Peace in Spite of Time

Xiphosis

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1296629037' post='2615845']
On the contrary, sure in the beginning I was upset that you guys bailed on our treaty even though we didn't ask for your assistance.

But later I got over it and so did most of us in NSO because we realized what a !@#$%* ally you were/are.

Enjoy Brown. :smug:
[/quote]

You can't seem to let it go however. We dropped a third of our NS for them and can no longer better their position. They have the best possible peace offer you can get. If they want to stay for Polaris that is their right. We've been ensured they have an offer of white peace when they want it and we'll be in a better position to help when they are done. I think this is actually going to help them in the end. If we burned alongside them for another few months (from what I've heard) then we'd be in no shape to help them out.

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1296629199' post='2615852']
I would suggest to those people who are allied to GATO to take their grievances with their decision to private channels. It's not nice to slander an ally in public.

GATO, if you need anything, you know where to find us. :wub:
[/quote]

I'm not an ally of GATO so I'll slander them all I want. :P

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1296629337' post='2615858']You can't seem to let it go however. We dropped a third of our NS for them and can no longer better their position. They have the best possible peace offer you can get. If they want to stay for Polaris that is their right. We've been ensured they have an offer of white peace when they want it and we'll be in a better position to help when they are done. I think this is actually going to help them in the end. If we burned alongside them for another few months (from what I've heard) then we'd be in no shape to help them out.[/quote]
Because allowing your wartime foes to focus firepower on your allies is [b]helping them out[/b]. Wow GATO... just wow.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1296629114' post='2615849']
So you're not BFFs with IAA anymore?

I have heard this argument before in post-Bipolar when we were discussing how GATO fought for her "moral" obligations first. In fact, that was the whole reason as to why you never came to NSO's defense in the first half of the war: because you didn't believe that Polar's actions were morally justified. Fair enough. There were criticisms about the moral premise of leaving a friend out to dry, but that's something else. Now you're saying that you're leaving a friend out to dry because you don't like Polar? Do you see the contradiction?

Now I understand the idea of you not wanting to suicide with IAA. Wait a second. No I don't. Because IAA did just that for you against 1V. I suppose your current friendship with them was overstated.
[/quote]

One situation does not mirror the other. In 1V GATO had no choice. IAA and TIO and LoSS do have a choice. They've made it and Polaris should be happy to have them as allies. I know I am.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1296629337' post='2615858']
You can't seem to let it go however. We dropped a third of our NS for them and can no longer better their position. They have the best possible peace offer you can get. If they want to stay for Polaris that is their right. We've been ensured they have an offer of white peace when they want it and we'll be in a better position to help when they are done. I think this is actually going to help them in the end. If we burned alongside them for another few months (from what I've heard) then we'd be in no shape to help them out.
[/quote]

"I will watch my friends take a beating, but at least I have some bandages for them once its over." :awesome:

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1296629337' post='2615858']
I think this is actually going to help them in the end. If we burned alongside them for another few months (from what I've heard) then we'd be in no shape to help them out.
[/quote]
With the Everything. Must. Die. mentality it looks like you will be saved from having to send any post war aid to an alliances that could be dead after this is all over. Your allies are still at war. You should still be at war. There is no honor in this withdrawal.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1296629695' post='2615869']
It's funny to see the level of complaining from non-GATO allies about how raw GATO allies must feel. Just so you can conveniently overlook it again; GATO was encouraged by her allies to leave this war.
[/quote]

I for one just don't like GATO.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1296629500' post='2615864']
One situation does not mirror the other. In 1V GATO had no choice. IAA and TIO and LoSS do have a choice. They've made it and Polaris should be happy to have them as allies. I know I am.
[/quote]
Also if I remember right, USN and CSN both peaced out before the war ended and you guys didn't think anything of it.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1296629500' post='2615864']
[/quote]

Yeah, I saw this coming. I hate it when people nitpick at the little details and believe that actually reverses my point.

My argument is that IAA literally died for you. That is to say you two [i]should[/i] be basically joined at the hip in regards to friendship. Or that was how it was portrayed to the general public. So why do you care about all this meta-level !@#$%^&* that you're fighting for Polar? You [i]chose[/i] to come into this war not to fight for Polar but to fight for IAA. So why is there all of a sudden an ad-hoc argument that you were burning for Polar?

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1296629880' post='2615875']
Yeah, I saw this coming. I hate it when people nitpick at the little details and believe that actually reverses my point.

My argument is that IAA literally died for you. That is to say you two [i]should[/i] be basically joined at the hip in regards to friendship. Or that was how it was portrayed to the general public. So why do you care about all this meta-level !@#$%^&* that you're fighting for Polar? You [i]chose[/i] to come into this war not to fight for Polar but to fight for IAA. So why is there all of a sudden an ad-hoc argument that you were burning for Polar?
[/quote]

coming from the alliance that killed IAA.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1296629880' post='2615875']

[/quote]

Jrenster, for once in my time here on CN, I believe you make 100% sense.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1296629695' post='2615869']
It's funny to see the level of complaining from non-GATO allies about how raw GATO allies must feel. Just so you can conveniently overlook it again; GATO was encouraged by her allies to leave this war.
[/quote]
I don't know that 'encouraged' is the proper term. Perhaps they [i]support[/i] GATO's decision, but I can't see why anyone would [i]encourage[/i] something like this.

[quote name='Greywall' timestamp='1296630033' post='2615877']
coming from the alliance that killed IAA.
[/quote]

Really? Is that your counter-argument? A good deflection is when you talk about something that is relevant to the point at hand. The fact that I am in Pacifica has absolutely no bearing here.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1296630086' post='2615881']
What's the point of putting this up? GATO is a success on Brown, whereas NSO failed. Way to make an incredibly stupid comment.
[/quote]I'd hate to be on brown if GATO is considered a success story over there.

Guys, get off GATO's case. They entered the war with a clear purpose, which they fulfilled. They are not abandoning their allies. As mentioned, their allies were informed and in some cases gave wanted them to take the peace.

Defending someone isn't limited to war. GATO achieved what they wanted diplomatically.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1296630169' post='2615885']
Really? Is that your counter-argument? A good deflection is when you talk about something that is relevant to the point at hand. The fact that I am in Pacifica has absolutely no bearing here.
[/quote]
Uh, I believe it would be comparable if you were talking about something that happened years ago being used to justify actions now.

I cannot know what GATO and IAA said to one another or even their current relationship and neither can you.