Announcement from the Imperial Assault Alliance

[quote name='Wabooz' timestamp='1307962449' post='2730506']
Should have downgraded to an ODP =\ Best of luck to both alliances though.
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. But I guess that last vote pushed it in favour of a cancellation.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1307972656' post='2730544']
Apparently from my neck of the woods I missed some drama. Anyone care to fill me in via PM? :P
[/quote]

IAA and TIO are allied.
TIO has an ODP with NPO.
IAA doesn't like NPO.
TIO upgrades with NPO w/o consulting IAA prior and w/o informing IAA post signing.
IAA finds out through NPO, 3 days after signing.
IAA gets angry and cancels on TIO.

[quote name='Wabooz' timestamp='1307962449' post='2730506']
Should have downgraded to an ODP =\ Best of luck to both alliances though.
[/quote]
Our membership in Sirius covers that.

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1307968391' post='2730521']
My thoughts exactly. But I guess that last vote pushed it in favour of a cancellation.
[/quote]
Sorry Scorp, tis the way the cookie crumbles

:wub:

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1307973658' post='2730550']
IAA and TIO are allied.
TIO has an ODP with NPO.
IAA doesn't like NPO.
TIO upgrades with NPO w/o consulting IAA prior and w/o informing IAA post signing.
[/quote]

Lana.

Lana.

LANA.

WHAT.

[i]daaaanger zone.[/i]

IAA and TIO are allied.
TIO has an ODP with NPO.
IAA doesn't like NPO.
[/quote]

So TIO is a student of the RandomInterrupt school of diplomacy?

IAA and TIO are allied.
TIO has an ODP with NPO.
IAA doesn't like NPO.
[/quote]

A factor, but not everything that was involved in making this decision.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1307975595' post='2730563']
So TIO is a student of the RandomInterrupt school of diplomacy?
[/quote]

Since Random led Polaris's FA through its most successful period, this school would be a nice place to study.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1307979264' post='2730582']
Since Random led Polaris's FA through its most successful period, this school would be a nice place to study.
[/quote]
That's funny. I remember him leading Polar's FA right through to the worst !@#$kicking in Polar history.

Well, hi there unnecessary controversy. Not what I expected with my morning drink.

Let us go over every single possible factor in this cancellation, just for posterity's sake. You've mostly hit the nail on the head over the course of this topic, but we may as well clear it up.

I, personally, wanted to cancel on TIO for two reasons - the fact that their membership constantly harassed and clearly hated me, and the fact that they were about to completely forgo every ally they had worth anything to sign a treaty with an alliance that, quite frankly, has never brought anything but pain and destruction to thousands of nations, including their own allies, across five years. I attempted to talk them out of it. I am quite sick of the 'changed' slogan that Pacifica is using in order to convince more alliances to return to their side - anyone with half a brain has seen this before, and seen the results. Pacifica will do what it does best - try to win every situation possible. The ends have always, and will always, justify the means. I firmly believe that TIO is starting down a path that will lead to their untimely demise. I intimated as such, and that it was a path I would not let the Empire follow.

Say what you want about the current global power structure, but it is a hell of a lot better than it was in 2007 and 2008. There have been no forced disbandments, no eternal ZI sentences, none of what amounts to incomprehensible war crimes. I will never allow my alliance to indirectly be complicit in the revival of the former power structure. We would not go down that path with TIO, no matter how much we like their members.

TIO went anyway. The treaty simply had to go.

IAA, professionally, needed to cancel the treaty because of the lack of mutual trust and cooperation between the two parties, along with the latter of my two reasons above. The lie was simply the last straw. Our alliances had been drifting apart since they were brought into Synergy (a huge mistake, by the way, that I take a significant amount of responsibility for), and it had gotten to the point where our only daily interactions was TIO government members telling me what a terrible human being I am and how I am an awful Emperor.

Now then, let me address the 'you should cancel on Polaris' part of this thread.

No. I love Polar. They have stood up for the Empire time and again, and we have for them. I have and will again go to hell for Polaris.

That should quite well address that. I am certain some of you will dissect my comments a million different ways, so have it, boys.

-Chimaera

[quote name='Chimaera' timestamp='1307981525' post='2730594']
Well, hi there unnecessary controversy. Not what I expected with my morning drink.

Let us go over every single possible factor in this cancellation, just for posterity's sake. You've mostly hit the nail on the head over the course of this topic, but we may as well clear it up.

I, personally, wanted to cancel on TIO for two reasons - the fact that their membership constantly harassed and clearly hated me, and the fact that they were about to completely forgo every ally they had worth anything to sign a treaty with an alliance that, quite frankly, has never brought anything but pain and destruction to thousands of nations, including their own allies, across five years. I attempted to talk them out of it. I am quite sick of the 'changed' slogan that Pacifica is using in order to convince more alliances to return to their side - anyone with half a brain has seen this before, and seen the results. Pacifica will do what it does best - try to win every situation possible. The ends have always, and will always, justify the means. I firmly believe that TIO is starting down a path that will lead to their untimely demise. I intimated as such, and that it was a path I would not let the Empire follow.

Say what you want about the current global power structure, but it is a hell of a lot better than it was in 2007 and 2008. There have been no forced disbandments, no eternal ZI sentences, none of what amounts to incomprehensible war crimes. I will never allow my alliance to indirectly be complicit in the revival of the former power structure. We would not go down that path with TIO, no matter how much we like their members.

TIO went anyway. The treaty simply had to go.

IAA, professionally, needed to cancel the treaty because of the lack of mutual trust and cooperation between the two parties, along with the latter of my two reasons above. The lie was simply the last straw. Our alliances had been drifting apart since they were brought into Synergy (a huge mistake, by the way, that I take a significant amount of responsibility for), and it had gotten to the point where our only daily interactions was TIO government members telling me what a terrible human being I am and how I am an awful Emperor.

Now then, let me address the 'you should cancel on Polaris' part of this thread.

No. I love Polar. They have stood up for the Empire time and again, and we have for them. I have and will again go to hell for Polaris.

That should quite well address that. I am certain some of you will dissect my comments a million different ways, so have it, boys.

-Chimaera
[/quote]
tl;dr of Chim's post (to simplify for everyone here who stops after the first sentence): I can't get no respect, screw yall TIO, im going home.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

Well, I love it when people try to run the "Pacifica hasn't changed" bit when they are content to run four year old grudges and want to keep us in an isolated political corner. Whenever we try to bridge the gap between our self and others so many are so quick to condemn everyone involved. It's like we're damned if we do and we're damned if we don't, but that's the crazy world in which we live in, with thanks solely to those condemning TIO and NPO now. 2007 and 2008 were [i]years[/i] ago. Let's not pretend that you live your life everyday thinking about them because it'd be sad if you did.

No one but yourself allows you to still be all butt hurt about it, we've moved on and are trying to re-build and re-establish our self in this world. (This isn't so much meant for one person but as a collective group so don't think I'm trying to single anyone out here, but this needs to be said.)

TIO, you don't need people who are this fickle. You're better off without them.

Edited by NeCoHo

[quote name='NeCoHo' timestamp='1307982343' post='2730599']
Well, I love it when people try to run the "Pacifica hasn't changed" bit when they are content to run four year old grudges and want to keep us in an isolated political corner. Whenever we try to bridge the gap between our self and others so many are so quick to condemn everyone involved. It's like we're damned if we do and we're damned if we don't, but that's the crazy world in which we live in, with thanks solely to those condemning TIO and NPO now. 2007 and 2008 were [i]years[/i] ago. Let's not pretend that you live your life everyday thinking about them because it'd be sad if you did.

No one but yourself allows you to still be all butt hurt about it, we've moved on and are trying to re-build and re-establish our self in this world. (This isn't so much meant for one person but as a collective group so don't think I'm trying to single anyone out here, but this needs to be said.)

[/quote]

IAA has every reason to be distrustful of your alliance. Can you name a single reason why they shouldn't be, other than "BUT IT'S BEEN 4 YEARS!!!"?

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1307982556' post='2730600']
IAA has every reason to be distrustful of your alliance. Can you name a single reason why they shouldn't be, other than "BUT IT'S BEEN 4 YEARS!!!"?
[/quote]
Nailed it on the head.

Also, it's been less than 3 years since GATO-1V ended. The fighting was going on 3 years ago today.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1307983304' post='2730602']
Nailed it on the head.

Also, it's been less than 3 years since GATO-1V ended. The fighting was going on 3 years ago today.
[/quote]

Let's also factor in that IAA was incapable of existing in this world for a complete year after the fact. So this would indeed be the last 2-3 years, and IAA still lives with everything that occured then, we learn from our past and try to make sure the same mistakes are not made.

[quote name='NeCoHo' timestamp='1307982343' post='2730599']

[/quote]

I don't recall anyone making an official declaration that four years is the standard norm of forgiveness for everyone.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1307979264' post='2730582']
[/quote]

Yeah I'm just mad because I failed out of Treaty Signing 101 at RandomInterrupt Diplomacy Institute. The biggest question on the final exam was "Which of the following courses of action is the most appropriate? A: Sign a treaty with the worst alliance in CN, who has ties with the NPO, who has a reputation worth as much as dog!@#$ and fail to inform one of your oldest and most dependable allies. B: Use your brain." Turns out it was A. v[img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/happy.gif[/img]v

Edited by Chief Savage Man

I don't understand why people try to label my feelings about Pacifica as some sort of undeserved grudge.

Pacifica caused the death of an alliance I held, and hold, very dear to my heart. They held me in EZI across 5 nations for 9 months, nearly going to war with 2 different alliances (most notably the Greenland Republic) over my continued existence. I was labeled 'too dangerous to live' by Pacifican government (a title I adore very much, thank you). Everything I have done against them was retaliatory. I cannot forgive the destruction of my alliance and the loss of hundreds of my closest friends on Planet Bob, no matter what arbitrary time limit you folks choose to set for my anger.

The first incarnation of the Imperial Assault Alliance meant the world to me, and it was abused and destroyed for no cause. Attempts were made to personally expel me from this universe.

If you think I hate Pacifica, you are damn right I do. And they deserve every piece of it.

[quote name='Chimaera' timestamp='1307981525' post='2730594']

-Chimaera
[/quote]
Because, unlike Pacifica, Polaris has never been anything but kind and gentle spirited.