Peace in our Time - Weaboo Edition

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the DoE thread:
[quote name='Fakir' timestamp='1308626030' post='2736452']
This war will not end until every New Sakura Order nation has been dealt a swift punishment. Running to peace mode only delays and will destroy your friends around you. We will bleed you dry during and after this war is complete. Poignant that Elrich and Tohru run to peace mode like the cowards they are instead of standing to fight like their Empress. Sayonara NsO. Really. :awesome:
[/quote]

What happened to this?
I'm disappointed. I'd hoped you'd both disband from this. Oh well, I'll just wait for next month and more of the same.

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1308723587' post='2738276']
Hypocrisy. Anyways, worst PR-disaster of 2011 yet. But we still have 6 months ago, so I hope there will be some new little gems on the boards soon.
[/quote]
I'm not sure about that. They are going up against NEW, Sparta, DH, and CSN for most bawwed about decisions of the year. That's a tight race.

Must not unravel treaty ball. Check.

SOS gets a sucker punch in with little consequence. Check.

I agree with Schatt, they actually came out of this pretty decently. How often do you get to blitz someone's protectorate for basically nothing and get away with 0 reps?

Heck, NSO got rolled for aiding one nation at war with a RoK protectorate. But that had no treaty web implications, so it was a prosecutable war. This one, not so much.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1308773409' post='2738530']
I agree with Schatt, they actually came out of this pretty decently. How often do you get to blitz someone's protectorate for basically nothing and get away with 0 reps?
[/quote]

Everytime someone brings up that point all I can think is [url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/NSO-RAD_War]NSO did it better[/url]

[quote name='Vladisvok Destino' timestamp='1308774111' post='2738539']
Everytime someone brings up that point all I can think is [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/NSO-RAD_War"]NSO did it better[/url]
[/quote]

I'm tempted to say that's a bit more of a solid cd.

Tempted.

[quote name='Vladisvok Destino' timestamp='1308774111' post='2738539']
Everytime someone brings up that point all I can think is [url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/NSO-RAD_War]NSO did it better[/url]
[/quote]
NSO: doing it better since 2009 :smug:

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1308773409' post='2738530']
SOS gets a sucker punch in with little consequence. Check.

[/quote]

I would disagree that the SOS Brigade got away with few consequences. Just because they did not have to pay reps does not mean there were not serious consequences to their actions.

Personally I find reparations to be fairly useless. In general they do not serve as a deterrent to future action because reps simply generates more hatred. And while some may say the hatred between SOS and NsO was already at maximum, in my experience people who hate can always find room to hate just a bit more. Second, NsO, despite the fact that SOS performed a preemptive strike, did not really suffer any damage. I'm fairly sure our weakest nation could rebuild NsO without even touching their reserves. And, finally, I just find reparations to be distasteful. You have defeated your opponent, there is no need to rub their face in it any more.

Whatever spin SOS would like to put on this, the results are obvious to all. No one goes to war simply to return to a status quo that was already in existence. And government interference with another alliance has always been grounds for a war, so you dont really need a treaty stipulation to guarantee that. Likewise the consequences, both political and via public relations, should also be clear. Those will be more subtle but no less tangible than any amount of reps that could be asked for.

This is all, of course, my own personal opinion. And for the sake of any rules lawyers out there, this post is not necessarily an official or unofficial view of my alliance and/or our government, nor that of our allies and friends. It is purely personal. Interpretation of this statement may not be valid in all mental states, some restrictions may apply, please speak with an official Kellorian catgirl for details.

Well that's a shame. I was looking forward to you rolling each other <_<

Edit: NSO backed down in the face of political pressure, too. I don't know how you live with yourselves trying to pull the hard man act over that issue.

Edited by Bob Janova

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1308782450' post='2738699']
Well that's a shame. I was looking forward to you rolling each other <_<

Edit: NSO backed down in the face of political pressure, too. I don't know how you live with yourselves trying to pull the hard man act over that issue.
[/quote]
Which issue? The RAD war was more about reaffirming the precedent of short wars ending in white peace, and the only "backing down" we did over the "poaching" was Ivan saying we shouldn't have insulted the alliances in the messages we sent. And then Heggo went and sent some more messages to a few members of 57th a month later for some reason I never quite figured out.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1308788006' post='2738771']
Which issue? The RAD war was more about reaffirming the precedent of short wars ending in white peace, and the only "backing down" we did over the "poaching" was Ivan saying we shouldn't have insulted the alliances in the messages we sent. And then Heggo went and sent some more messages to a few members of 57th a month later for some reason I never quite figured out.
[/quote]

I sent a bunch of alliances, like the Mafia, Big Top Order, Filipino Heroes, Auric Armada, etc. under Heggo's orders a 'Spy against NSO' recruitment message, had a [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=64793"]fun thread[/url] about it. hehe, fun times.