Announcement from the Imperial Assault Alliance

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1307934459' post='2730313']
Huh? I don't think that makes sense. He doesn't know who specifically told me, or how they knew what was said. Unless it was him, which would seem unlikely don't you think?
[/quote]
As a member of TIO, he has direct access to the information and reasoning behind the dropping of this treaty than you do, from logs and discussions between IAA and TIO. You may be getting your information from someone within IAA or TIO but you do not have direct access to the details behind the matter since you were not in discussions, though if you do then someone needs to be slapped because me no like leaking specifics to nonparticipating parties. Dark Temptations on the other hand does and such knows of the information's original source better than you. Does that clear it up for you?

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1307935457' post='2730320']
As a member of TIO, he has direct access to the information and reasoning behind the dropping of this treaty than you do, from logs and discussions between IAA and TIO. You may be getting your information from someone within IAA or TIO but you do not have direct access to the details behind the matter since you were not in discussions, though if you do then someone needs to be slapped because me no like leaking specifics to nonparticipating parties. Dark Temptations on the other hand does and such knows of the information's original source better than you. Does that clear it up for you?
[/quote]
You misinterpreted what I was saying. I was more saying the source of my information was reliable, not just a rumor. Obviously as a member of the alliance he has more direct access to information then me, but that doesn't make it superior to my knowledge.

When's that announcement coming TIO?

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1307936084' post='2730325']
What a useless argument. Not even over the actual event itself, but over who's sources are better. Why not just tell everyone what's going on and skip all this nonsense?
[/quote]

How can one debate an event that has yet to occur?

Edited by TheListener

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1307936210' post='2730327']
How can one debate an event that has yet to occur?
[/quote]

Thanks for confirming what this is exactly about.

It's now obvious IAA has seen TIO as nothing more as a meat shield.

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1307936432' post='2730330']
Thanks for confirming what this is exactly about.

It's now obvious IAA has seen TIO as nothing more as a meat shield.
[/quote]
I don't think that's what this shows at all. TIO may think of themselves as one though..

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1307936746' post='2730334']
I don't think that's what this shows at all. TIO may think of themselves as one though..
[/quote]

IAA just showed that they treaty based mostly on the opposite numbers allies rather then a friendship between each other.

Also IAA effectively saw that TIO was not going to slave itself out to IAA FA direction, dropped lip and walked away.

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1307937112' post='2730339']
IAA just showed that they treaty based mostly on the opposite numbers allies rather then a friendship between each other.

IAA effectively saw that TIO was going to so slave itself out to IAA FA direction, dropped lip and walked away.
[/quote]
So trying to have a cohesive foreign affairs position amongst allies is now frowned upon?

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1307930859' post='2730261']
Heh with all this talk of dropping TIO, you'd think that people had forgotten that both alliances are in the Sirius bloc...
[/quote]

Sirius is a joke and everyone knows it.

Also IAA effectively saw that TIO was not going to slave itself out to IAA FA direction, dropped lip and walked away.
[/quote]

Totally what happened here. Love when people try to connect the dots with very limited information.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1307933928' post='2730306']
If you keep insisting, you aren't more right. Either offer a different explanation or your view of "You really don't" remains just as bad.

Ok, I'm sure that's the case. You seem to know where I'm getting my information from better than I could ever possibly.
[/quote]
And if you want to know feel free to query me on IRC or send me a PM. I prefer to do that kind of discussion one on one, so I can focus on making the individual understand fully.

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1307937229' post='2730340']
So trying to have a cohesive foreign affairs position amongst allies is now frowned upon?
[/quote]

People also need to respect that not everyone's FA is going to follow their own, even among allies.

Treaties should be about friendship, not treaty web positioning.

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1307937345' post='2730344']
Totally what happened here. Love when people try to connect the dots with very limited information.
[/quote]

Considering what the future may bring, I would say it looks pretty straight forward.

Also IAA effectively saw that TIO was not going to so slave itself out to IAA FA direction, dropped lip and walked away.
[/quote]
... Yeah. That's what happened. You got them. Move on and solve another case.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1307937362' post='2730346']
[/quote]
What do you do when it comes to war then? Fight for both sides? That just makes the world mad, your alliance madder.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1307937362' post='2730346']
People also need to respect that not everyone's FA is going to follow their own, even among allies.

[/quote]

You know, you're talking to IAA here one of the few alliances that has never cared about treaty web positioning and still does not care about treaty web positioning. While yes the event that seems to be the favorite topic of the night, is indeed a factor. It is far from the biggest reason for this, these reasons were communicated privately.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1307937581' post='2730349']
... Yeah. That's what happened. You got them. Move on and solve another case.
[/quote]

So IAA did not drop TIO because of a future treaty upgrade with NPO? Or maybe that IAA Emperor is angry because he didn't want to be treaty chained to NPO? Or maybe was told something quite a long period of time ago but now has changed?

Sounds like all FA dictation to me.

Edited by nutkase

[/quote]

You should be friends with all of your allies but you shouldn't be allies with all of your friends. If IAA was concerned with FA direction over friendship they would have cancelled on TIO months ago.

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1307937808' post='2730354']
You should be friends with all of your allies but you shouldn't be allies with all of your friends. If IAA was concerned with FA direction over friendship they would have cancelled on TIO months ago.
[/quote]

Then it must be coincidence that just before a official upgrade between TIO and NPO, that IAA dumps it's treaty with TIO?

Especially with IAA saying their hand was forced.

Edited by nutkase