Announcement From The German Empire

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost [url="http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/index.php?showtopic=77560"]four years ago[/url] to this day, NoV was severing ties with TGE and unrecognizing them "as an Alliance, as German, and as an Empire." And now we have this....how times have changed. I look forward to seeing where this new treaty takes us.

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1310794405' post='2757112']
TGE had many flaws, but if nothing else, at least they had their pride.[/quote]

Yes, the kind of pride that barred them from even trying to meet us half-way when NoR reformed. We extended our hand, if not in friendship then at least in the spirit of detente, and it was slapped away on numerous occasions.

Now, you may wrap up your frustration in whatever pretty packaging you like, but anyone seeing a leading figure from INT criticizing this understands that you have your own reasons for hoping something like this would never happen. We see it as yet further testament of our resolve not to be bound by some old, outdated way of doing things; a resolution which, believe me, I know you do not understand at all.

This just fills me with an overriding sense of meh, I also believe in second chances but some AA's should stay dead and buried....TGE being such an AA. Alas what is done is done, best of luck to this latest incarnation of TGE and well done to Nordreich.

[quote name='Nemhauser' timestamp='1310786912' post='2757001']
Nordreich believes in second chances, as we were given one over two years ago. Certain individuals within The German Empire have tried to sabotage Nordreich since we reformed, so we were very skeptic about the reformation of this old enemy. You have probably seen the fireworks from your windows last week.

This time, it was different. A small group of folks who wanted back their old community, without the dirty works of the upper government.

[/quote]

I agree entirely with this.

Wilhelm I, I wish you luck and regardless of what everyone else says, I actually hope you pull this one off. Just be careful about which ex-TGE people you get in, lest alliance history repeat itself.

[quote name='Ezequiel' timestamp='1310800381' post='2757146']
I must agree with this. NoR brings disgrace upon what otherwise would be a grand alliance.

Nevertheless, good luck.

Ezequiel.
[/quote]
hahaha TGE has a great future ahead of them, status quo on the otherhand, I can only see it going one place and that's the trash.

o/NoR
o/TGE

You have a classy protector TGE :awesome:, they are awesome allies!

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1310813214' post='2757190']
The potential for lulz has been lost. I am disappoint. Good luck with this TGE, you are not the alliance I once knew.
[/quote]

probably not a bad thing then

Good luck to all of you in this endeavor...you're going to need it!

I first heard about this last night when NoR approached me asking for my blessing on this new TGE. My initial response was "if anyone can do it, NoR can". But after looking at things in the light of day and having seen the gov lineup (Heinrich Schuster? Really?), I fear NoR may have bitten off more than they can chew. I hope they prove me wrong.

Edited by nosoup4you

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1310825976' post='2757224']
This might be the biggest disgrace to TGE in it's history. Jurgen is rolling over in his CN grave
[/quote]
I fail to see how both sides moving past earlier problems is a disgrace to either of them.