New Sith Order Announcement

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok let's take a look, since this seems to be yammering on a bit...

[b]Legion[/b]

235 nations, 5.159 mill NS, Peace Mode - 10, 48 WRCs, 97 MPs, 1454 Nukes, Nations with 10k+ tech - 0, Nations with 100k+ NS - 3

MDoAP - Invicta, NADC, NATO, NpO
MADP - NPO

[b]NSO[/b]

117 nations, 1.758 mill NS, Peace Mode - 0, 14 WRCs, 30 MPs, 559 Nukes, Nations with 10k+ tech - 0, Nations with 100k+ NS - 0

MDPs - Exodus, Phoenix Rising, Carpe Diem, Atlantic Sphere Union, The Phoenix Federation

On paper, Legion should make NSO its war trophy. In reality (where it matters) Legion and its allies are coming off long war where their middle and lower ranks were pretty badly punished. Put with that however NSO's past record of taking stands and writing checks it can't cash and I'm left wondering why the shooting hasn't started already.

Legion, if you don't have military commanders that have the necessary intestinal fortitude to conduct [s]aggressive[/s] any war, please stop by Valhalla's forums for a conversation. I'm a retired general and all, but I'm pretty sure Levi, Bud, and I can [s]loan you a few sets of gonads[/s] get you straightened out in a few weeks and well on the way to being a real alliance again.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1309873442' post='2749335']

Legion, if you don't have military commanders that have the necessary intestinal fortitude to conduct [s]aggressive[/s] any war, please stop by Valhalla's forums for a conversation. I'm a retired general and all, but I'm pretty sure Levi, Bud, and I can [s]loan you a few sets of gonads[/s] get you straightened out in a few weeks and well on the way to being a real alliance again.
[/quote]
Looking at how the situation developed both Legion and NSO have insulted each other equally. Both have CBs. It's just a matter if either alliance believes it is worth going to war over. Neither seem to believe so at this point. NSO can post all they want. It gains them nothing. You should point out the fact that NSO will do nothing despite their government member being "slandered". Chairmanhal, please lend some of your gonads to NSO. NSO can only do their fighting in posting mode. Nothing would give me more personal pleasure than fighting for Legion.

New question: Why does Legion have 10 members in Peace Mode when they're at peace? Honest question now... forget the jokes. I'm legit confused as to why they do. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img]

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1309873442' post='2749335']
[/quote]

Heh, so are you willing to take Legion under your tutelage once again? How did being allied to them turn out? :P

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1309873694' post='2749336']
Roll NSO.
[/quote]

Been waitin' all thread for you to say this :D

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1309878044' post='2749355']
New question: Why does Legion have 10 members in Peace Mode when they're at peace? Honest question now... forget the jokes. I'm legit confused as to why they do. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img]
[/quote]

old habits die hard.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1309878044' post='2749355']
[/quote]
Most are very tiny nations. It's not uncommon for new nation leaders to establish their nations in peace mode. These nations are below 1k strength. You can look around in other large alliances and find very small nations in peace mode. MHA for example has 13 peace mode nations. GOONS has 7 peace mode nations.

Edited by Jaiar

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1309877624' post='2749351']
Looking at how the situation developed both Legion and NSO have insulted each other equally. Both have CBs. It's just a matter if either alliance believes it is worth going to war over. Neither seem to believe so at this point. NSO can post all they want. It gains them nothing. You should point out the fact that NSO will do nothing despite their government member being "slandered". Chairmanhal, please lend some of your gonads to NSO. NSO can only do their fighting in posting mode. Nothing would give me more personal pleasure than fighting for Legion.[/quote]

NSO is doing absolute and permanent damage to Legion's already very shaky rep (actually they're classic underachievers, but that's another conversation). NSO doesn't need to fire a single shot in doing so, why not keep it up? It's costing them nothing.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1309878584' post='2749359']
Heh, so are you willing to take Legion under your tutelage once again? How did being allied to them turn out? :P[/quote]

Who said anything about Valhalla being allied to Legion? Think mercenary commanders or viceroys. :smug:

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1309877624' post='2749351']
Looking at how the situation developed both Legion and NSO have insulted each other equally. Both have CBs. It's just a matter if either alliance believes it is worth going to war over. Neither seem to believe so at this point. NSO can post all they want. It gains them nothing. You should point out the fact that NSO will do nothing despite their government member being "slandered". Chairmanhal, please lend some of your gonads to NSO. NSO can only do their fighting in posting mode. Nothing would give me more personal pleasure than fighting for Legion.
[/quote]

You really don't know what you're talking about do you? We don't have a CB on Legion, but apparently Legion has one on us.

So why do we have to declare on Legion to get their war going? I really don't remember fools like you when I was in NPO for almost 2 years.

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1309880365' post='2749385']
You really don't know what you're talking about do you? We don't have a CB on Legion, but apparently Legion has one on us.

So why do we have to declare on Legion to get their war going? I really don't remember fools like you when I was in NPO for almost 2 years.
[/quote]
Another NSOer that doesn't know the meaning of casus belli. Then please, attack Legion so I can have the personal pleasure of casus foederis.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1309880690' post='2749391']
Another NSOer that doesn't know the meaning of casus belli. Then please, attack Legion so I can have the personal pleasure of casus foederis.
[/quote]
We're damaging Legion already, there is no need for us to declare an aggressive war when, as Hal said, we can do it without any cost.

[spoiler]
You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of HomeLands. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:

Desired Religion: None
Desired Government: Transitional
Threat Level: Low
Tax Rate: 28%
Number of Spies: 0
Last Nuke Purchase: None
Last Wonder Purchase: None
Total Money: $18,097,645
Technology: 0.00 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 7/2/2011 1:10:54 PM
Trade Partners: Pleasure Island, Pekayon RockZ, Abrakadabra, one Della Gufi, Conformia
Secret Aid Sent To: None
Total Aircraft: 0
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 0
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 0
Navy Purchases Today: 0
Navy Vessels:
Corvettes: 0
Landing Ships: 0
Battleships: 0
Cruisers: 0
Frigates: 0
Destroyers: 0
Submarines: 0
Aircraft Carriers: 0

Your spies returned home unharmed and unidentified.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of Weebland. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:

Desired Religion: Confucianism
Desired Government: Communist
Number of Spies: 25
Total Money: $21,292,024
Last Bill Payment: 7/2/2011 12:29:41 PM
Trade Partners: Awesomeland, WishyWashyWorld, The Stomping Foot, vacous
Navy Vessels:

[/spoiler]

How strange, these reports just landed in my lap.

I hope you catch the person responsible for spying on you NSO!

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1309884786' post='2749446']

[/quote]
You already spied Weebland Damsky :P

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1309884826' post='2749448']
NSO wants an apology for hurt feelings? Now I've seen everything.
[/quote]

Nah Letum - there's no feelings involved at all.

They ill-willingly chose Varianz as the target of their accusations. A witch hunt as I've been referring to it the past couple days in the drama the followed.

The apology was an offer of exchange.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1309885019' post='2749453']
You already spied Weebland Damsky :P
[/quote]

I have never spied Weebland, the Defender of Legion did. Perhaps he wished to spy on him twice to show that his pitiful intelligence agencies have not improved.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1309885174' post='2749456']
Nah Letum - there's no feelings involved at all.
[/quote]

That is not the way of the Dark Side. To deny your rage means denying the power it gives you. It means denying the truth.

You two could just go for a 1v1 and settle this.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1309884786' post='2749446']
[spoiler]
You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of HomeLands. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:

Desired Religion: None
Desired Government: Transitional
Number of Spies: 0
Total Money: $18,097,645
Last Bill Payment: 7/2/2011 1:10:54 PM
Trade Partners: Pleasure Island, Pekayon RockZ, Abrakadabra, one Della Gufi, Conformia
Navy Vessels:

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of Weebland. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:

Desired Religion: Confucianism
Desired Government: Communist
Number of Spies: 25
Total Money: $21,292,024
Last Bill Payment: 7/2/2011 12:29:41 PM
Trade Partners: Awesomeland, WishyWashyWorld, The Stomping Foot, vacous
Navy Vessels:

[/spoiler]

[/quote]

:(( Roll Damsky

but well, at least those spy reports are flattering ;)

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1309880690' post='2749391']
[/quote]

Slander is not a casus belli. Legion has the "CB" against us, no matter how false it may be. I'm sorry, but how do you not understand that?

[quote name='alyster' timestamp='1309882676' post='2749418']
And now suddenly NSO speaks of freedom of speech and information, what a load of BS. Poor show NSO, Legion should just roll you.
[/quote]

When have we not been for freedom of speech and information? I'm pretty damn sure we haven't had a single muzzle on our members since our foundation, and in fact we have always promoted freedom of thought. I'd love to see Legion roll us. That won't happen, though.