What is the funniest thing in CNs history?

Ameris

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MK dropping their allies like they were dirt and their allies jumping at the chance to get another treaty with them.
I didnt see it but I imagine the look on NPOs faces during Karma was hilarious
Gramlins getting trounced by IRON.
Jacks video of the Tyga nuke thing.
That guy who cried his eyes out in our IRC channel after his alliance attacked us and he was nuked.
Most of what Stormsend says on MR radio. Give him more air time Airme
GATOs "use our spies" incident.

[quote name='Bob Sanders' timestamp='1297730642' post='2633640']
I wasn't gonna out cj but yes this is what I was referring to. It happened in early 2008 right before noWedge was removed. The female involved joined the call and talked to us at one point despite not knowing any of us.
[/quote]
I can't get my head around this. Not only did someone stop having sex for CN, but told the other person about why they were not having sex and then got her to talk to some other people that play this game?

I can only imagine the talk "Not now baby, I gotta go play a nation simulator. I lead 100 nations, I'm kind of a big deal :smug:"

You people are lying right? Please tell me this didn't actually happen.

Edited by General Scipio

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1297801766' post='2634628']
I can't get my head around this. Not only did someone stop having sex for CN, but told the other person about why they were not having sex and then got her to talk to some other people that play this game?

I can only imagine the talk "Not now baby, I gotta go play a nation simulator. I lead 100 nations, I'm kind of a big deal :smug:"

You people are lying right? Please tell me this didn't actually happen.
[/quote]
you would be amazed at how often this occurs, works great as a pick up line at bars, true story.

It's been mentioned already, but just try Googling "did you pol" and the rest just writes itself.

Seriously....it's the only thing in CN history that still makes me laugh almost as loud as I did the first time I heard it.

Bob Sanders' unfortunate typing error will live forever.

[quote name='Bilrow' timestamp='1297732349' post='2633676']
It was between GW2 and GW3 and Egore was spazzing out about some alliance (I think /b/) in the WUT channels...and the only way to calm him down before he did something crazy was to call Dilber (who seemed to be able to calm Egore usually) and the call interrupted Dilber with a lady friend. LOL.

Dilber, if I remember correctly, did stop what he was doing to get on IRC to calm down Egore.
[/quote]
It was the /b/. We'd caught them spying on our private IRC channel. We were [i]pissed[/i].

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1297804865' post='2634663']
It's been mentioned already, but just try Googling "did you pol" and the rest just writes itself.

Seriously....it's the only thing in CN history that still makes me laugh almost as loud as I did the first time I heard it.

Bob Sanders' unfortunate typing error will live forever.
[/quote]

That is amazing. I never knew it was autofilled on Google until now.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1297621046' post='2631265']
Worst coalition ever logs, check Sardonics blog. Some funny stuff gets said in they logs. When you mix upn, coj and co together in a room to organise GOONS downfall, they logs are what you get. Enjoy.
[/quote]

Come on now you left out the best part. Herooftime was easily the funniest person in those logs. "RED HONEYPOT!" "RED HONEYPOT!"......it's almost like he had confused GOONS with Winnie the pooh.

Also ET was pretty funny. So was [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=17739"]This guy[/url]

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='CptGodzilla' timestamp='1297688663' post='2632884']
when valhalla $#!& their pants and ran into peace mode...... about a joke lol
[/quote]

I find someone crying and becoming livid over their fan fiction actually getting read and noticed to be the funniest thing ever. :lol1:

[i]FYI: I say that as a published author. [/i]

[quote name='zoskia' timestamp='1297617887' post='2631227']
Rebel Virginia is the funniest thing that happened.
[/quote]

I agree. I don't have the energy nor the knowledge of current events to keep up anymore, and RV does it so well. Perhaps RV and I should from an alliance......

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1297815074' post='2634876']
My personal favorite among those is 'Did you poop today?'

I mean....who in the hell would ask that question?
[/quote]
I could easily see that being the title for medical help on constipation/advice on dealing with constipation.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1297830342' post='2635182']
I find someone crying and becoming livid over their fan fiction actually getting read and noticed to be the funniest thing ever. :lol1:

[i]FYI: I say that as a published author. [/i]
[/quote]

For a published author you have an interesting writing style... :v:

[quote name='Opethian' timestamp='1297833165' post='2635247']
I agree. I don't have the energy nor the knowledge of current events to keep up anymore, and RV does it so well. Perhaps RV and I should from an alliance......
[/quote]

Don't you [i]dare[/i] disband the PPF. I will notify Interpol of your complete disregard to pay any of your bills. :mad:

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1297837355' post='2635362']
For a published author you have an interesting writing style... :v:
[/quote]

My point, since it appears to be sailing majestically over your head, is that there are any number of authors out there hoping for a break, praying that someone will pay attention to their writing, even if the feedback is negative. I don't expect that my fictional writings (which were mostly written for RPGs back in the 90s, at least the published stuff) will be agreeable to this audience. However, should someone stumble upon them at some point I'm not going to angry about it. If you like my work, fine, I'll be happy to have a conversation about it. If you want to poke fun at it, that's your call but you're being a bit silly especially if you take things out of context. But you'll never see me take criticism of my work out on some poor schleps in character in a nation simulation game. Even the notion of it is hilarious.