Announcement from the Imperial Assault Alliance

[quote name='HalfEmpty' timestamp='1308101253' post='2731560']
It was a long time ago TeeVee, things were different then. Pacifica and it's Sock Puppets of Doom could disband an alliance without even asking the alliance.
[/quote]

People must be able to read minds, play with voodoo dolls or something to be able to do that!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HalfEmpty' timestamp='1308101253' post='2731560']
It was a long time ago TeeVee, things were different then. Pacifica and it's [u][color="#8B0000"]Sock Puppets of Doom[/color][/u] could disband an alliance without even asking the alliance.
[/quote]

I like this so much more than lapdogs :lol1:

o/ Sock Puppets of Doom

[img]http://www.deviantart.com/download/3739732/Sock_Puppet_Of_Doom.jpg[/img]

Edited by ironchef

I find it very funny how people who werent around at all during NPO's insane ruling can mock it. If you were not in NPO or a meatshield alliance of NPO then you were cautious every day. Most people never posted on the forums outside of those alliances just for fear that whatever you say, government or just some noob, you gave NPO reason to roll you. Everyone mocks it but NPO ruled Bob with an iron fist. I am glad I was able to experience it all though.

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1308111142' post='2731677']
I find it very funny how people who werent around at all during NPO's insane ruling can mock it. If you were not in NPO or a meatshield alliance of NPO then you were cautious every day. Most people never posted on the forums outside of those alliances just for fear that whatever you say, government or just some noob, you gave NPO reason to roll you. Everyone mocks it but NPO ruled Bob with an iron fist. I am glad I was able to experience it all though.
[/quote]

Welcome to the last 2+ years of sitting where we sit now where DH/PB/CnG/SF and whomever randomly roll you every so often because you actually have the sack to exist still among other things. You realize there are a large portion of nation rulers who never knew of this but only know the current world structure where the current heg has always been the world power. Imagine if the current crop who get stomped on these past 2+ years lacked spine like so many past alliances and just chose to quit after a couple weeks or month of war?

Also, NPO never did it alone. Not even the current crop of whipping boys that get rolled with NPO were all their support. Most of that power is still in power today. They just made sure to position themselves in a way where they are always clinging to that structure.

IAA can hold a grudge and more power to them if that's how they choose to run their alliance. People in the current heg can praise the move and it's for the reason Schatt pointed out. Their hypocrisy knows no bounds. They sit huddled with people they claim to have a great dislike for simply to remain in power, yet praise IAA here for abandoning someone because that someone is allied to someone they don't like.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1308116927' post='2731734']
Welcome to the last 2+ years of sitting where we sit now where DH/PB/CnG/SF and whomever randomly roll you every so often because you actually have the sack to exist still among other things.[/quote]

Every so often is an over statement. "You" were "randomly" attacked once. Don't try and act like it's happening all the frickin' time.

Also SF wasn't involved in that. So... yeah...

[quote]You realize there are a large portion of nation rulers who never knew of this but only know the current world structure where the current heg has always been the world power.[/quote]

And actually, a lot of alliances teach their new recruits a bit of CN history (or at least everywhere I have been in has). So yeah, everyone knows that NPO ruled back then and could do what they wanted when they wanted for whatever reason they wanted.

[quote]Imagine if the current crop who get stomped on these past 2+ years lacked spine like so many past alliances and just chose to quit after a couple weeks or month of war? [/quote]

Imagine if the current crop who get stomped on could figure out a way to dethrone the current power structure... Then Bob might be a bit more interesting eh?

[quote]Also, NPO never did it alone. Not even the current crop of whipping boys that get rolled with NPO were all their support.[/quote]

No one could do it alone. NPO was just the leader back then, both by sheer size and [I'm sure] politically. The leader gets the credit and the blame for actions, though. Can you argue that NPO wasn't the leader back then?

[quote]Most of that power is still in power today. They just made sure to position themselves in a way where they are always clinging to that structure.[/quote]

Now, I don't know Bob's history [i]that[/i] well, but to take down NPO I'm sure there were plenty of alliances who had to be convinced to switch sides. You can't just expect everyone to remain in the same place forever.

[quote]IAA can hold a grudge and more power to them if that's how they choose to run their alliance. People in the current heg can praise the move and it's for the reason Schatt pointed out. Their hypocrisy knows no bounds. They sit huddled with people they claim to have a great dislike for simply to remain in power, yet praise IAA here for abandoning someone because that someone is allied to someone they don't like.
[/quote]

You wouldn't praise an alliance for dumping someone who is getting closer to your enemy?

Note: And IAA has pointed out it's for more than just the treaty upgrade.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1308116927' post='2731734']
Also, NPO never did it alone. Not even the current crop of whipping boys that get rolled with NPO were all their support. Most of that power is still in power today. They just made sure to position themselves in a way where they are always clinging to that structure.[/quote]

Although I understand where you are coming from in regards to the current power structure, NPO was the mastermind of all those years of torture. To say otherwise would be foolish.

[quote]IAA can hold a grudge and more power to them if that's how they choose to run their alliance.....yet praise IAA here for abandoning someone because that someone is allied to someone they don't like.
[/quote]

Seriously? IAA was destroyed by NPO. It's not just someone "they don't like". It's kind of a big deal that TIO made the agreement to sign with NPO and inform IAA [i]afterward[/i] about the treaty. That's something that should not, and was not taken lightly.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1308120885' post='2731757']
Every so often is an over statement. "You" were "randomly" attacked once. Don't try and act like it's happening all the frickin' time.[/quote]

So one time makes it right? You are so full of crap. Seriously, this is why people think CSN is a load of garbage.

[quote]Now, I don't know Bob's history [i]that[/i] well
[/quote]

Then that might be a good indicator that you should stay out of some topics and to stop pretending you know what you're talking about.

[quote name='Conformist Maryland' timestamp='1308146582' post='2731852']
Seriously? IAA was destroyed by NPO. It's not just someone "they don't like". It's kind of a big deal that TIO made the agreement to sign with NPO and inform IAA [i]afterward[/i] about the treaty. That's something that should not, and was not taken lightly.
[/quote]
You know I'm pretty sure I covered this,

[quote name='Dave93' timestamp='1308019099' post='2730877']
Secondly, when we first came to speak with you about the NPO upgrade we told you we were considering it, but you obviously thought considering meant that we'd already agreed to it and had signed it. While it is true we have signed it now, we only did after we found out you were going to cancel on us. So no, we never lied to you as you say, you got information from another source which had no truth to it, and then you believed it even after said it wasn't true.
[/quote]
Oh would you look at that, I did.

So lets get our facts straight would we?

[quote name='Dave93' timestamp='1308152768' post='2731881']
You know I'm pretty sure I covered this,

Oh would you look at that, I did.

So lets get our facts straight would we?
[/quote]
You beat me to the punch Dave, I was about to say something similar.

But anyway, to be more clear and add another TIO Government affirmation of this statement, we (specifically, I) approached IAA and told them we were [i]entering talks[/i] about upgrading the treaty. Even as of now,[b] we haven't signed any document, as we haven't announced anything about a new treaty with NPO[/b]. I hope this clears up the incorrect information about this treaty upgrade with NPO, and the course of events that took place between ourselves and IAA.

That doesn't deal with the fact you were poaching or that TIO were specifically told that upgrading the treaty with NPO would be a problem by LoSS, I can't vouch for IAA but I would expect they'd be the same, and was assured that a treaty upgrade wouldn't happen.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1308120885' post='2731757']
Every so often is an over statement. "You" were "randomly" attacked once. Don't try and act like it's happening all the frickin' time.

Also SF wasn't involved in that. So... yeah...
[/quote]

SF was involved in our Christmas war rolling and in rolling NSO over 6 million bucks. They were also involved in rolling Polar and even helping set Polar up for said rolling in the past war.

[quote] Imagine if the current crop who get stomped on could figure out a way to dethrone the current power structure... Then Bob might be a bit more interesting eh? [/quote]

I imagine a good portion of the current ruling crop would simply disband if they were put in the position that NPO and allies have been put in several times over the past 2.5 years. They certainly have in the past for far less.

[quote]
No one could do it alone. NPO was just the leader back then, both by sheer size and [I'm sure] politically. The leader gets the credit and the blame for actions, though. Can you argue that NPO wasn't the leader back then? [/quote]

NPO gets way to much credit/blame for everything that went on back then. Often by people who actually backed NPO and a lot of it's actions with both political and military force.

[quote] You wouldn't praise an alliance for dumping someone who is getting closer to your enemy? [/quote]

Not if I sat tied in a pile of treaties with alliances I claim to dislike or downright hate.

[quote name='Conformist Maryland' timestamp='1308146582' post='2731852']
Although I understand where you are coming from in regards to the current power structure, NPO was the mastermind of all those years of torture. To say otherwise would be foolish.
[/quote]

See, I disagree with this. NPO lent it's political might to lots of things, just like a ton of other alliances did. But everything they get blamed for wasn't their fault. Other alliances had grudges and wars their carried out that Pacifica gets blamed for simply by being in power when they happened.

[quote] Seriously? IAA was destroyed by NPO. It's not just someone "they don't like". It's kind of a big deal that TIO made the agreement to sign with NPO and inform IAA [i]afterward[/i] about the treaty. That's something that should not, and was not taken lightly. [/quote]

I disagree that NPO destroyed IAA. IAA chose to disband rather than fight for their alliance's continued existence after declaring war on NPO while extremely unprepared to fight. In the end it was their lack of will and desire I guess to save damage to their nations that led to them disbanding. NPO didn't demand they disband and was taken by surprise when they chose to do so.

But I didn't say I blamed IAA for dropping this treaty. More power to them if that's what they desire. It's the people in this thread who are calling this a "great move" and all that while sitting in a treaty web with people they claim to hate I am referring to with that statement.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1308166461' post='2731958']
They were also involved in rolling Polar and even helping set Polar up for said rolling in the past war.[/quote]

No they weren't. Incase you forget Xiphosis broke ties with GOONS, because he was against hitting Polar. RoK who was a member of SF defended Polar, and RIA fought on both sides. Nice try but that's just completely false.

[quote]
Not if I sat tied in a pile of treaties with alliances I claim to dislike or downright hate.
[/quote]

So did you enjoy it when you ruled with NPO? That just proves the point that you should keep getting beat down.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Demag' timestamp='1308160234' post='2731920']
That doesn't deal with the fact you were poaching or that TIO were specifically told that upgrading the treaty with NPO would be a problem by LoSS, I can't vouch for IAA but I would expect they'd be the same, and was assured that a treaty upgrade wouldn't happen.
[/quote]
I can't speak for poaching because that hasn't been going on since I've been in TIO, and I wasn't around for TIO's inception. However LoSS did not say outright they would drop us when I approached them with the notice that we were, to emphasize again, [b]going into talks[/b] with NPO about upgrading our treaty. Phoebua told me they wouldn't be happy, but I never was approached afterward about them dropping us, nor did I see that anyone in our government was approached with a LoSS member saying so.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1308167381' post='2731965']
No they weren't. Incase you forget Xiphosis broke ties with GOONS, because he was against hitting Polar. RoK who was a member of SF defended Polar, and RIA fought on both sides. Nice try but that's just completely false.

[/quote]

In case you forgot Xiph was working with VE to drop the hammer on Polaris. CSN fought and demanded ridiculous reps on that front. GOD fought on that front. What, 80% of SF fought on VE/PB side? Yeah that's no SF involvement at all.

[quote]
So did you enjoy it when you ruled with NPO? That just proves the point that you should keep getting beat down.[/quote]

Well this makes no sense at all and has absolutely no bearing at all in any way, shape or form with what I said. If it does and I am missing something, please explain.

[quote name='KahlanRahl' timestamp='1308167758' post='2731970']
I can't speak for poaching because that hasn't been going on since I've been in TIO, and I wasn't around for TIO's inception. However LoSS did not say outright they would drop us when I approached them with the notice that we were, to emphasize again, [b]going into talks[/b] with NPO about upgrading our treaty. Phoebua told me they wouldn't be happy, but I never was approached afterward about them dropping us, nor did I see that anyone in our government was approached with a LoSS member saying so.
[/quote]

I know LoSS government (when I was apart of it) didn't say they would drop you but upgrading your treaty would be an issue and would prefer if you didn't. If was serious issue for LoSS we/they wouldn't of allied to you or IAA in the first place being allied to NpO.

Anyway, I'm going to let this drop since no one can change the past.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1308167381' post='2731965']
[/quote]

Sorry but you are incorrect on your first statement. Xiph dropped GOONS because MK signed with TOP (ye that still sounds really strange). Xiph also tried his best to prevent Polaris being attacked at first. Then Polaris got in bed with NPO via Legion and he let them go.

[quote name='Demag' timestamp='1308160234' post='2731920']
That doesn't deal with the fact you were poaching
[/quote]
After what Pezstar said I went to speak with Skippy about this, and as he said he took only those who he brought with him. He also had a good look through his logs and there was only 1 person who he asked to join TIO and then he later retracted the invitation (not wanting to take another Guard from STA if said person had decided to join), another person actually wanted to join and then decided later on that he didn't want to.

Since out inception TIO has been against poaching and does not practice it.

Edited by Dave93

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1308177083' post='2732035']
Sorry but you are incorrect on your first statement. Xiph dropped GOONS because MK signed with TOP (ye that still sounds really strange). Xiph also tried his best to prevent Polaris being attacked at first. Then Polaris got in bed with NPO via Legion and he let them go.
[/quote]

Then, should I be thankful to Xiphosis?

[quote name='Dave93' timestamp='1308189772' post='2732140']
After what Pezstar said I went to speak with Skippy about this, and as he said he took only those who he brought with him. He also had a good look through his logs and there was only 1 person who he asked to join TIO and then he later retracted the invitation (not wanting to take another Guard from STA if said person had decided to join), another person actually wanted to join and then decided later on that he didn't want to.

Since out inception TIO has been against poaching and does not practice it.
[/quote]

Except for those times when you did.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1308190312' post='2732150']
Then, should I be thankful to Xiphosis?
[/quote]

Probably since he risked a lot of political capital protecting you. You should probably just have listened to Xiph's advice. You can say what you want of Xiph but he knows his stuff and he hit the nail on the head on what would happen if you didn't listen to his advice. Also this latest war (someone please think of a name for it already?) happened with the support of SF. It's just that the RoK turn around caused some headaches and those headaches needed to be dealt with some out of the box thinking. In the end it all worked out. To claim otherwise is just inane or you don't know what really happened.

Edited by kriekfreak

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1308177083' post='2732035']Xiph also tried his best to prevent Polaris being attacked at first. Then Polaris got in bed with NPO via Legion and he let them go.[/quote]

So SF with other wackos have a list of alliance who they will roll and when? Great, who's next? GPA?