Imperial AcTi Announcement

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1303193468' post='2693359']
There is no reason to follow a bad precedent.
[/quote]

Preach on!

Wait no... what? So you're saying they shouldn't be capable of declaring war on an alliance simply because they don't like them. Does this mean that a Sovereign alliance shouldn't be able to war against someone they feel has wronged them whether actually or existentially?

This goes out to WickedJ.

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_25Kgd2MZyCo/Sg7SgTzyxmI/AAAAAAAAAFg/sx3SBZNi71I/S1600-R/Isaac+Washington.jpg[/img]

Stay Frosty baby and make 'em glow.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1303194069' post='2693375']
Preach on!

Wait no... what? So you're saying they shouldn't be capable of declaring war on an alliance simply because they don't like them. Does this mean that a Sovereign alliance shouldn't be able to war against someone they feel has wronged them whether actually or existentially?
[/quote]

As long as an alliance is not an apparent threat to one's security, there is no need for a war. I may dislike other alliances, but that doesn't mean I should go around waging wars upon them. If one feels wronged by a past action, well then you can try discussing your grievances with the purported offender. It shouldn't even come to that. People need to get over past deeds. This idea that past actions can be used as catalysts for war creates a cycle that pits one side against another side for a very long time. This is why politics on this planet has grown so stagnant. Resorting to war is a childish and immature way to resolve past actions.

Edited by kulomascovia

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1303194202' post='2693382']
It is a bad move on TIO's part to support nonsense like this, and a rather disappointing thing to see.
[/quote]
Man, you're so right. Let me just go slap Dave around a bit. I try so hard to keep him in his kennel but now that Skippy is gone he's just unmanageable. <_<

I'm so sorry. Everyone lulzing over this must clearly mean we did something wrong. Let's return serious business.

Edited by KahlanRahl

Shouldn't this go into another section of the forum? This appears to be a poorly constructed announcement by a nation leader pleading for outside assistance for the global community.

[quote name='Kubla Khan' timestamp='1303194900' post='2693400']
Shouldn't this go into another section of the forum? This appears to be a poorly constructed announcement by a nation leader pleading for outside assistance for the global community.
[/quote]

Last I checked AcTi is an alliance and this thread contains an announcement from them (Teddyyo being promoted) and a statement regarding attacks on them, seems the right place is here.

[quote name='Vladisvok Destino' timestamp='1303196407' post='2693426']
Last I checked AcTi is an [u][b]alliance[/b][/u] and this thread contains an announcement from them (Teddyyo being promoted) and a statement regarding attacks on them, seems the right place is here.
[/quote]
its more like an elephant graveyard...except elephants are valuable and useful both before and after they die

You know, what really swayed me one side to the other in terms of whom I'd root for, would be the fact that AcTi just put Teddyyo as their #2 in command. So I'm kind of wondering if this will be an easier task than Immortals v. Mafia :P

However, at least we'll know AcTi's navy will be in it for the long haul!

[quote name='relyt92' timestamp='1303191943' post='2693333']
Let's not forget how butthurt 90% of the people supporting thriller would be if they were rogued. I don't really have an issue with what Thriller is doing especially with my history, but everybody posting in this thread is so hypocritical and idiotic. If I wasn't deleting my nation in the coming days and still had stats, I'd be roguing you guys just for fun.
[/quote]
Uh, if someone rogues you you fight them, end of story. You don't whine on the OWF and cry for help while hiding in peace mode when a group that is smaller than you hits you.

You fight them and beat them to the ground.

Unless you plan on making a moat around your alliance from all your tears.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1303200985' post='2693463']
Uh, if someone rogues you you fight them, end of story. You don't whine on the OWF and cry for help while hiding in peace mode when a group that is smaller than you hits you.

You fight them and beat them to the ground.

Unless you plan on making a moat around your alliance from all your tears.
[/quote]
Amen brother, preach on

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1303191729' post='2693329']
Oh look, the classic over-sarcastic response, is that what you're learning as the prince of MK?
[/quote]
xfd at this guy. "Is this what you're learning" indeed. Speaking of learning, have you learnt about how IPs work yet?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1303191858' post='2693330']
If you think you're impressing many people atm, then you should probably pull your head out of your ass.
[/quote]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xkYDE.gif[/IMG]

a short story for those who still think Batallion is someone to be supported.

Once upon a time, there was an alliance called IRAN, Batallion was a Trium and invited Mogar to join IRAN after Mogar got attacked by NPO for wanting to leave NPO, Batallion illegally removed a Trium to give Mogar a govt postion, Trium of FA, which Mogar was unaware of until after the Karma war. Mogar enjoyed this new found job and mostly just had to clean up Batallion's messes like for example, talking !@#$ to Tygaland when TPF and STA were trying to mend relations or posting in an NSO thread that Ivan Moldavi has not accomplished anything noteworthy. Then along came a war called Karma, NPO was stupid and started this war, but that story is for another time, Mogar and the rest of IRAN were in OPP and went to war alongside TPF and were quite happy to be at war, the main goal of most in the cyberverse. Then after 5 days, Batallion signed a surrender treaty with Archon because Batallion did not listen to any war guides, even though he was supposed to be in charge of the Defense department and had a warchest of less than $10 million with 7500 infra. meanwhile, Mogar was quite upset by this and continued his war against his opponents, because Mogar signed a treaty with TPF to defend them, and does not back down upon his word. the next morning, the remaining Trium queried Mogar, and asked Mogar to rejoin, because the 3rd Trium also did not sign any peace treaty nor was even aware of it until that morning. Mogar rejoined, and as root admin of the Forums, removed Batallion from gov, Batallion bawwed and declared war on Mogar, and posted lulzworthy threads about this, Batallion left IRAN shortly afterwards and Mogar remained in IRAN until Mogar was forced to leave the cyberverse for quite some time.
The End.

links of note:

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=55795"]Batallion removed from Office[/url]
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=55837"]Batallion's Reply to Mogar[/url]
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=56098"]Batallion's Declaration of Civil War(Which for the record, he lost horrible with his warchest of about $5, vs my full mil wonders.)[/url]
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=56134"]Batallion's De Profundis II[/url]

OOC: edited to change a few OOC aspects of the post, i missed a few but hey

Edited by Mogar

What the $%&@ Batallion?

What kind of pathetic announcement is this?

You promoted Ted back to 2nd-in-com? AND you're hugging the infra?

Christ, you're such a bag of fail I am [i]actually[/i] considering hopping on board the Thriller train and coming over there to tear you a new one.

Edit: As an afterthought, I have just checked and there are NO offensive declarations by AcTi nations. None. Zero. Nada. Nothing. Gentlemen, I hope you aren't thinking of delaying your counter-attack in some misguided effort to gain reparations.

Edited by Hadrian

[quote name='Judge X' timestamp='1303194143' post='2693379']
This goes out to WickedJ.

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_25Kgd2MZyCo/Sg7SgTzyxmI/AAAAAAAAAFg/sx3SBZNi71I/S1600-R/Isaac+Washington.jpg[/img]

Stay Frosty baby and make 'em glow.
[/quote]

Your mah boy blue. This is my favorite dance ever! :frantic:

[quote name='Jaymjaym' timestamp='1303192998' post='2693352']
I may weigh in on this more in the future, but for now here are my thoughts.

Re: TIO

I really have to wonder why you've chosen to involve yourselves here, and am unsure if you've fleshed out all the possibilities. This is honestly one of the more irresponsible things that you could have done. Were it not for the fact that a considerable amount of the world's alliances are currently at war or recovering from war, this could potentially have gone south fast, and of course still can.

Look at your alliance, look at your allies, and look at your political positioning. Keep in mind where you stand before you make decisions like this.

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.