Peace in Spite of Time

Xiphosis

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1296643363' post='2616011']
Yes, we did secure white peace. They didn't take it. I don't see the two scenarios you offer differing that greatly. They won't be getting reps from RIA, though. So yes, we did secure it for them.
[/quote]
That's different, actually. It's securing a white peace [i]offer[/i] (which everyone seems to agree was given) and white peace full-stop (which is less clear). A one-time offer vs. a standing offer, if you will. That was my question. If you managed to get the latter, that's one thing, though the former's a bit weak. There's also the fact that not securing it from GOD, who are rather clear on their stance on reps, means that they won't likely receive white peace at all, but that's another matter.

Is it just me or did a post war break out after the real war stopped? ;)

[quote name='Greywall' timestamp='1296627010' post='2615758']
One hell of a fight, especially from TTK. I'll fight you guys anyday :wub:
[/quote]

Glad to be of service! I didn't fight you but the guys in my Division did - I'll pass on your message

We had fun fighting GATO, except for the part where you outnumbered us. :awesome:

I'd like to publically praise EasilyAmused671 as an example of stubborn resistance

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1296636365' post='2615986']
If you didn't knew for what you were fighting was best that you leave the battlefield, Polaris didn't ask our allies or other alliances to burn for us, but to do what is right, if your alliance prefer to live in a world where wars are declared just based on the mere principle that might is right, it's up to you.
[/quote]

Or maybe we wanted to help our allies but also watch as Polar disbands, thus having our cake and eating it. ;) With any luck, we'll get our cake, eat it and then have ice cream when NSO gets disbanded too.

Edited by Laslo Kenez

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1296645414' post='2616025']
Or maybe we wanted to help our allies but also watch as Polar disbands, thus having our cake and eating it. ;) With any luck, we'll get our cake, eat it and then have ice cream when NSO gets disbanded too.
[/quote]

Enjoy the fact that you don't need to pay taxes for your dreams and keep dreaming. :laugh:

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1296643936' post='2616016']
That's different, actually. It's securing a white peace [i]offer[/i] (which everyone seems to agree was given) and white peace full-stop (which is less clear). A one-time offer vs. a standing offer, if you will. That was my question. If you managed to get the latter, that's one thing, though the former's a bit weak. There's also the fact that not securing it from GOD, who are rather clear on their stance on reps, means that they won't likely receive white peace at all, but that's another matter.
[/quote]

The way I see it, we've got a standing offer of white peace from RIA who was attacking IAA. GOD were not. GOD were attacking us, and UPN. Why would GOD offer IAA reps?

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1296644719' post='2616019']
So, GATO leaves while IAA is still at war, and RIA leaves while RoK is still at war.

Right?

Also securing a white peace offer from RIA is... well...

RIA doesn't demand reps. That's pretty weak.
[/quote]

I'm sorry we didn't please you. Invicta's opinions have always mattered so greatly.

I feel like I've already said this but our allies are happy enough, and so are we for the most part. Why should you care? Or are you just desperate for a little drama because your war is boring?

I have to laugh i really do. After a select few GATO members decided to laugh at MHA for being useless and terrible at war. I see you guys exiting so damn quickly. Its truely ironic and i wonder how that makes those few feel now? WAPA, Colossus, TFD have all done a better job staying in a war than you guys did.

But on a general note congratulations on the peace i guess?

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1296643936' post='2616016']
[/quote]
GOD is not at war with LoSS, IAA or TIO. With this peace agreement we are now only at war with UPN. Even we're not evil enough to extort tech from alliances we aren't even at war with.

Edit: Yet... I'll have to discuss this prospect with Xiphosis when I see him...

Edited by NoFish

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1296646830' post='2616030']The way I see it, we've got a standing offer of white peace from RIA who was attacking IAA. GOD were not. GOD were attacking us, and UPN. Why would GOD offer IAA reps?[/quote][quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1296648099' post='2616045']GOD is not at war with LoSS, IAA or TIO. With this peace agreement we are now only at war with UPN. Even we're not evil enough to extort tech from alliances we aren't even at war with.

Edit: Yet... I'll have to discuss this prospect with Xiphosis when I see him...
[/quote]
I must admit, I've not bothered keeping up on who's fighting who in this cluster$%&@ outside of my direct allies. I read this post of Xiph's and drew the wrong assumptions, I guess:
[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1296634162' post='2615956']
From RIA, just to be clear.
[/quote]
Would someone mind clarifying just who exactly Synergy is still fighting? If not, I guess I'll stop being lazy and look it up myself. :v:

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1296648419' post='2616053']
I must admit, I've not bothered keeping up on who's fighting who in this cluster$%&@ outside of my direct allies. I read this post of Xiph's and drew the wrong assumptions, I guess.
[/quote]
Fair enough, but it's probably best not to make accusations of how effective we were if you're not bothered enough to get your facts.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1296648419' post='2616053']
Would someone mind clarifying just who exactly Synergy is still fighting? If not, I guess I'll stop being lazy and look it up myself. :v:
[/quote]

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=628&showentry=2612"]Blog entries[/url] for the win :P Only requires [i]minimal [/i]effort, I swear. Just look up the names IAA, TIO and LOSS.

It was a fun, if short, fight

TTK, i liked you guys before, like you more now
o/ innout and Dave the Dominator

RIA, same to you, glad to get to talk to you and know you better
o/ Spook and sycoforbidden

[quote name='scutterbug' timestamp='1296647262' post='2616033']
I have to laugh i really do. After a select few GATO members decided to laugh at MHA for being useless and terrible at war. I see you guys exiting so damn quickly. Its truely ironic and i wonder how that makes those few feel now? WAPA, Colossus, TFD have all done a better job staying in a war than you guys did.

[/quote]

It's not our fault we could finish our job before you could. Get better at finishing what you start, or start earlier, or something. But seriously, improve.

[quote name='scutterbug' timestamp='1296647262' post='2616033']

[/quote]

A couple of members don't equal GATO. GATO as a whole doesn't consider MHA anything. I've already said that I like you guys, myself. So... thanks for the congrats anyway.

Congrats on peace, GATO. I understand that you were just in this war for your allies and that is was time to get out.

Too bad IAA, LOSS and TIO don't want to leave the war yet. Most of IAA's and TIO's wars are defensive by now and more and more of their opponents will leave peace mode to attack them. I understand the whole 'we want to stay in as long as NpO is in' viewpoint, but should you change your mind, you know where to find us.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1296651778' post='2616082']
It's not our fault we could finish our job before you could. Get better at finishing what you start, or start earlier, or something. But seriously, improve.
[/quote]

Why are we discussing with MHA? Really? It's not our problem