An announcement from Sparta

[center][img]http://www.cnsparta.com/forums/seals/warflag.png[/img][/center]

Four years ago, two men by the names of Bush_84 and Micro Miner sought out new opportunities and founded the Bush Mining corporation. However, shortly after its inception, many neighbors took offense to the very existence of our bush mining community. Apparently, to these people mining bush was something that should not have been displayed in public, let alone have an entire society revolving around it. Soon mining bush became more and more taboo, as many prominent warlords of the day, such as Bilrow of Picostanislavia hated the very idea of Bush. Bush disgusted Bilrow, as a result he threatened the destruction of the bush miners unless they dropped their bush mining ways and embraced the pink.

Although the change was uncomfortable at first, these ex bush miners became fond of the pink and soon mastered it. The pink was at mercy to these men (and on occasion women, they didn't judge). More and more citizens of this tribe of warriors just kept popping out of no where. The population explosion was immense. In fact, these bush miners eventually became known as pink poppers! However, such proliferation of the pink in these lands was dangerous, and the sharing of the already limited supply of pink caused much concern for the Pink Popping society, as pink koodies was a major epidemic back in the day.

However, travelers from the distant land of Troy offered a solution in the form of protective shields. Using these shields, these men and women were able to mine all the pink they wanted without worry. They liked these shields so much that they began to manufacture their own. In fact, they even used a similar label, replacing the customary Trojan insignia with that of a Spartan. It did not take long before these men and women became known as Spartans, as their mastery of the pink was as effortless and intimidating as their ancient inspiration's skills in battle.

It did not take long for these Spartans, now empowered by both their protection from and dominance of the pink, to gain respect and fist bumps from foreigners throughout the land. This new found status in the world caused the young tribe of Sparta to make many crucial ego-fueled errors that almost cost it its very existence, such as the famed "hit and quit it" incident with the Darkfall clan. However, they persevered and survived, and eventually sought a new home in the distant black lands of Bob. Over the years these Spartans told others in the black lands of their past conquests over the pink and won over friendships with the likes of such inanimate objects as Umbrellas, Oranges, a bottle of "2nd Best Grease" brand cooking oil, and 42 bottles of Farkistani beer. It was a marvelous period of time for the Spartans, and they have since then erected statues in the likeness of all of these every day house hold products in gratitude and thankfulness for all the good times.

Today, Sparta is on its first day of its fifth year of existence, and we could not be happier or prouder that this day is here. We wish to thank all of our friends for their support, and all of our *ahem* more negative commentators for giving us motivation to stay alive.

Best wishes to all,

- Sparta :wub:

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1299980884' post='2662143']
5 years? Sexy. I'm happy to be your ally at the eve of this anniversary and I hope for 5 more glorious years.

o/ Sparta
[/quote]
Four years. This is the first day of year five.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1299980996' post='2662147']
Four years. This is the first day of year five.
[/quote]
Nothing to see here... carry on everyone... [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img]

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1299981135' post='2662151']
Congrats.

(although, didn't you folks post a birthday thread a couple days ago?)
[/quote]
They announced their fourth birthday [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99735]yesterday[/url] but this is an announcement to celebrate the first day of their fifth year (as I read it).

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1299982422' post='2662169']
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99735"]Didn't you already make this announcement?[/url]
[/quote]

Actually, if you read them, you would know that they are different.

I couldnt be more proud of my bush-mining heritage and safe dominance of the pink! :ehm:

[ooc]I don't usually take the time to read such walls of text even from my own alliance, but after I took the time to read this, it was actually quite hilarious. Well done hyp or w/o wrote it.[/ooc]

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1299982928' post='2662178']
Actually, if you read them, you would know that they are different.
[/quote]
Nope. Same thread, same reply:
[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1299894805' post='2660729']
Here's to Sparta developing some critical analysis skills in the year to come!
[/quote]

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1299984536' post='2662205']
Congrats guys, you've changed since the early days, and [b]thank god.[/b] :v:
[/quote]Same ol' Xiphosis, always taking credit.

[quote name='Salmia' timestamp='1300027111' post='2662924']
Congratulations on day one of year five.
[/quote]

Good to see TOOL here. As I mentioned earlier alliances such as Iron, Tool and NV have been fun to fight and more importantly, demonstrated that people can fight with each other with chivalry and respect.

Now it is good to see we can all sit around a table and have beers together and have fun.

Best wishes my friend.