Announcement from the Imperial Assault Alliance

[quote name='Dark Temptation' timestamp='1307939956' post='2730391']
You're saying the Emperor does not represent the alliance? And we're delusional? And need to stop posting?

:lol1:
[/quote]

He may represent the alliance on an official level however this decision was not his, I'm sure it was communicated to TIO that this passed through the democratic halls of IAA's Senate.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're saying the Emperor does not represent the alliance? And we're delusional? And need to stop posting?

[/quote]

I believe he was referring to my previous post DT :P

[/quote]
I hardly see the hilarity in that. The treaty was dropped following democratic procedures. And in fact was a very hotly contested issue in which both sides had much support for. Please refrain from criticism when you do not understand the procedures involved. Also to clarify I never said that the Emperor did NOT represent IAA, I merely said that he is NOT IAA.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1307940188' post='2730394']
He may represent the alliance on an official level however this decision was not his, I'm sure it was communicated to TIO that this passed through the democratic halls of IAA's Senate.
[/quote]

I apologize for not being able to take that seriously.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1307939847' post='2730390']
Then the NpO drop should be soon, considering the indirect connection.
[/quote]

I don't think so, or they would have dropped us when we signed with Legion. There's a difference between being allied with someone allied with NPO and being allied with someone who is allied with someone who is allied with NPO.

And Chimaera love me ^_^

Edit: Also you guys should stop of arguing with each other, you two were allied just a few hours ago, or at least do it via personal messages or mIRC. :P

Edited by D34th

Just to throw some logic out into this mind you I don't really have an opinion for the treaty drop.

IAA drops TIO because TIO is rumored to have a more direct tie to NPO.
IAA - TIO - NPO = To close to NPO for IAA to maintain treaty.

While people say IAA should drop NpO for the same reasons, I start counting connections:
IAA - NpO - Legion - NPO

So when you all start comparing the links down the chains of treaties if IAA maintained it's treaty to TIO then yes they would be closer then their ties with Polar to NPO.
IAA - TIO - NPO

IAA did what they felt their FA and alliance should do to keep what they consider a comfortable distance of being dragged in from a side of Plant Bob they didn't want to be on. Their choice if they are happy with it then congrats on having the sense to maintain that distance.

Go luck to all.

So IAA cancels on TIO for upgrading with NPO. I don't see why anyone finds that wrong. Anyone wanna correct me?

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1307937808' post='2730354']
[b]You should be friends with all of your allies but you shouldn't be allies with all of your friends.[/b] If IAA was concerned with FA direction over friendship they would have cancelled on TIO months ago.
[/quote]

The bolded is so true and more people need to listen to it.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1307937112' post='2730339']
IAA just showed that they treaty based mostly on the opposite numbers allies rather then a friendship between each other.

Also IAA effectively saw that TIO was not going to slave itself out to IAA FA direction, dropped lip and walked away.
[/quote]

Don't be ridiculous. It is completely understandable that IAA don't want to be tied to an alliance who shows such obvious disregard for their history, not to mention that IAA is perhaps the alliance in CN which has most reason to hate NPO (except perhaps FAN) and therefore has no intention of fighting for them.

[quote name='Batallion' timestamp='1307942684' post='2730416']
Excellent move by IAA. Anyone associated with TIO is a fool.
[/quote]
If I recall correctly, weren't you trying to have a clean slate with everyone? You just ruined it with another group.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1307943078' post='2730419']
Don't be ridiculous. It is completely understandable that IAA don't want to be tied to an alliance who shows such obvious disregard for their history, not to mention that IAA is perhaps the alliance in CN which has most reason to hate NPO (except perhaps FAN) and therefore has no intention of fighting for them.
[/quote]

yes because IAA-TIO-NPO is a whole other ball game compared to IAA-NpO-Legion-NPO.

Legion makes a huge difference does it?

[quote name='Dark Temptation' timestamp='1307942921' post='2730417']
And you, my friend, are the Emperor of AcTI.

Boom, roasted. :awesome:
[/quote]
lol Nice one

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1307944570' post='2730427']
yes because IAA-TIO-NPO is a whole other ball game compared to IAA-NpO-Legion-NPO.

Legion makes a huge difference does it?
[/quote]

Actually it does. Polar doesn't have a direct treaty to the alliance that destroyed IAA v1.0. TIO knew how IAA felt about NPO....

[quote name='Conformist Maryland' timestamp='1307945267' post='2730435']
Actually it does. Polar doesn't have a direct treaty to the alliance that destroyed IAA v1.0. TIO knew how IAA felt about NPO....
[/quote]

Ok, lets go down this route. How can something which was done over 4 years ago still be a factor today? For people to hold 4 year old grudges are fools for the reason, they carry the same hate, while the world revolves around them. Sometimes, people just need to be direct with their feeling and stop this game of beating around the bush. If the main reason for the IAA cancellation of the TIO treaty was that TIO was too close to NPO based on OWF announced ODP treaty and IAA still has hate towards NPO, then I personally invite Chimaera to come talk with us (NPO) and for us to talk. If this was not a factor, then please carry on with the back and forth bickering and continued trashing of one or both sides involved in this matter.

Also Mandatory: Do people on Planet Bob always need to find the conspiracy in order to link everything back to the NPO and say it is their fault....?

[quote name='Zeta Defender' timestamp='1307951313' post='2730469']
Ok, lets go down this route. How can something which was done over 4 years ago still be a factor today? For people to hold 4 year old grudges are fools for the reason, they carry the same hate, while the world revolves around them. Sometimes, people just need to be direct with their feeling and stop this game of beating around the bush. If the main reason for the IAA cancellation of the TIO treaty was that TIO was too close to NPO based on OWF announced ODP treaty and IAA still has hate towards NPO, then I personally invite Chimaera to come talk with us (NPO) and for us to talk. If this was not a factor, then please carry on with the back and forth bickering and continued trashing of one or both sides involved in this matter.

Also Mandatory: Do people on Planet Bob always need to find the conspiracy in order to link everything back to the NPO and say it is their fault....?
[/quote]

This is nothing to do with whether NPO are ~objectively dicks~ but it has everything to do with how IAA feels about NPO disbanding them. Chimaera is under absolutely no obligation to ever discuss anything with you ever again. And TIO's ODP wasn't the problem as far as I can tell (although I can't say IAA would have been too pleased by it) but rather the possibility that you were going to upgrade to an MDP.

Honestly, it's rather hypocritical of your alliance to complain about people holding grudges anyway.

Yet NPO has paid a heavy price for its past transgressions, surely it is about time IAA started letting go?. I remember the disbandment very well for I was one of many who was in the process of being ZI'ed by Pacifica in the GATO-1V war and while it was a truly horrible event I would argue NPO has suffered inordinately enough already. I know many of my fellow GATO-1V vets and myself let go of the hate towards Pacifica (for me the Karma war was enough), surely it is about time for those who have not as of yet to do the same?.

Edited by Cataduanes

I'm not sure how you guys can be forced to a decision unless an outside alliance was looking over your soldier making sure you did as they told you, but I like IAA, so I wish you luck moving forward. Good luck to TIO as well.

Edit: Also funny to see posts by some in this thread calling TIO garbage with no basis, while most of them don't know of TIO beyond them being one of the alliances who stood up for their allies in a past war even when it put them on the losing side of the war. As the losing side happened to of been on the opposing side of most of these alliances trying to be hegemony, through encouraging isolation of alliances who treaty anyone they might of wanted to roll in the past and might want to roll again in the future to make sure nobody willing to not go along with their war scenarios can change the outcome if everyone follows treaties.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1307953321' post='2730478']
This is nothing to do with whether NPO are ~objectively dicks~ but it has everything to do with how IAA feels about NPO disbanding them. Chimaera is under absolutely no obligation to ever discuss anything with you ever again. And TIO's ODP wasn't the problem as far as I can tell (although I can't say IAA would have been too pleased by it) but rather the possibility that you were going to upgrade to an MDP.

Honestly, it's rather hypocritical of your alliance to complain about people holding grudges anyway.
[/quote]

Not a complaint, however, I would argue, how does one even begin to quantify mistakes on Planet Bob when turn over with some groups is less than 6 months and others it is never. Regardless, there is nothing wrong with talking as through dialogue, can understanding be conferred. As the invitation is for IAA and Chimaera and has nothing to do with you, please I suggest you do not put words in to Chimaera's mouth and leave it up to his judgement if he wishes to talk to us or not.

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1307954203' post='2730481']
Yet NPO has paid a heavy price for its past transgressions, surely it is about time IAA started letting go?. I remember the disbandment very well for I was one of many who was in the process of being ZI'ed by Pacifica in the GATO-1V war and while it was a truly horrible event I would argue NPO has suffered inordinately enough already. I know many of my fellow GATO-1V vets and myself let go of the hate towards Pacifica (for me the Karma war was enough), surely it is about time for those who have not as of yet to do the same?.
[/quote]

I agree. I have personal grievances with NPO but even I have let the grudge die now that NPO has burned twice (in that I don't want revenge and I don't really care about them anymore.) It doesn't mean I automatically like them though, or approve of them, or agree with their position on things. I call things how I see it. It's the same with IAA - they don't have to start liking NPO, and they can continue to dislike them, but I agree that they shouldn't be out for revenge. The thing is that IAA isn't likely to be in a position where they get revenge on NPO anyway. I think it's retarded that people expect us to like NPO simply now that they have been rolled.

[quote name='Zeta Defender' timestamp='1307954722' post='2730483']
Not a complaint, however, I would argue, how does one even begin to quantify mistakes on Planet Bob when turn over with some groups is less than 6 months and others it is never. Regardless, there is nothing wrong with talking as through dialogue, can understanding be conferred. As the invitation is for IAA and Chimaera and has nothing to do with you, please I suggest you do not put words in to Chimaera's mouth and leave it up to his judgement if he wishes to talk to us or not.
[/quote]

I didn't say anything about how Chimaera felt about talking to you, I simply said he was under no obligation to. If he wants to restore relations between your two alliances then that's his prerogative, but I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you.

[quote name='Zeta Defender' timestamp='1307951313' post='2730469']

[/quote]

Who said anything about it being your fault?

Perhaps IAA just don't like you and don't want to be tied so closely to you, pretty simple yet sound logic to me.