New Sith Order Announcement

[quote name='Left_Behind' timestamp='1309827504' post='2748904']
You are assuming that we are lying just because we have released reports that it makes us the spied. You might want to start looking for some real proof that we spied before you create an opinion of the situation because we all know what assumptions do, makes an ass out of you and me.
[/quote]

I didn't say you were lying, I was saying considering the precedent of lying within planet bob and the fact NSO in itself is devious and unpredictable in its dealings. People are naturally not going to believe what you are saying.

Also due to the fact that you keep releasing the information is becoming more of a issue for Legion then the actual spying considering at this time they cannot stop it.

If you cannot stop the source of information, then stop the flow of information is the next thought.

Edited by nutkase

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1309826753' post='2748894']
I believe that the situation is funny, not I. [b]Learn to read and process correctly.[/b]

Telling me to shut up, [b]weird coming out of a member from [s]a[/s] AN alliance[/b] advocating freedom of speech within this very thread. I among a lot of other people dislike certain alliances and/or people, [b]yet you[/b] don't see the same amount of dedication that NSO is currently displaying.

Also for the future, learn to rebuttal rather [s]then[/s]THAN a NO U comment.
[/quote]

First of all, go ahead and master using proper grammar before telling people to learn how to read and process information. Also, telling someone to learn not to use "NO U" comments in a post that utilizes multiple "NO U" comments is a bit detrimental to the point you were attempting make.

[quote]Telling me to shut up is trying to pressure someone into censoring what they say, therefor basic denial of freedom of speech.[/quote]

Telling someone to shut up is using freedom of speech to tell someone to shut up. It's like a paradox. It's not worth arguing.

Edited by Chief Black Hawk

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1309827865' post='2748907']
Spineless coward, hmm considering its coming from a alliance sitting back claiming their hatred for Legion, yet don't actually move against them. I have come up agaisnt enemy and made the first move, so who is the real spineless coward?

If NSO does not care about public appearance, then why are you hear posting comment after comment and continuing this brinkmanship with Legion, if you had no care for PR then why not just straight out attack Legion?

Telling me to shut up is trying to pressure someone into censoring what they say, therefor basic denial of freedom of speech.
[/quote]

Bout time. You took your sweet time writing.

Apparently in your book, attacking an alliance without a casus belli is how to prove bravery. If they think they have one, they can come at us. I guess courage and stupidity are synonyms in your book.

As for NSO, we post because we have the joy of talking to misinformed people such as yourself, who rely on their assumptions rather than reality. PR? Really? I think you're over-analyzing a really simple situation.

As for telling someone to shut up, I don't see how anyone would see that as a problem; he simply doesn't want to hear the garbage you spew from your mouth, and he's in his right to say so. You're desperately trying to make a simple "shut up" the equivalent of a human rights infringement.

And why?

Because that's completely the only way you're able to argue. The only thing you're doing here is trying to find a contradiction, one that doesn't exist in reality, but one you desperately want to see for yourself.

Just look at your previous post. All three lines were attempts to make us appear contradictory.

EDIT:
[quote]
Also considering NSO is asking for a apology, what happens if you don't get it?

You going to "do something about it"? [/quote]

Considering an apology was the basis for us to do what Legion wanted (encourage our members to stop posting other people's spy reports and making fun of Legion), I'd say we're probably either going to keep making fun of them, or lose interest now.

Edited by 2burnt2eat

[quote name='Chief Black Hawk' timestamp='1309828175' post='2748911']
First of all, go ahead and master using proper grammar before telling people to learn how to read and process information. Also, telling someone to learn not to use "NO U" comments in a post that utilizes multiple "NO U" comments is a bit detrimental to the point you were attempting make.

Telling someone to shut up is using freedom of speech to tell someone to shut up. It's like a paradox. It's not worth arguing.
[/quote]

This is not English Class. Your response to his argument is that he has grammatical errors... In your own words "Do something about it."

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1309828185' post='2748912']
Thinking out lout here, but would it matter who spied on Legion if NSO is spreading the report around?
[/quote]

This

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1309828284' post='2748915']
Also considering NSO is asking for a apology, what happens if you don't get it?

You going to "do something about it"?
[/quote]

And this.

[quote name='2burnt2eat' timestamp='1309827156' post='2748901']
And no, telling someone to shut up does not infringe on freedom of speech, and is funny as Devos comparing leaking CN spy reports to murder.
[/quote]

It's worse than murder, it's at least two murders if we are comparing heinous acts.

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1309828404' post='2748918']
This is not English Class. Your response to his argument is that he has grammatical errors... In your own words "Do something about it."
[/quote]

I'm not one for pointing out grammatical errors. However, if someone's going to base an argument on the fact that we can't read, I am certainly well within my right to ask him to make himself more clear by presenting his "argument" properly. He took a shot at us about reading comprehension first. I don't feel bad about making fun of the fact that he can't write in English.

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1309828404' post='2748918']
[/quote]

And this is not a gymnastics class where you compete to see whose most adept at avoiding arguments that punch gaping holes into yours.

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1309828539' post='2748921']
It's worse than murder, it's at least two murders if we are comparing heinous acts.
[/quote]

Well, I smiled ;)

You know back in the days of Q a Legion member was harrasing one of ours in TPF. I payed a visit to Legion let them know that if said member made one more offensive comment towards our member that he would be attacked and Zid. Legion said we will defend our member if attacked, very brave and all. I said, I do not care about the treaty web, or breaking Q. I made it clear. If they defended him then I would burn Legion to the ground. Legions response? None, they ran to NPO and had them come to me. I made my position clear again and that Legion member kept his yap shut. I expect at this point Legion is doing the same, running to NPO and making sure its members keep quiet. Its interesting that I am now allied to NSO and so is TPF.

[quote name='Chief Black Hawk' timestamp='1309829107' post='2748927']
I'm not one for pointing out grammatical errors. However, if someone's going to base an argument on the fact that we can't read, I am certainly well within my right to ask him to make himself more clear by presenting his "argument" properly. He took a shot at us about reading comprehension first. I don't feel bad about making fun of the fact that he can't write in English.
[/quote]

Well if it means that much to you that he made a grammatical error, then by all means go for it. Im gonna withdraw from this conversation now, it went from arguing about spying to arguing about who completed English 101.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1309829228' post='2748931']
You know back in the days of Q a Legion member was harrasing one of ours in TPF. I payed a visit to Legion let them know that if said member made one more offensive comment towards our member that he would be attacked and Zid. Legion said we will defend our member if attacked, very brave and all. I said, I do not care about the treaty web, or breaking Q. I made it clear. If they defended him then I would burn Legion to the ground. Legions response? None, they ran to NPO and had them come to me. I made my position clear again and that Legion member kept his yap shut. I expect at this point Legion is doing the same, running to NPO and making sure its members keep quiet. Its interesting that I am now allied to NSO and so is TPF.
[/quote]

... Ok so anyways...

Edited by Rotavele

[quote name='2burnt2eat' timestamp='1309828387' post='2748917']
Bout time. You took your sweet time writing.

Apparently in your book, attacking an alliance without a casus belli is how to prove bravery. If they think they have one, they can come at us. I guess courage and stupidity are synonyms in your book.

As for NSO, we post because we have the joy of talking to misinformed people such as yourself, who rely on their assumptions rather than reality. PR? Really? I think you're over-analyzing a really simple situation.

As for telling someone to shut up, I don't see how anyone would see that as a problem; he simply doesn't want to hear the garbage you spew from your mouth, and he's in his right to say so. You're desperately trying to make a simple "shut up" the equivalent of a human rights infringement.

And why?

Because that's completely the only way you're able to argue. The only thing you're doing here is trying to find a contradiction, one that doesn't exist in reality, but one you desperately want to see for yourself.

Just look at your previous post. All three lines were attempts to make us appear contradictory.
[/quote]

I like to take my time ^_^

CB's are the reasoning of going to war, you have quite a few against Legion to use if you are willing. (especially the latest one of claiming a NSO member spied) Why not press the big red button yourself if so keen for a conflict?

I assume nothing, as it's dangerous and can lead to errors of judgement, I believe I never claimed that I assumed NSO actually did the spying. If he feels like he does not want to read what I wrote then he is free to leave this thread and not continue to read it. While he may have some right to tell me to stop it, there is more right in me claiming my freedom to say whatever I damn well say.

I don't need to find contradictions when there is many so available especially with NSO trying to annoy Legion to the point of declaration, yet seem hesitant in doing the same thing when a member of NSO government is accused of something that a lot of people seem worthy of open conflict.

[quote name='Chief Black Hawk' timestamp='1309829107' post='2748927']
[/quote]

What I pointed out was not in fact grammatical error, but twisting my words to suit his response.

I would be the first one to admit my grammar is not perfect.

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1309829247' post='2748932']
Well if it means that much to you that he made a grammatical error, then by all means go for it. Im gonna withdraw from this conversation now, it went from arguing about spying to arguing about who completed English 101.
[/quote]

He didn't make one grammatical error. His post was a train wreck. Like I said, he took the first pot shot at our ability to read. I'm only following the direction you guys are leading the argument. Sorry I interrupted the great debate going on here. Here, I believe he left off at, "Learn to read. I'm stupid? NO U comments are stupid. U are stupid for using them."

Please continue...

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1309829286' post='2748934']
I like to take my time ^_^

CB's are the reasoning of going to war, you have quite a few against Legion to use if you are willing. (especially the latest one of claiming a NSO member spied) Why not press the big red button yourself if so keen for a conflict?

I assume nothing, as it's dangerous and can lead to errors of judgement, I believe I never claimed that I assumed NSO actually did the spying. If he feels like he does not want to read what I wrote then he is free to leave this thread and not continue to read it. While he may have some right to tell me to stop it, there is more right in me claiming my freedom to say whatever I damn well say.

I don't need to find contradictions when there is many so available especially with NSO trying to annoy Legion to the point of declaration, yet seem hesitant in doing the same thing when a member of NSO government is accused of something that a lot of people seem worthy of open conflict.
[/quote]

CBs are reasons for war? Did you even think that through? If I wanted resources, money, or land, it does not justify invading a country simply for those reasons. And a CB is just that: a justification. Do you seriously think we could justify hitting Legion out of the blue because they're saying things we don't like? As for the spying, yes NSO has been spied multiple times these past couple days, but we're not throwing a hissyfit over it and we aren't randomly accusing people of doing it [i]because we don't have proof[/i](except Damsky in good fun). If Legion would follow our example, it would be to their benefit.

And no !@#$ you can say what you want. Apparently that only applies to you, and he in contrast has to leave the thread instead of say what he feels.

For someone that finds so many contradictions, I have seen zero that were actually true.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1309815759' post='2748685']
The New Sith Order does not condone spying by her members on foreign alliances.
[/quote]

Nonetheless you condone, applaud and help to divulge spying when they are done by others.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1309829712' post='2748940']
Nonetheless you condone, applaud and help to divulge spying when they are done by others.
[/quote]

Haha, yes, in the same sense that any news station that reports what Julian Assange uncovers are dastardly criminals as well.

[quote name='2burnt2eat' timestamp='1309829693' post='2748939']
CBs are reasons for war? Did you even think that through? If I wanted resources, money, or land, it does not justify invading a country simply for those reasons.
[/quote]

Fascinating since tech raiding is a common and widely used practice.

Also yes I agree with you in the sense of how NSO acted when being spied as that is the same course of action I would take until I had hard evidence. Legion can follow any course of action it feels like though even if it leads to a negative outcome.

I think you fail to see while I disagree with what actions NSO has followed, does not mean I automatically agree with the actions of Legion and their accusations with what is seems very very weak evidence.

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='2burnt2eat' timestamp='1309829896' post='2748943']
Haha, yes, in the same sense that any news station that reports what Julian Assange uncovers are dastardly criminals as well.
[/quote]

I don't know this man you are talking about, is his gov in some alliance?

[b]Legion[/b] please take advice from these famous words, they are very relevant to your situation.

[quote]War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
-John Stuart Mill-[/quote]

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1309830197' post='2748949']
Fascinating since tech raiding is a common and widely used practice.

Also yes I agree with you in the sense of how NSO acted when being spied as that is the same course of action I would take until I had hard evidence. Legion can follow any course of action it feels like though even if it leads to a negative outcome.

I think you fail to see while I disagree with what actions NSO has followed, does not mean I automatically agree with the actions of Legion and their accusations with what is seems very very weak evidence.
[/quote]

Haha, so I have a CB on you if I wanted some cash?

Probably would turn out just as profitable to me as a techraid would, and those I only support because it would be terrible if people were not driven into joining alliances. And if it wasn't profitable, a reason for war even loses its worth by a completely shortsighted logical standpoint.

As for the rest of your stance, that's acceptable with me.

edit:

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1309830403' post='2748953']
I don't know this man you are talking about, is his gov in some alliance?
[/quote]

No, he's part of a prevalent CN fairy tale that I'm sure most CNers would know.

Edited by 2burnt2eat

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1309829712' post='2748940']
[/quote]

That is correct and I am an NSO government member in case you were wondering.