Imperial AcTi Announcement

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1303204257' post='2693475']
he was supposed to be in charge of the Defense department and had a warchest of less than $10 million with 7500 infra.[/quote]
I keep hearing these kinds of stories but I just can't figure out how these people manage to pay bills.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1303202453' post='2693468']
xfd at this guy. "Is this what you're learning" indeed. Speaking of learning, have you learnt about how IPs work yet?
[/quote]

What is this...? I don't even... Why do IPs matter here?

Not what I had in mind for the announcement, but as to my warchest, I got out of the war 37 days ago after several rounds of fighting. Sorry.

Yes, I ordered AcTi into PM many hours before this. Sue me. We're not in any position to wage war, 45 nations or not

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1303228386' post='2693607']
Not what I had in mind for the announcement, but as to my warchest, I got out of the war 37 days ago after several rounds of fighting. Sorry.

Yes, I ordered AcTi into PM many hours before this. Sue me. We're not in any position to wage war, 45 nations or not
[/quote]

Is AcTi ever in a position to wage war?

I'm NOT impressed by a bunch cowards from other alliances who apparently have not had enough war,

(yes, we see you , 3 members of Athens, 1 member of GATO, 1 member of The Conservative Underground, 3 members of Olympus, 1 member and leader, right? of Blue Turtle Alliance, 1 member of Far, 1 member of The Dark Templar and one member of RIA...well, okay - the member of RIA gets a pass - because they are RIA...)

deciding to band together and on the first day of being in a so called "alliance" (note everyone there has been in "Thriller" exactly one day) attack an alliance where the membership has been there anywhere from over 400 days to two weeks.

If you're going to do that, at the very least be up front and attack them while in your alliance (as opposed to moving) and deal with whatever follows.

If you are not willing to do that, have enough Opsec training to sit in your "new alliance" long enough to not be obvious AND wait until after all you tech trades can be deleted so there isn't an obvious link back to your REAL alliances!

Seriously...the level of skill in this area has sunk to a new low.

Maybe we do need NPO (or someone) to return and bring at least some level of order back so that people at least do something NOT to be obvious!!!

All this information, and all I had to do was look at the obvious. Very, very sad.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1303229124' post='2693621']
I'm NOT impressed by a bunch cowards from other alliances who apparently have not had enough war,

(yes, we see you , 3 members of Athens, 1 member of GATO, 1 member of The Conservative Underground, 3 members of Olympus, 1 member and leader, right? of Blue Turtle Alliance, 1 member of Far, 1 member of The Dark Templar and one member of RIA...well, okay - the member of RIA gets a pass - because they are RIA...)

deciding to band together and on the first day of being in a so called "alliance" (note everyone there has been in "Thriller" exactly one day) attack an alliance where the membership has been there anywhere from over 400 days to two weeks.

If you're going to do that, at the very least be up front and attack them while in your alliance (as opposed to moving) and deal with whatever follows.

If you are not willing to do that, have enough Opsec training to sit in your "new alliance" long enough to not be obvious AND wait until after all you tech trades can be deleted so there isn't an obvious link back to your REAL alliances!

Maybe we do need NPO (or someone) to return and bring at least some level of order back so that people at least do something NOT to be obvious!!!

All this information, and all I had to do was look at the obvious. Very, very sad.
[/quote]
Who pissed in your cereal? Attempting to judge alliances based off one member leaving is illogical. Example: I think you are an idiot therefore your alliance must be full of idiots.

It doesn't work like that so stop trying so hard.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1303232585' post='2693673']
Would you mind elaborating on that eternal war bit?
[/quote]
Battalion challenged TIO to an eternal-war before this previous break-out occurred. He mocked them, harassed them on IRC in public channels and continually queried the Gov. It's difficult for established alliances to just roll someone even if they are asking for it without being blamed. To see TIO being Thrillers protectors makes me quite happy. I hold nothing against AcTi, but hope they can find competent leadership. (Hint: The guy who's nation name is Offensive Doctrine, who currently leads AcTi in peace-mode probably isn't a good choice.)

[quote name='TimLee' timestamp='1303231185' post='2693648']
Who pissed in your cereal? Attempting to judge alliances based off one member leaving is illogical. Example: I think you are an idiot therefore your alliance must be full of idiots.

It doesn't work like that so stop trying so hard.
[/quote]

I'm not judging those alliances. I'm judging the members who left them to go on a joy ride, without even having enough consideration for their previous alliances (and how it could reflect badly on them) to wait until their former membership is not obvious before attacking another alliance.

Please accept my apology if it looked otherwise. I'm sure none of these alliances were aware of what was going to happen.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1303192157' post='2693337']
Oh come on man we aren't out to destroy anyone. Just teaching you all a lesson. $15mil warchest Bat....really? It'll all be over in 12-13 cycles. Maybe less if you just come out and play.
[/quote]

Apparently Thriller has decided to do the rest of us a favor, and run around spanking all the little children alliances that don't have enough savings. Let this be a lesson to everyone. If you don't save your taxes for a rainy day, big bad Thriller may decide its time to pay you a visit.

Please - just tell the truth here. Trying to justify the act as anything other than aggression doesn't work.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1303229124' post='2693621']

[/quote]
You think anyone cares that they can be traced back to their former alliances? The former gato member posted a resignation and was demasked, what would you like us to do? We know what he's doing and we couldn't careless.

[quote name='James Wilson' timestamp='1303235267' post='2693716']
You think anyone cares that they can be traced back to their former alliances? The former gato member posted a resignation and was demasked, what would you like us to do? We know what he's doing and we couldn't careless.
[/quote]

That's exactly what I want. Honesty. Thank you.

Ted listen to me. Right now, your alliance is at a crossroads. You have few friends if any right now and a lot of people want to see you and your mates burn. No matter how unprepared you are for a war, it's imperative you come out and fight. This is your crucible, your chance to prove you have what it takes to organize a spirited defense. You want respect? This is the only way you're going to get it. So get yourself organized, get your fire teams together, send aid to who needs it most, and then go nuts. The eyes of the world are on you.

Edited by Bill Wallace

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1303235099' post='2693711']
Apparently Thriller has decided to do the rest of us a favor, and run around spanking all the little children alliances that don't have enough savings. Let this be a lesson to everyone. If you don't save your taxes for a rainy day, big bad Thriller may decide its time to pay you a visit.

Please - just tell the truth here. Trying to justify the act as anything other than aggression doesn't work.
[/quote]

Of course it's aggression. Who said it wasn't? It's blatant. I'm just saying when everyone saw their warchests and remembered battalion spouting that his alliance could whip just about anyone one on one ( much less a smaller alliance like us) we decided to put him to the test. Simple as that. It's just for a few rounds if he wants to play. if not well then we get to see his true colors. Now all of you should shuddapaufaces,

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1303241994' post='2693817']
Of course it's aggression. Who said it wasn't? It's blatant. I'm just saying when everyone saw their warchests and remembered battalion spouting that his alliance could whip just about anyone one on one ( much less a smaller alliance like us) we decided to put him to the test. Simple as that. It's just for a few rounds if he wants to play. if not well then we get to see his true colors. Now all of you should shuddapaufaces,
[/quote]

So let me get this straight, you somehow managed to get information about AcTi warchests, upon seeing them you knew victory was ensured. You then give this awful excuse regarding batallion threatening 'eternal war' dating to a few months back and how you're putting him to the test, even though you know they aren't in fighting shape.

Might I ask where and when you got the warchest intel for AcTi?

Absolutely ridiculous. Lets pretend for a moment that the Planet Bob is composed of people from a civilized world... When has two wrongs ever made a right? Does no one want to take the high road? Does not anyone desire to to dirty their hands in the same waters as those from the past? I do not pretend to know what exactly why this is going on or even to pretend that I know the complete matter at hand, but have we no humanity?, no manners?, no desire to identify the right and the wrong?

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1303241994' post='2693817']
[/quote]
So you attacked them because you saw that they were incapable of fighting back? Grow a pair.

-Bama

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1303243321' post='2693835']
So you attacked them because you saw that they were incapable of fighting back? Grow a pair.

-Bama
[/quote]
I'd have attacked either way.
[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1303225435' post='2693580']
I keep hearing these kinds of stories but I just can't figure out how these people manage to pay bills.
[/quote]
collecting every other day is *is* technically the most profitable, just really stupid.

Edited by Mogar