Final Announcement from Poison Clan and iFOK

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1308104790' post='2731591']
Class.

Also, last I remember, you're no former PC member.
[/quote]
To be fair, Penkala's post wasn't worth the response.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1308155164' post='2731895']
You carry the sins of Poison Clan. A cutesy name change won't alter that fact. It won't be forgotten, ever, until the day you are destroyed, for good.

As far as iFOK is concerned... Well, they never did anything memorable. This is basically a boost in PC's membership as far as I'm concerned. At least those nations are no longer in a vassal state, I guess. Enjoy your time in an actual alliance.
[/quote]
Thank you for your tears. They are delicious.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1308155575' post='2731896']
Surprisingly, I agree with this.
[/quote]
Prior to this, there were only 15 alliances of 200 or more. Seeing as LoSS and GOONS won't be sanctioned due to ANS reasons, it was basically "everyone with 200+ members except Legion is sanctioned." That's pretty boring.

Maybe TPF can keep up the feast or something?

Edited by Max Power

[quote name='greenacres' timestamp='1308168510' post='2731977']
Congratulations to two fine alliances coming together to form what appears to be an even finer alliance.
[/quote]

Thank you for your blessing Greenacres. I hope the new alliance can keep the embers of what you and ChinaTownBus created alive with the new alliance.

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1308207029' post='2732313']
Probably because it happened days ago?
[/quote]

[i]You're so clever.[/i]

This is a great idea. Very happy to see two identical alliances become one entity. Helps all of us etc etc.

But the name and flag? I'm a little disappointed, but at least I don't have to wear it.

Edited by Ironfist

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1308209162' post='2732319']
[i]You're so clever.[/i]

This is a great idea. Very happy to see two identical alliances become one entity. Helps all of us etc etc.

But the name and flag? I'm a little disappointed, but at least I don't have to wear it.
[/quote]

Well there were a few names that wouldn't pass the word filter so we stuck with dissun.

[quote name='Anger' timestamp='1308161080' post='2731926']
To be fair, Penkala's post wasn't worth the response.
[/quote]

In Penkala's defense, he's been a former member of so many alliances how's he supposed to remember whether or not PC was one of them?

[quote name='fant0m' timestamp='1308130268' post='2731799']
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but iFOK were bigger than BAPS before this, PC were around the same size and we both had stronger political ties. Not to mention we both just got out of a hard fought war that BAPS sat out on. Maybe you should take chefjoe up on his offer and merge into Valhalla if you think iFOK/PC were such huge failures.
[/quote]

TOOL was bigger and they failed. Perhaps your mistaken belief that NS means success is why you failed and needed to merge with another alliance.

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1308156570' post='2731900']
Their war-record is pretty decent though, when there is a war they are one of the first to enter and they excel in fighting against superior numbers.
[/quote]
I suppose they did alright for themselves. I'm just saying that, in my eyes at least, this merge lends them far more credibility as a group. I'm trying to be nice here. This is about as good as it gets.

[quote name='fant0m' timestamp='1308130268' post='2731799']
Awww what a nice comment. Maybe you should work on your own alliance "Organization XIII" before worrying about ours. Come back and we can compare alliances in say 6 months? I'm sure you'll have passed us and be sanctioned by then of course.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but iFOK were bigger than BAPS before this, PC were around the same size and we both had stronger political ties. Not to mention we both just got out of a hard fought war that BAPS sat out on. Maybe you should take chefjoe up on his offer and merge into Valhalla if you think iFOK/PC were such huge failures.
[/quote]
So when PC sat a war that was ok but BAPS chooses to sit out because they had no dog in the hunt your going to try and insult them for not playing like you thought they should. As a govt member of Valhalla going on two years now I have never seen an official offer to merge baps in to valhalla. There is no reason to as BAPS has a thriving community. PC and IFOK both seem to have had some problems. PC not so long ago lost some prominent players and IIRC IFOK had some activity issues. So while harsh AEs comment holds water. Your political ties meh thats a matter of opinion. If you should ever try and come after BAPS i think you would find there "Political" ties enough to send you crawling back to mommy. iFOK may have been bigger at the time but Id still take BAPS everyday of the week. They have faced bad odds and fought through it IFOK has yet to be tested in a loosing situation. This is where PC will definatly help they have seasoned veterans from top to bottom. This merge imo is a good one im just curious to see what you will do with it.

Edited by Buds The Man

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1308231692' post='2732385']
So when PC sat a war that was ok but BAPS chooses to sit out because they had no dog in the hunt your going to try and insult them for not playing like you thought they should. As a govt member of Valhalla going on two years now I have never seen an offer to merge baps in to valhalla. There is no reason to as BAPS has a thriving community. PC and IFOK both seem to have had some problems. PC not so long ago lost some prominent players and IIRC IFOK had some activity issues. So while harsh AEs comment holds water. Your political ties meh thats a matter of opinion. If you should ever try and come after BAPS i think you would find there "Political" ties enough to send you crawling back to mommy. iFOK may have been bigger at the time but Id still take BAPS everyday of the week. They have faced bad odds and fought through it IFOK has yet to be tested in a loosing situation. This is where PC will definatly help they have seasoned veterans from top to bottom. This merge imo is a good one im just curious to see what you will do with it.
[/quote]

I love you buds but no, you are dead wrong with this. Both PC and iFOK could survive and be relevant for another 2 years, because we are more relevant than most alliances on planet Bob (not going to argue individual cases). iFOK didn't had any activity problems, I'm not even sure who told you that but its wrong, I think iFOK was at their prime activity wise when we merged. PC was doing fine as well even after that incident where half of their active gov was euhm going fishing, although this idea was already on the table before it. Alterego is claiming that alliances that merge have failed. This might be the case for most mergers as inactive alliances are cluttering together as a last resort thingy but that was not what happened here. Both PC and iFOK were active alliances looking to form an even tighter and bigger alliance. I'm not even going to debate who is the better alliance out of BAPS, Valhalla, iFOK and PC. I think all serve(d) their purpose in this world, the chestpuffing also isn't necessary imo. Nobody is going after BAPS.

As for iFOK's war effort, in the last 2 global wars we fought 7 alliances and we came out victorious. Not saying we didn't got any help but I would say our effectiveness was better than most alliances. I'd put iFOK right after tier 1 hardcore fighting alliances like FOK, Valhalla, NoR, Umb, MK, TOP. I'd say we were on par with those right below that when you consider our alliance setup (a lot of noobs in the lower ranks). Most alliances we fought would agree on that I guess.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1308221680' post='2732349']
TOOL was bigger and they failed. Perhaps your mistaken belief that NS means success is why you failed and needed to merge with another alliance.
[/quote]

What better ways are there to measure success in a nation simulator than military might and political strength.

I fail to see how refusing to join with friends to create something greater and infinitely more interesting in favour of simply staying as you are equals either success or failure. The actions and future path of NG alone will decide whether this was a good decision or not but I disagree that choosing to make that decision instantly equates to failure.

We’ll get to see if your viewpoint is correct over the coming months when if what you’re saying is proven true we’ll see NG fail miserably because 2 piles of fail mixed together just equal an even bigger pile of fail.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1308231692' post='2732385']
So when PC sat a war that was ok but BAPS chooses to sit out because they had no dog in the hunt your going to try and insult them for not playing like you thought they should. As a govt member of Valhalla going on two years now I have never seen an offer to merge baps in to valhalla. There is no reason to as BAPS has a thriving community. PC and IFOK both seem to have had some problems. PC not so long ago lost some prominent players and IIRC IFOK had some activity issues. So while harsh AEs comment holds water. Your political ties meh thats a matter of opinion. If you should ever try and come after BAPS i think you would find there "Political" ties enough to send you crawling back to mommy. iFOK may have been bigger at the time but Id still take BAPS everyday of the week. They have faced bad odds and fought through it IFOK has yet to be tested in a loosing situation. This is where PC will definatly help they have seasoned veterans from top to bottom. This merge imo is a good one im just curious to see what you will do with it.
[/quote]

I apologise if my post wasn’t clear enough to understand but I was not insulting BAPS for sitting out the last war. I know who BAPS are and I know that they are steadfast allies with a fondness for war. I was simply trying to point out strength levels in spite of iFOK and PC just fighting a global war that BAPS did not participate in.

I think your comment on political ties is a little misleading because we all know the outcome of a war where NG ‘went after’ BAPS would depend largely on the validity of the CB. I don’t think there is any situation however where BAPS could send us crawling back to our mommy (Umb? VE?...MK???).

I already know what PC can fight like and I have every faith in my NG brothers from iFOK to perform on the battlefield at a similar level. Give us 6 months and I don’t think any alliance in the game would relish taking us on 1v1.

All of this is trivial really though when looking at the formation of NG. Of course in-game situations were a deciding factor in the decision to merge but I firmly believe that it will work because it is born out of friendship and a similar community/point of view in the hope of creating something great. I do look forward to NG being underestimated though by people thinking we’re nothing but a couple of inactive deadweight alliances simply merging together as a last desperate attempt to avoid falling into oblivion.

Edited by fant0m

I'll agree that both Valhalla and BAPS are commendable alliances, but if you're going to take a !@#$ on our merger because of apparent lack of activity, please by all means continue to think that. It only makes the next war that much more fun for us and less fun for our opponent(s).

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1308085392' post='2731378']
Just wondering you guys going to black or purple.

Either way congrats to PC and IFOK and best of luck
[/quote]
Just to reiterate what i said earlier in the thread.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1308234501' post='2732401']
I love you buds but no, you are dead wrong with this. Both PC and iFOK could survive and be relevant for another 2 years, because we are more relevant than most alliances on planet Bob (not going to argue individual cases). iFOK didn't had any activity problems, I'm not even sure who told you that but its wrong, I think iFOK was at their prime activity wise when we merged. PC was doing fine as well even after that incident where half of their active gov was euhm going fishing, although this idea was already on the table before it. Alterego is claiming that alliances that merge have failed. This might be the case for most mergers as inactive alliances are cluttering together as a last resort thingy but that was not what happened here. Both PC and iFOK were active alliances looking to form an even tighter and bigger alliance. I'm not even going to debate who is the better alliance out of BAPS, Valhalla, iFOK and PC. I think all serve(d) their purpose in this world, the chestpuffing also isn't necessary imo. Nobody is going after BAPS.

As for iFOK's war effort, in the last 2 global wars we fought 7 alliances and we came out victorious. Not saying we didn't got any help but I would say our effectiveness was better than most alliances. I'd put iFOK right after tier 1 hardcore fighting alliances like FOK, Valhalla, NoR, Umb, MK, TOP. I'd say we were on par with those right below that when you consider our alliance setup (a lot of noobs in the lower ranks). Most alliances we fought would agree on that I guess.
[/quote]
Sorry Kriek perhaps it was stickman that was plagued by inactivity if its a untrue statement then I apologize. It was not my intent to say that this had to be done for either IFOK or PC to survive. Both could have gone on if the activity issue for IFOK was wrong. PC would have continued even with out their "Fishing" buddies. As I stated in closing which seem to have been ignored by ZZZ and Buzz was that I thought this was good for both AAs and ill be interested in seeing where you guys go. [size="1"]Do not vote for micheal deroter for purple senate[/size]:P

[quote name='Buzz Lightyear' timestamp='1308236031' post='2732415']
You know better than that Buds, I HIGHLY doubt we would "run back to our mommies" because of BAPS' allies if we stepped to them.
[/quote]
I hope the rest of the world thinks as you do. Should make for some fun in the future.
[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1308236539' post='2732418']
I'll agree that both Valhalla and BAPS are commendable alliances, but if you're going to take a !@#$ on our merger because of apparent lack of activity, please by all means continue to think that. It only makes the next war that much more fun for us and less fun for our opponent(s).
[/quote]
I never took a !@#$ on your merger reread both posts ive made and youll see that I saw it as a positive. Just pointed out AEs point of view in a few more words. As I said to Kriek if I was mistaken about the activity issues then my argument is null as that was its basis. Never said PC was inactive just that it took a hit with the loss of some prominent members and IFOK could fill that void. If you want drama there is plenty out there but please dont try and put words in my mouth or take a stance for me. I can do that on my own thanks.

@ FanTom sorry I read it as a shot towards BAPS but I see what youre getting at now.

Edited by Buds The Man