New Sith Order Announcement

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of the petty 'i have bigger muscles than you' fighting between NSO and Legion;

Did NSO just support what seems to be spying [size="1"](masked as 'freedom of information')[/size] AND try to take the moral high ground?

Just a bit greedy.

PS. It's [s]kinda[/s] sad if you're insecure enough about your alliance that you get to this point from fighting about 'who's better'.

Edited by Frederico Rodriguez

[quote name='Frederico Rodriguez' timestamp='1310142244' post='2752562']
Regardless of the petty 'i have bigger muscles than you' fighting between NSO and Legion;

Did NSO just support what seems to be clearly unethical spying masked as 'freedom of information' AND try to take the moral high ground?

Just a bit greedy.
[/quote]

You assume that we guide ourselves by any code of ethics.

[quote name='Frederico Rodriguez' timestamp='1310143535' post='2752577']
Admittedly i play 'glass half full'. Nice to play with some sort of class...
[/quote]

Yes, and look at the heights your alliance has scaled following such a philosophy. Keep moralizing, see how far it gets you.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1310088791' post='2751853']
So feel free to order someone to attack me. GOONS has plenty of "welterweights".
[/quote]

And I'm not one of them, they're not under my command, and technically I can't order an attack unless we're at war. You'll have to take it up with Sard. EROTIC Company is not really a mercenary/free company type of organization.

Also. C'mon. Who is it?

Did NSO just support what seems to be spying [size="1"](masked as 'freedom of information')[/size] AND try to take the moral high ground?

Just a bit greedy.
[/quote]

Our journalistic integrity in providing a secure venue for sources wishing to reveal shocking information is, as in other worlds, unquestionable. We also then condense this information into a programmable format that is easily consumable to the mass public, currently receiving 4 times the ratings of our 2nd place competitor, MOGNews.

Just a bit greedy.

PS. It's [s]kinda[/s] sad if you're insecure enough about your alliance that you get to this point from fighting about 'who's better'.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I will give you my personal assurances that no NSO member has been spying on Legion. If you are not convinced, so be it, as I will not waste my time trying to make you think otherwise. There is no proof that NSO supports espionage, and all accusations are baseless.

OOC: How do you like my new sig?[/color]

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1310150373' post='2752699']
And I'm not one of them, they're not under my command, and technically I can't order an attack unless we're at war. You'll have to take it up with Sard. EROTIC Company is not really a mercenary/free company type of organization.

Also. C'mon. Who is it?
[/quote]

Why would I take it up with Sardonic? My alliance's nations secrets aren't being thrown out on the OWF.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1310153464' post='2752740']
[color="#0000FF"]I will give you my personal assurances that no NSO member has been spying on Legion. If you are not convinced, so be it, as I will not waste my time trying to make you think otherwise. There is no proof that NSO supports espionage, and all accusations are baseless.

OOC: How do you like my new sig?[/color]
[/quote]
Rv, just declare on The Legion already. I WANNA SEE SOME BLOOD!!!! :war:

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking from a legal standpoint you cannot harbor, protect, or take information from spies and NOT support spying. Whether they be your nations or not, by assisting those that are spying you are assisting in committing a crime. It is much like harboring a fugitive... interestingly you not only do so, but you do so and brag about it very publicly.

Out of curiosity is this a selfless principle coming from NSO? Isn't it sort of against the NSO philosophy to hold principles that bring little to no gain and hold a great deal of danger? It seems less self serving and more like holding a bomb whose timer has stopped, but you think you can still hear ticking.

[quote name='Libera' timestamp='1311431654' post='2762076']
Speaking from a legal standpoint you cannot harbor, protect, or take information from spies and NOT support spying. Whether they be your nations or not, by assisting those that are spying you are assisting in committing a crime. It is much like harboring a fugitive... interestingly you not only do so, but you do so and brag about it very publicly. [/quote]
[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1309815759' post='2748685']
The New Sith Order does not condone spying [b]by her members on foreign alliances[/b]. However much like many other alliances out there we feel that freedom of information is an important ideal to hold.
[/quote]

[quote]Out of curiosity is this a selfless principle coming from NSO? Isn't it sort of against the NSO philosophy to hold principles that bring little to no gain and hold a great deal of danger? It seems less self serving and more like holding a bomb whose timer has stopped, but you think you can still hear ticking.
[/quote]

Knowledge is power; we gain knowledge we gain power. This holds to our philosophy of gain. We hold no false pretenses of who we are, and those that deliver said information to us know quite well also.