Announcement From The German Empire

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the guidance of NoR, I have every faith in the great future of TGE

This is a prime example of the type of alliance NoR is, a lot of alliances would bloc their reformation, or watch them and just wait for the smallest of CB to jump on them, NoR on the other hand have given them a second chance and are willing to help them get started

o/ TGE
o/ NoR

[quote name='andyt2k' timestamp='1310831165' post='2757255']
With the guidance of NoR, I have every faith in the great future of TGE

This is a prime example of the type of alliance NoR is, a lot of alliances would bloc their reformation, or watch them and just wait for the smallest of CB to jump on them, NoR on the other hand have given them a second chance and are willing to help them get started

o/ TGE
o/ NoR
[/quote]
I know what you're trying to say and I agree, it was very admirable for NoR to give TGE a chance but NoR DID attack TGE on the first reformation.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1310825976' post='2757224']
This might be the biggest disgrace to TGE in it's history. Jurgen is rolling over in his CN grave
[/quote]

Unless I am mistaken, I believe he [i]is[/i] a part of this.

VVVVV I guess I'm not doing a good job of remembering who's reroll was who these days. VVVVV

Edited by Emperor Marx

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1310844748' post='2757307']
Unless I am mistaken, I believe he [i]is[/i] a part of this.
[/quote]

You are mistaken.

Edit:
[quote]I guess I'm not doing a good job of remembering who's reroll was who these days[/quote]
It does get confusing. I might suggest that NoR place a limit on the number of Wilhelms, Kaisers, and Fredericks that it allows amongst TGE's ranks. :P

Edited by nosoup4you

[quote name='Anger' timestamp='1310832059' post='2757258']
I know what you're trying to say and I agree, it was very admirable for NoR to give TGE a chance but NoR DID attack TGE on the first reformation.
[/quote]

I think I'll file this under 'close enough'.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1310789156' post='2757039']
I'm looking forward to the arrival of the folks who bashed NoR in the previous TGE-related discussion.

Will any of them pop in to eat their words? Unlikely. Except when uttered at gunpoint, "I was wrong" may well be the least-heard phrase around here.

Will any of them drop by with some other fabricated reason to slander us? Oh, no doubt. I cannot wait for someone to say, "Poor show NoR for attacking an unprotected AA that had previously been hostile to you and then trying to help them do things the right way. You people are monsters."[/quote]

I'm only surprised that it took nearly twelve hours.

[quote name='nosoup4you' timestamp='1310845019' post='2757308']
Edit:

It does get confusing. I might suggest that NoR place a limit on the number of Wilhelms, Kaisers, and Fredericks that it allows amongst TGE's ranks. :P
[/quote]
I 2nd this. Find some new avatars too!

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1310794405' post='2757112']
Nice little puppy you got here, Nordreich. We already know it can roll over, but does it do any other tricks? Maybe beg?

TGE had many flaws, but if nothing else, at least they had their pride. Now they've been reduced to the one thing they resisted for years: a colony of the 'Reich. Wilhelm, you are quite a piece of work. I didn't think anyone could drag the Empire's name any lower. Congratulations.

-Craig
[/quote]

[quote name='Ezequiel' timestamp='1310800381' post='2757146']
I must agree with this. NoR brings disgrace upon what otherwise would be a grand alliance.

Nevertheless, good luck.

Ezequiel.
[/quote]

[quote name='MutedFaith' timestamp='1310803250' post='2757158']
I liked it a lot better the last time.. When you pissed of Nordreich :P

Nevertheless, good luck with this. But if you're going to be allied to NoR, you might as well have chosen another name..
[/quote]

I have to admit, you all just made my day. :lol1:

Best of luck to our old adversary. Here's hoping that next time, we can both make camp on the same side of no-man's land.

o/ Nordreich
o/ our new little buddy.

Edited by Gottrich Northeim

It's very intriguing to see how this turned out. As someone who was close to the old TGE during the time of CPCN, seeing the new TGE as a protected alliance by the Nordreich is, naturally, a very odd development. Of course, almost nothing remains the same. Hell, in the LSF's time you'd be surprised to see how many titantic power entities have risen and fallen.

I have to admit, I've got mixed feelings about this. Some borne out of idiotic nostalgia, others out of enduring, validated skepticism, and years of watching iron-clad vows of trust and honor rust away into dust and blood spilt by a knife in the back. But then again, it really is too early to tell just what will come of this. The best anyone can say of this is that the Nordreich really are showing some commendable determination in claiming the mantle of Germanic Brotherhood with this act.

Best of luck to Wilhelm I. And the LSF will, of course, pretty much not care of what goes on beyond its liberated frontiers. :)

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1310846535' post='2757318']
I think I'll file this under 'close enough'.

I'm only surprised that it took nearly twelve hours.
[/quote]
Heh, I think you're misunderstanding what I meant exactly, I was just pointing out the facts. I had no problems with you attacking TGE, I was just stating you weren't as generous as you are now to TGE on Wilhelm's first reformation. No offense meant by it. I'm a fan of NoR if anything so apoligies if I came across as slandering you.

Edited by Anger

[quote name='Britishdude' timestamp='1310792667' post='2757095']
We have quite a few former TGE members in our alliance; if they would like to leave us because they find TGE more appealing, then more power to them. My point was I don't appreciate having my members poached, regardless of what alliance they used to be in.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]When will you silly people learn that there is no such thing as "poaching." You cannot make someone leave your alliance, only they can make that choice. If by chance they do end up leaving you for someone else it may perhaps be smarter for you to ask yourself why they might prefer another to yours, instead of looking for someone else to blame for your own failings.[/color]

[quote name='nosoup4you' timestamp='1310820359' post='2757207'] But after looking at things in the light of day and having seen the gov lineup (Heinrich Schuster? Really?),
[/quote]

name did sound familiar... isn't this the guy that tried spying on RoA back in the day? and then tried hiding by rerolling? (ooc: and then posting a public name change? lol)

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1310797784' post='2757133']
I could think of one particular ex-Kaiser who fits the bill Craig
[/quote]

Just to be totally fair, I really wasn't digging at Nordreich... It's just that TGE's entire raison d'etre was to harass NoR and NoV... To re-emerge as a NoR puppet is weird. C'mon, you know it is. I understand that this is a PR victory for the 'reich -- trotting out an old thorn in their side as a protectorate. I'd do the same thing. It just seems to be an abuse of the TGE name.

-Craig

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1310851953' post='2757368']
[color="#0000FF"]When will you silly people learn that there is no such thing as "poaching." You cannot make someone leave your alliance, only they can make that choice. If by chance they do end up leaving you for someone else it may perhaps be smarter for you to ask yourself why they might prefer another to yours, instead of looking for someone else to blame for your own failings.[/color]
[/quote]

Well said RV.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1310851953' post='2757368']
[/quote]
Someone gets it!

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1310856363' post='2757396']
Just to be totally fair, I really wasn't digging at Nordreich... It's just that TGE's entire raison d'etre was to harass NoR and NoV... To re-emerge as a NoR puppet is weird. C'mon, you know it is. I understand that this is a PR victory for the 'reich -- trotting out an old thorn in their side as a protectorate. I'd do the same thing. It just seems to be an abuse of the TGE name.

-Craig
[/quote]
The German Empire has been dead for a long time, this new version of it will most likely end up like the old German Empire's colony alliances, remember those?