Imperial AcTi Announcement

At first I found it hilarious that ActI was getting rolled the way it was. I read the previous zombie bump from Battalions epic ZI declaration fail. But this is not really just about Battalion is it. After all, he's in Peace Mode while the people he is supposedly responsible for are getting curb stomped by thriller. Its patently obvious ActI was not prepared for this war, which lets face it is unprovoked no matter how much everyone here does not like Battalion.

The question that should be posed is does the rest of ActI (since Battalion is not fighting) deserve this beating? I would have to say no.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1303243861' post='2693846']
At first I found it hilarious that ActI was getting rolled the way it was. I read the previous zombie bump from Battalions epic ZI declaration fail. But this is not really just about Battalion is it. After all, he's in Peace Mode while the people he is supposedly responsible for are getting curb stomped by thriller. Its patently obvious ActI was not prepared for this war, which lets face it is unprovoked no matter how much everyone here does not like Battalion.

The question that should be posed is does the rest of ActI (since Battalion is not fighting) deserve this beating? I would have to say no.
[/quote]
I'm absolutely positive if Batallion wished to save his membership we'd have no problems giving everyone else peace and simply making sure Batallion and Teddy get what they deserve, it's our fault they chose to hide?

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1303235750' post='2693727']
Ted listen to me. Right now, your alliance is at a crossroads. You have few friends if any right now and a lot of people want to see you and your mates burn. No matter how unprepared you are for a war, it's imperative you come out and fight. This is your crucible, your chance to prove you have what it takes to organize a spirited defense. You want respect? This is the only way you're going to get it. So get yourself organized, get your fire teams together, send aid to who needs it most, and then go nuts. The eyes of the world are on you.
[/quote]
I like this post, its now my favorite post of this thread

Ted listen to me. Right now, your alliance is at a crossroads. You have few friends if any right now and a lot of people want to see you and your mates burn. No matter how unprepared you are for a war, it's imperative you come out and fight. This is your crucible, your chance to prove you have what it takes to organize a spirited defense. You want respect? This is the only way you're going to get it. So get yourself organized, get your fire teams together, send aid to who needs it most, and then go nuts. The eyes of the world are on you.
[/quote]
I couldn't have said it better myself. ;) Don't whine, fight. No one's going to do it for you in the end.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1303244173' post='2693850']
I'm absolutely positive if Batallion wished to save his membership we'd have no problems giving everyone else peace and simply making sure Batallion and Teddy get what they deserve, it's our fault they chose to hide?
[/quote]

Wait until the people you want come out of peace mode and then attack them only. This is, of course, assuming they have been in peace mode for any length of time.

From what I'm reading, it sounds like they got an early warning of the attack and then went into peace mode. If that's the case, that's a failure on your part only. Everyone knows peace mode is something people use defensively. You shouldn't have allowed them that choice. The fact that they managed it is a plus in their favor, looking at it from a pure military standpoint.

Also, once in peace mode it does take a couple days to switch back out. So during that time all you do is say "well, we can't get them" while attacking others. Okay - but it's hardly an excuse.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1303244827' post='2693862']
[b]Wait until the people you want come out of peace mode and then attack them only.[/b] This is, of course, assuming they have been in peace mode for any length of time.

From what I'm reading, it sounds like they got an early warning of the attack and then went into peace mode. If that's the case, that's a failure on your part only. Everyone knows peace mode is something people use defensively. You shouldn't have allowed them that choice. The fact that they managed it is a plus in their favor, looking at it from a pure military standpoint.

Also, once in peace mode it does take a couple days to switch back out. So during that time all you do is say "well, we can't get them" while attacking others. Okay - but it's hardly an excuse.
[/quote]
They can stay in PM for quite a while you know...and what better way to get them to come out then to destroy what they created?

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1303241994' post='2693817']
Of course it's aggression. Who said it wasn't? It's blatant. I'm just saying when everyone saw their warchests and remembered battalion spouting that his alliance could whip just about anyone one on one ( much less a smaller alliance like us) we decided to put him to the test. Simple as that. It's just for a few rounds if he wants to play. if not well then we get to see his true colors. Now all of you should shuddapaufaces,
[/quote]

This doesn't make you guys look to good magic.

You guys are basically acting out an old grudge, and punishing an entire alliance because of two members. Pretty low move if you ask me, and I'm not happy to see this.

When the leader $%&@s up, the land burns, and the people die. That's the price of alliance, and the followers are just as guilty as the leaders. I have no idea why anyone would follow him. Take Teddyo for instance, who came back even after the amount of !@#$ Batallion gave him. I don't feel sympathy as much as shock for tying yourself to such a piece of trash. That'd be like feeling sorry for someone that pees on an electric fence once, gets hurt, then gets up and does it again.

Some of the people like to point out some form of hypocrisy of people supporting this. I ask where. Anyone that defends Acti simply doesn't have any idea of past actions or belligerency, or perhaps just even the "personal charm" of Batallion himself, who likes to take harassment even to other realms (including hacking). Being a target of that multiple times, there's no way in hell I'm going to extend my hand to a jackass, who after pulling himself back up the edge of a cliff, would then push me in.

There's a difference between those that behave, and those that continuously misbehave and never get what's coming to them. Those that decide to $%&@ around don't get the same benefit of those that act as decent beings. Maybe after Acti gets curbstomped by 15 alliances, stuck in an year of reps, and finally stops acting like obnoxious pricks would I feel some sympathy for them the next time they would get hit. But the biggest ordeal they have thus far faced was a 2-day war, and this is more than justified. I think it's time for a bit of judgment here.

[quote name='2burnt2eat' timestamp='1303245381' post='2693872']
Some of the people like to point out some form of hypocrisy of people supporting this. I ask where. Anyone that defends Acti simply doesn't have any idea of past actions or belligerency, or perhaps just even the "personal charm" of Batallion himself, who likes to take harassment even to other realms (including hacking). Being a target of that multiple times, there's no way in hell I'm going to extend my hand to a jackass, who after pulling himself back up the edge of a cliff, would then push me in.
[/quote]
The issue is not AcTi itself. The issue is an alliance attacking another alliance without a clear and defined purpose and receiving sanction from a well connected alliance. So it doesn't matter what AcTI has done in the past. What matters is that no one should be facilitating rogue attacks in the first place.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1303243861' post='2693846']

[/quote]

The real question is, why, if Batt and Tedd were in peace mode, did the rest of the alliance get attacked? Obviously, Thriller decided they deserved this beating.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1303247887' post='2693911']
The issue is not AcTi itself. The issue is an alliance attacking another alliance without a clear and defined purpose and receiving sanction from a well connected alliance. So it doesn't matter what AcTI has done in the past. What matters is that no one should be facilitating rogue attacks in the first place.
[/quote]

You deny accountability for Acti but demand accountability for the people you call "rogues"?

The logic in that is astounding.

Unfortunately for you, I don't hail actions as wrong simply because of the color of the coat somebody is wearing, just as I don't hail something wrong simply because they come from a certain alliance.

Ted listen to me. Right now, your alliance is at a crossroads. You have few friends if any right now and a lot of people want to see you and your mates burn. No matter how unprepared you are for a war, it's imperative you come out and fight. This is your crucible, your chance to prove you have what it takes to organize a spirited defense. You want respect? This is the only way you're going to get it. So get yourself organized, get your fire teams together, send aid to who needs it most, and then go nuts. The eyes of the world are on you.[/quote]

This man wins the thread...and should be listened to "Ted" if you have even the gonads of a common fruit fly.

[quote name='2burnt2eat' timestamp='1303250891' post='2693955']
You deny accountability for Acti but demand accountability for the people you call "rogues"?

The logic in that is astounding.

Unfortunately for you, I don't hail actions as wrong simply because of the color of the coat somebody is wearing, just as I don't hail something wrong simply because they come from a certain alliance.
[/quote]

AcTi has nothing for which they need to be held accountable. They have done nothing to thriller to deserve an attack.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1303254204' post='2693977']
AcTi has nothing for which they need to be held accountable. They have done nothing to thriller to deserve an attack.
[/quote]

Out of all the things I had to expect to be your fallback, that's it? I think I just busted a gut laughing, because you must be completely oblivious to what's been going on and what's been said on the forums and IRC, let alone the tidbits I just said. Everyone has their own reasons for going after Acti or hating them. Go ask around. Just for S&Gs, because it's a fun thought of you maintaining that defense throughout the entire process.

As for me, I'm not going to take you seriously after that [i]wonderful[/i] argument you just made :blush:

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1303253506' post='2693970']
This man wins the thread...and should be listened to "Ted" if you have even the gonads of a common fruit fly.
[/quote]

Its not often we see exactly eye to eye, but this is entirely correct.

Battallion and Teddy must come out and fight, and given the time frame of the war as allotted by Thriller they have sufficient time to come out of peace and take their war for at least one war cycle.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1303254927' post='2693986']

Its not often we see exactly eye to eye, but this is entirely correct.

Battallion and Teddy must come out and fight, and given the time frame of the war as allotted by Thriller they have sufficient time to come out of peace and take their war for at least one war cycle.
[/quote]

It's not about what Thriller wants. It's about having the fortitude to stand up and put yourself in the line of fire. LEAD BY EXAMPLE. There is simply no plausible military reason for diving into peace mode while your alliance mates are left to burn. Anyone remember what Caffine did to Echelon as the Karma War started? The similarities are rather striking.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1303258529' post='2694051']
It's not about what Thriller wants. It's about having the fortitude to stand up and put yourself in the line of fire. LEAD BY EXAMPLE. There is simply no plausible military reason for diving into peace mode while your alliance mates are left to burn. Anyone remember what Caffine did to Echelon as the Karma War started? The similarities are rather striking.
[/quote]
I remember, and that was but one of several reasons I have had to dislike Echelon. I remember their surrender terms in Karma to not allow Caffine into gov, which was sweet justice. People hiding in peace mode too afraid of fighting a war to defend their alliance are simply cowards. You don't show your bravery and loyalty by fighting a winning war, especially not when the sides are already mostly clear and the initial damage has been dealt. You show it by fighting for your alliance, especially in a losing war, gladly taking your damage and dishing it out.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1303257123' post='2694017']
Don't use others to do your dirty work, fight.
[/quote]
There's no animosity felt by me toward AcTi. I had forgotten they existed before all this. I just think it's pathetic they won't protect themselves from a tech raid. I would say the same for any other alliance who did the same.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1303258759' post='2694059']
I remember, and that was but one of several reasons I have had to dislike Echelon. I remember their surrender terms in Karma to not allow Caffine into gov, which was sweet justice. People hiding in peace mode too afraid of fighting a war to defend their alliance are simply cowards. You don't show your bravery and loyalty by fighting a winning war, especially not when the sides are already mostly clear and the initial damage has been dealt. You show it by fighting for your alliance, especially in a losing war, gladly taking your damage and dishing it out.[/quote]

And on that my dear Caliph, we 100% agree. :)

It also happens to be the Valhalla way.

[quote name='2burnt2eat' timestamp='1303254922' post='2693985']
Out of all the things I had to expect to be your fallback, that's it? I think I just busted a gut laughing, because you must be completely oblivious to what's been going on and what's been said on the forums and IRC, let alone the tidbits I just said. Everyone has their own reasons for going after Acti or hating them. Go ask around. Just for S&Gs, because it's a fun thought of you maintaining that defense throughout the entire process.
[/quote]

I'm not falling back on anything. That's what I've been saying since this whole situation started. I am not oblivious to what's been going on, I simply do not think that AcTi's past actions (or anyone's past actions ) constitute a reason to attack them.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1303262783' post='2694143']
I'm not falling back on anything. That's what I've been saying since this whole situation started. I am not oblivious to what's been going on, I simply do not think that AcTi's past actions (or anyone's past actions ) constitute a reason to attack them.
[/quote]

What do you think Acti's and Batallion's past actions were, huh? Give me a list of everything you got.

I hope your whole case of defending yourself from ignorance is just more than saying you aren't. Then again it's hard to make such a case while refusing to inquire why everyone else hates the !@#$ out of him, otherwise you wouldn't know the joys you're missing, would you?

At this point I believe you're just talking for the last word. So have at it.