Final Announcement from Poison Clan and iFOK

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Herro Buds The Man!

I'd just like to chime in and say that I've always had great respect for Duckroll, even if ML attacked my allies (still very ballsy). None of DR's alliances are slackers when it comes to war...none. IRON's military power always > NPO's. Very few blocs can say that. I still remember that long Duckroll'ed pic from a long ago great war (forget which now).

I fought BAPS when I was in TOP and they were one of the few that refused to sign a non-nuke deal with TOP and I greatly respected them for that and loved lobbing nukes at each other. BAPS war record never needs to be questioned. I think it's been addressed and beat to death, but I thought I'd chime in.

[quote name='ArneS' timestamp='1308246642' post='2732518']
>really thinking iFOK was FOK's vassal

:v:
[/quote]
They were. Just like Polaris was, in an ancient era, a vassal state of Pacifica. Just like the Obsidian Entente was an (attempted) vassal state of VE. So too was iFOK established as a vassal state of FOK.

This event is the closest they ever came to becoming more than a vassal state. iFOK never made a name for themselves, they were only ever "that tumor attached to FOK."

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1308250035' post='2732548']
They were. Just like Polaris was, in an ancient era, a vassal state of Pacifica. Just like the Obsidian Entente was an (attempted) vassal state of VE. So too was iFOK established as a vassal state of FOK.

This event is the closest they ever came to becoming more than a vassal state. iFOK never made a name for themselves, they were only ever "that tumor attached to FOK."
[/quote]

Oh you're so cool, calling a dedicated and active community of over a 100 players a 'tumor'. I never knew you could sink that low.

iFOK might have had some help in the early beginnings, but we've been an independent alliance from the start and created our own FA course. We got us a treaty with par example VE, FCO and SLCB.

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1308253070' post='2732590']
Oh you're so cool, calling a dedicated and active community of over a 100 players a 'tumor'. I never knew you could sink that low.

iFOK might have had some help in the early beginnings, but we've been an independent alliance from the start and created our own FA course. We got us a treaty with par example VE, FCO and SLCB.
[/quote]
iFOK was founded for FOK wannabes that didn't speak the native tongue. You didn't have your own direction. It only slightly differed from that of FOK, because you remained an insignificant and negligible speck attached to the hip of an actual, real alliance. Wherever FOK went, you went without question, because you were really just a part of FOK all along. In other words, a vassal state.

If you want to see a real alliance that evolved past being a vassal state, look at Polaris. iFOK never achieved separation, was never able to leave the nest and achieve flight as an independent alliance.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1308259697' post='2732632']You didn't have your own direction. It only slightly differed from that of FOK, because you remained an insignificant and negligible speck attached to the hip of an actual, real alliance.
[/quote]

This is kind of funny considering the same goes for your alliance. Except being attached to the hip of a well-regarded powerful alliance, you're attached to the hip of a turd.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1308259697' post='2732632']
iFOK was founded for FOK wannabes that didn't speak the native tongue. You didn't have your own direction. It only slightly differed from that of FOK, because you remained an insignificant and negligible speck attached to the hip of an actual, real alliance. Wherever FOK went, you went without question, because you were really just a part of FOK all along. In other words, a vassal state.

If you want to see a real alliance that evolved past being a vassal state, look at Polaris. iFOK never achieved separation, was never able to leave the nest and achieve flight as an independent alliance.
[/quote]

You'll have that kind of seperation when your "mother country" and her friends stomp you into the ground.

Vassal state is not really correct. That would imply iFOK was subordinate and under the control of FOK. Meaning, FOK installed their leaders, iFOK made some kind of payment for protection, FA direction was controlled by FOK, etc. This isn't really the case. Sister alliance is the term, really.

Best wishes to Non Grata in their endeavors, btw.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1308261975' post='2732650']
This is kind of funny considering the same goes for your alliance. Except being attached to the hip of a well-regarded powerful alliance, you're attached to the hip of a turd.
[/quote]
That's kind of funny too since I could say the same about your alliance. :rolleyes:

[/quote]
This shows (again) that you have no idea about how the relationship was between iFOK and FOK..

I think iFOK did a lot more to make CN fun than most other alliances. iFOK's greatest accomplishment was probably coming up with the idea of PB and bringing those alliances together. And besides that, it was an active alliance that could fight well and which people loved to be part of. And now all those active people join forces with the active people from PC...it can only lead to great things. B-)

No hard feelings Bud. I just like drama and posting in a topic relevant to my interests for once. If anything, I think it'd be great to catch a query sometime.

[quote name='ArneS' timestamp='1308263628' post='2732661']
This shows (again) that you have no idea about how the relationship was between iFOK and FOK..
[/quote]

It just shows that he hasn't looked in a mirror for the past four years.

post random idiotic stuff here
[/quote]
HEY EVERYBODY! Blackwater is just a vassal state of OBR! Blackwater, what a bunch of losers! They never do anything without OBR. Blackwater are a bunch of OBR wannabees!

It a world where everyone is treatied to everyone is anyone really [i]truly [/i]independent anyway? Doesn't the whole "vassal" thing get old. I could say any alliance is a vassal to another alliance or bloc, just the nature of this things here.

o/GUARD! Probably the last example other than neutrals/indie's who actually weren't tied to anyone......other than each other. :lol1:

Edited by Steve Buscemi

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1308262202' post='2732651']
You'll have that kind of seperation when your "mother country" and her friends stomp you into the ground.
[/quote]
Protip: Pacifica never once raised arms against Polaris in the history of this world, and it was Polaris who attempted to damage relations. Polaris, and Electron Sponge in particular, orchestrated the Unjust War to damage Pacifica's standing in the world.

When Polaris was eventually attacked in the War of the Coalition (By a coalition consisting of alliances other than Pacifica. Here, let me list them: MCXA, TOP, Grämlins, Umbrella, FOK!, RnR, and FARK. Any of those sound familiar?), it was 100% deserved.

But thanks for sharing your utter ignorance of world history with someone who was actually there and participated in events.

I am honestly stunned that someone called MK a 1st tier fighting alliance a page or two ago.

They were terrible this past war if you had anything close to an even tech amount. Riddled with inactivity despite having giant war chests. I fought several that would maybe lob 1 nuke and then just turtle the rest of the war despite them having billion+ dollar war chests.

The change in them from Karma til now was stunning to me.

As for the merger, meh. I am long since over Poison Clan and never cared that much one way or another about iFOK.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1308265965' post='2732683']
Protip: Pacifica never once raised arms against Polaris in the history of this world, and it was Polaris who attempted to damage relations. Polaris, and Electron Sponge in particular, orchestrated the Unjust War to damage Pacifica's standing in the world.

When Polaris was eventually attacked in the War of the Coalition (By a coalition consisting of alliances other than Pacifica. Here, let me list them: MCXA, TOP, Grämlins, Umbrella, FOK!, RnR, and FARK. Any of those sound familiar?), it was 100% deserved.

But thanks for sharing your utter ignorance of world history with someone who was actually there and participated in events.
[/quote]

Way to spaz out and totally misread what I was saying. You said NpO was the only vassal state to go it's own way in this world. I said, well, the WotC probably had a hand in that due to the spectacular curbstomp by all of NPO's allies that still resonates today.

I'm not attacking your overlords, you can relax. I simply inferred that they didn't exactly separate peaceably.

Oh, and I was there, bra.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1308262376' post='2732654']
Simply saying someone is wrong doesn't make them wrong (although I know I am right anyhow -_- )
[/quote]
Simply saying that you're right doesn't make you right, either.