can be rebuilt within months after a war when you didn't pay months of reps etc.
[/quote]
Paying reps, while a handicap, Is not some magic roadblock to rebuilding. NPO, NpO, and MK are evidence of that.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1313290493' post='2780253']
[/quote]

I loved the line when Ardus admitted he wanted to get away with as much as possible before Planet Bob imploded. And I echo that sentiment. Because by treatying NoR here, MK is getting away with the most dreaded and dastardly political move known to Planet Bob: Making a new allied friendship.

How dare they!

o/ MK

edit: Spelling mistake.

Edited by Mandellav

Well, well, well.

That didn't take too long. That's not a bad thing, I suppose. Actually quite the opposite.

I blame Zog :awesome:

Congrats of this, folks. Graphics are top notch as always, Nem.

Edited by Ayatollah Bromeini

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1313270666' post='2779925']
For once we get to plan agianst an actual challenge, [b]which the likes of NSO has never provided.[/b]
[/quote]
[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1313280402' post='2780108']
Why would we disband because of a war? I was referring to when we will all probably disband at or near the end of the game. [b]As in, before the end of the game, if you are still around and we haven't done it already before admin gives notice of CN shutting down, we're going to roll you.[/b]

Did you think I meant we are disbanding because of the coming war?
[/quote]

We've never been toe to toe, speaking a little out of place saying we've never provided you a challenge. Others who have met our toe will tell you otherwise.

Why wait? If, as you just said, we're of no challenge. Roll us and be done with it. Or - are you gonna be yet another to run your mouth off against us and walk away without trying? I dare say we have you defeated already.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1313288879' post='2780238']
1- [b]I shouldn't need to contextualize anything for you. In fact I know l dont have to.[/b] You have been around long enough that if you honestly believe we are going to disband, then you are a grade A idiot. Losing a war has marginal long term effect anymore anyway what with modern warchests and all. We'll all be rebuilt in a few months anyway, so losing a war isn't that scary, if at all.

[/quote]

It's not contextualizing for [i]us[/i], it's for yourself. Having your statements in the proper context is quite important. It's a very valuable asset within the spoken languages.

If an alliance spent as much time !@#$%footing around as you have, I'd hope they have sizable enough warchests to be able to rebuild quickly.

Yes, a relevant war. We'll see you there. Good to know that, for such a minimal challenge, that you admit we could ruin you enough to not be able to fight in a couple months time (Admin knows the war isn't gonna break out till after Halloween anyways) .. We are that relentless. :smug:

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1313290493' post='2780253']
[/quote]
Hearing and listening are two different things. Clearly when Ardus said that he's going to be doing as much wild stuff as he can for the foreseeable future he was as insane as OWF commentators who observe that Ardus is pulling stunts. Ardus is an alarmist pinhead.

It's almost funny that Fark and GOD were dumb/ham-handed enough to piss off an unambitious bloc like Mjolnir enough to push them into running into MK's arms, plus piss off most of the rest of the world into sympathizing with NoR in a situation that--if they knew the details--is unconscionable.

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8r6dX_fJAq4/Smq_Frp8nOI/AAAAAAAAAbA/Xq1ov1WZ2B4/s320/Chameleons%2B-%2BStrange%2BTimes.jpg[/img]

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1313291000' post='2780260']
Paying reps, while a handicap, Is not some magic roadblock to rebuilding. NPO, NpO, and MK are evidence of that.
[/quote]

Depends on the length of the war. A 2 or 3 month war while you are being pounded badly by several alliances leaves a residual effect on your top tier that takes much longer than a few months to rebuild. Especially while the others that were not involved are continuing at the same rate of growth unaffected.

NPO, NpO, MK, and TOP are all evidence of that.

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1313305761' post='2780414']
Depends on the length of the war. A 2 or 3 month war while you are being pounded badly by several alliances leaves a residual effect on your top tier that takes much longer than a few months to rebuild. Especially while the others that were not involved are continuing at the same rate of growth unaffected.

NPO, NpO, MK, and TOP are all evidence of that.
[/quote]

I'm glad that at least someone in TOP recognizes that.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1313302006' post='2780354']
We've never been toe to toe, speaking a little out of place saying we've never provided you a challenge. Others who have met our toe will tell you otherwise.

Why wait? If, as you just said, we're of no challenge. Roll us and be done with it. Or - are you gonna be yet another to run your mouth off against us and walk away without trying? I dare say we have you defeated already.

It's not contextualizing for [i]us[/i], it's for yourself. Having your statements in the proper context is quite important. It's a very valuable asset within the spoken languages.

If an alliance spent as much time !@#$%footing around as you have, I'd hope they have sizable enough warchests to be able to rebuild quickly.

Yes, a relevant war. We'll see you there. Good to know that, for such a minimal challenge, that you admit we could ruin you enough to not be able to fight in a couple months time (Admin knows the war isn't gonna break out till after Halloween anyways) .. We are that relentless. :smug:
[/quote]
Uh...ok. Look, nukes are still nukes. Whether you are small or not, we aren't going to waste cash on you right before a war just because we hate you. You could be the worst fighter ever, but it doesn't take any skill to nuke me once a day. Large update blitzes are completely irrelevant because they rarely result in anarchies, and against an opponent who is even remotely prepared they dont do a lot of significant damage anyway. The only use for hitting close-ish to update is to get the nuke cycle in order, and even then most alliances blow their load on the war screen in a pointless show of force and leave nothing to work the cycles down the road. Also, the vast majority of damage comes from hitting a single button every day. Seriously, this game isn't that hard.

The only hard part is planning treaty chains, match ups, working cycle control with nukes, and making sure the token retards in your planning channel don't do something stupid. That is the kind of stuff that coalition chans involving NSO have never done right, and that is why they haven't been a challenge. No, we haven't fought them face to face, but we have faced the products of their efforts and I am sure that MK's plans will far exceed anything the sith have ever conjured up.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1313307053' post='2780419']
The only hard part is planning treaty chains, match ups, working cycle control with nukes, and making sure the token retards in your planning channel don't do something stupid. [i]That is the kind of stuff that coalition chans involving NSO have never done right, and that is why they haven't been a challenge.[/i] No, we haven't fought them face to face, but we have faced the products of their efforts and I am sure that MK's plans will far exceed [b]anything the sith have ever conjured up.[/b]
[/quote]

[i]We didn't have any control or sway in those channels and were actually quite frustrated ourselves at some of the things coming out of them. That's a little presumable and short-sighted to accuse us directly.[/i]

[b]It's all rolling out to plan so far[/b] :smug:

Aight broseph, in the interest if letting MK/NoR getting back to their regularly scheduled upgrade, I'll let you just think whatever you want. At the end of the day, we are going to fight, we aren't going to disband, and who knows, we might even pull a win out of our ass. God knows we'll try.

Either way both sides are gonna $%&@ people up, so it's gonna be good.