Announcement From The German Empire

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1311048757' post='2758958']
I challenge you to find anything NoR/NoV did that was anything even remotely close to [url="http://z3.invisionfree.com/LSF/index.php?showtopic=5419"]this[/url] or [url="http://z3.invisionfree.com/LSF/index.php?showtopic=1289"]this[/url].
[/quote]
Despicable certainly but 2007 was a long long time ago, and LSF has not engendered such behaviour for a long time. Nor did everyone within the leftist alliances of the day approve of such practices. Nor does everyone who claims a connection to one or more of the leftist alliances have unabashed hatred for Nordreich in the present day...some of us like yourself have moved on.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1311052877' post='2759018']
[i]Wow[/i], what filth. And the CN left sits there on their high horses talking about the "evils" of NoR. I had no idea this existed - needless to say, I'll be steering clear of LSF...
[/quote]
SO your going to talk about the CN-Left in general terms and judge the whole lot as being filth on the actions of certain individuals within a certain alliance?. LSF and INT are quite distinct from each other, just like LSF and the ICP were distinct. But yeah by all means stay clear of the LSF.

Edited by Cataduanes

[OOC]Those that advocate for the extinction of [i]acutal races of human beings[/i] and not just nations in an online game are the despicable ones as far as I'm concerned, and as far as expulsion from the game, the way I see it got what they deserved. This is not, however, to say I or the vast majority believe fire should be fought with fire to the extent of interfering with personal lives as those others seemed to.[/OOC]

As far as this thread is concerned, you will find my opinion in line with the rest. This incarnation of TGE is an abomination and a perversion of everything the old TGE stood for, etc etc.

[quote name='Soviet Limburg' timestamp='1311083551' post='2759216']
Oh, are we bringing up the hacked LSF forum again? Yeah, totally trustworthy source there.

Try again.[/quote]

I think he pretty much hit the ball out of the park. <_<

[i]OOC: Insofar as the whole NoR/NoV vs. the CN Left was kept in character it's been a fun sideshow to watch over the past 4+ years. When things went OOC, as with this, or with clowns spouting off about the superiority of their race from the comfort of their trailer home in Podunk, Alabama (or their rundown flat in a crappy part of Munich as it were) and pour !@#$ into the brains of impressionable teenagers, then that's one step (or a mile) too far and there is simply no excuse for it, ever. [/i]

The CN Left is not and never was superior. Honestly it's a miracle they survived this long, and I owe it almost exclusively to their irrelevance on the larger world stage of Planet Bob.

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1311067261' post='2759147']
Despicable certainly but 2007 was a long long time ago, and LSF has not engendered such behaviour for a long time. Nor did everyone within the leftist alliances of the day approve of such practices. Nor does everyone who claims a connection to one or more of the leftist alliances have unabashed hatred for Nordreich in the present day...some of us like yourself have moved on.

SO your going to talk about the CN-Left in general terms and judge the whole lot as being filth on the actions of certain individuals within a certain alliance?. LSF and INT are quite distinct from each other, just like LSF and the ICP were distinct. But yeah by all means stay clear of the LSF.
[/quote]
Ah - I could have articulated what I meant better.

Essentially, it was just pointing out that there are bad apples in every grouping. There's no point in lumping them all together, though some groups, specifically the CN-Left, continue to do it to NoR. The steering clear of LSF was supposed to be ironic. I was disgusted by those bad apples and somewhat taken aback that I never noticed any criticism leveled against LSF for that.

[quote name='VladimirLenin' timestamp='1311077140' post='2759174']
As far as this thread is concerned, you will find my opinion in line with the rest. This incarnation of TGE is an abomination and a perversion of everything the old TGE stood for, etc etc.
[/quote]
The previous TGE stood for nefarious (and largely pathetic) plots, international incidents, personality cults, inactivity, political blunders, and massive egos. If this TGE is a perversion of all those things then I suppose they've got a good start.

Edited by Captain Flinders

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1311046081' post='2758937']
So get down on your knees and thank Almighty Christ[sup]1[/sup] that we have not come looking for payback.

Hugs and kisses,

- kz
[/quote]

I suppose now's the time when I'm supposed to say "NOU" or something equally silly. Ok, I'll bite. That's a beautiful love letter you've crafted, and of course I've always been a sucker for a man in uniform. If you ever want to consummate the relationship, you have my address. And don't bother to knock; the door's always open for you and your crew.

Alas, I suspect the romance is never meant to be, but I'll be seeing you in my dreams tonight. :wub:

XXX OOO

-Craig

[i][ooc edit]I never actually brought up any OOC content, Zog. Christ, man. I'm having fun with a character in a game. Maybe I went too far. Seriously, no offense intended.[/ooc][/i]

Edited by Comrade Craig

Wow, ok, people are still bringing back up the fact that the LSF forums were hacked as evidence of our "bluring of OOC and IC" aspects? That's just downright dishonest. If you knew any of the people in those threads, you would know that is not how those people are. At all. Nice try, though.

[quote]The CN Left is not and never was superior. Honestly it's a miracle they survived this long, and I owe it almost exclusively to their irrelevance on the larger world stage of Planet Bob.[/quote]

I don't think any of us have ever really claimed superiority or have gotten wrapped up in the rat race for relevancy, but ok.

[quote]Haha, oh wow. I forgot about these times and how much some of the kids in the CNLeft liked to blur the line between the game and RL in order to play out some sick fantasy.[b]Never have I seen anything remotely like that throughout Nordland history, Oct 2006 to present[/b].[/quote]

Right. Because no one in the Reich has ever crossed that line or did anything that warrented the CNleft to look upon them with the disgust that many of us did. [url="http://i54.tinypic.com/fkv95z.jpg"]Ever.[/url]

That all being said, no one in the LSF, or in INT has any stong feelings against NoR. Like Craig has said time and time again, if there is anything left between the CNleft and the CNright, it's more of a friendly rivalry, and that's how it should stay. Hell, most of us within LSF actually kind of almost sort of in a way like NoR now days.

:wub: Nikanor

Edited by Ayatollah Bromeini

[quote name='Conformist Maryland' timestamp='1310787514' post='2757008']
:facepalm:

Just join your protector if you're after a German-themed alliance, you don't have to make a separate AA.

TGE was a terrible alliance to begin with, no need to bring it back.
[/quote]
You would kind of be the authority on terrible alliances.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1311096978' post='2759329']Right. Because no one in the Reich has ever crossed that line or did anything that warrented the CNleft to look upon them with the disgust that many of us did. [url="http://i54.tinypic.com/fkv95z.jpg"]Ever.[/url]
[/quote]
Did you uh.....read his theories on that? I think he was joking if you put everything outside of the red circle into context. You're doing what the media is famous for.

[quote name='Vladimir Nikanor' timestamp='1311097378' post='2759339']
Did you uh.....read his theories on that? I think he was joking if you put everything outside of the red circle into context. You're doing what the media is famous for.
[/quote]
Maybe he should get a job at Aftenposten, it would be free publicity for Nordreich all over again. :awesome:

[quote name='Vladimir Nikanor' timestamp='1311097378' post='2759339']
[/quote]

And that may very well be the case (maybe. Didn't come off as a joke to me. Or atleast, not a funny one.) Thing is, it's completely irrelevant now. As is (well, as I THOUGHT) that the old LSF drama that Zog so kindly brought up, despite that too being proven to be nothing of real concern due to it's nature.

It's hypocritical for either side to try and paint the other in a negative light, because I don't thing either of us were too innocent. I just don't appriciate LSF being brought into this despite not a single LSF member comming out and bashing NoR, or even slightly provoking them.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1311048757' post='2758958']
My point was that we were willing to put all of that behind us. We tried to meet INT and others half-way. But it was never good enough for them. Having taken part in a witch-hunt wasn't enough to satisfy their bruised feelings. No, we were supposed to walk around in hair shirts, never raising our heads out of shame for all we've done.

Well to hell with that. Nothing NoR/NoV did to INT, ICP, LSF, TGE or any other alliance comes even close to the war of extermination that was launched and that succeeded in driving so many people away for good. [OOC]To take it a step further, NoR/NoV's actions were always IC. The war INT took part in was directed at players, not 'nation rulers'.[/OOC]

Still not satisfied? Alright then.

I challenge you to find anything NoR/NoV did that was anything even remotely close to [url="http://z3.invisionfree.com/LSF/index.php?showtopic=5419"]this[/url] or [url="http://z3.invisionfree.com/LSF/index.php?showtopic=1289"]this[/url].

There really is no comparison.

Nice try, though.
[/quote]

And the old NoR/NoV had RL fascists in it. NoR dealed with these problems and moved on. LSF ( dident you ban them from RL ATA ) has also changed in the past 4 years. NoV kept LSF at war for 9 months and tried to drive them out of the game.

[quote name='VladimirLenin' timestamp='1311077140' post='2759174']
[/quote]

Well considering the old TGEand what they stood for, I will say this is a good thing

[quote name='Soviet Limburg' timestamp='1311083551' post='2759216']
Oh, are we bringing up the hacked LSF forum again? Yeah, totally trustworthy source there.

Try again.
[/quote]

So you are denying any of this activity occurred?

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1311096978' post='2759329']
Wow, ok, people are still bringing back up the fact that the LSF forums were hacked as evidence of our "bluring of OOC and IC" aspects? That's just downright dishonest. If you knew any of the people in those threads, you would know that is not how those people are. At all. Nice try, though[/quote]

People bringing up stuff from the past and not moving on, Nordreich never deals with that :rolleyes:

I don't know those people in question but I did read [i]their[/i] words.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1311096978' post='2759329']

Right. Because no one in the Reich has ever crossed that line or did anything that warrented the CNleft to look upon them with the disgust that many of us did. [url="http://i54.tinypic.com/fkv95z.jpg"]Ever.[/url]

That all being said, no one in the LSF, or in INT has any stong feelings against NoR. Like Craig has said time and time again, if there is anything left between the CNleft and the CNright, it's more of a friendly rivalry, and that's how it should stay. Hell, most of us within LSF actually kind of almost sort of in a way like NoR now days[/quote]

In no way is your comparison on the same level, nice try though. I have no doubt that both the left and NoR looked upon each other with disgust but I don't recall anyone from NoR taking it [i]OOC[/]to suggest causing harm to other people. I do agree with you that in today's CN we do have more of a friendly rivalry and I am at least pleased with that.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1311052877' post='2759018']
[i]Wow[/i], what filth. And the CN left sits there on their high horses talking about the "evils" of NoR. I had no idea this existed - needless to say, I'll be steering clear of LSF...
[/quote]
No need. None of those people are still in LSF and LSF is currently a respectable alliance.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1311097859' post='2759343']
And that may very well be the case (maybe. Didn't come off as a joke to me. Or atleast, not a funny one.) Thing is, it's completely irrelevant now. As is (well, as I THOUGHT) that the old LSF drama that Zog so kindly brought up, despite that too being proven to be nothing of real concern due to it's nature.

It's hypocritical for either side to try and paint the other in a negative light, because I don't thing either of us were too innocent. I just don't appriciate LSF being brought into this despite not a single LSF member comming out and bashing NoR, or even slightly provoking them.
[/quote]
I have to agree here with the comments about LSF. I think you might be misinterpreting it though, as more of an example of what happened in the past not what LSF is currently all about. Not to say that others aren't taking it the wrong way as well. The past is the past.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote]So you are denying any of this activity occurred?[/quote]

He is, because it didn't.

There were those within the LSF and NoV that wished to see things escalate between the two, and were willing to go the extra mile to ensure that it happened. This is a perfect example of this. (It's especially funny because a few of the people in those screenshots are, in reality, extremly pacifist, and would absolutely never advocate such things. Anyone of you are welcome to come by our forums and talk to those people, where you would then see that they're not like this at all)

As I said, the levels of animosity back then were very high on both ends, but no one did, nor would they ever advocate [OOC] Real life harm on someone over their ingame character. In game harm over real life character? Again, some people on both sides didn't like the other for purely ideological reasons, but never the former. [/OOC]

Why did OOC nonsense even get mentioned? This whole matter has nothing OOC about it.

The fact is despite NoR thinking that TGE was simply INT's excuse to get under your skin, there were real friendships between our members, some of which continue. They may have been a crappy alliance but they were our crappy alliance, and we put up with it not because it aggravated NoR but because we didn't want to walk out on a friend. This isn't about some old grudge, its about TGE and what it has been turned into.

[quote name='Baron Terror' timestamp='1311118401' post='2759504'] They may have been a crappy alliance but they were our crappy alliance,
[/quote]

I'm thinking this doesn't sound as good when you say it out loud as it did when you first thought about it.