Peace in Spite of Time

Xiphosis

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1296628178' post='2615816']
First of all it was never GATO's intention to burn for Polar.
[/quote]

... but you really weren't burning for Polaris. You were burning for IAA and TIO, who are your brothers and friends in Synergy. They are burning for Polaris, not GATO. Just to make that perfectly clear.

Well let's nip this stupidity in the bud shall we?

First of all it was never GATO's intention to burn for Polar. We were in the war to ensure our friends and allies received a fair peace settlement. As it is they all have offers of white peace as far as we were told. Our staying in was in no way going to better their position. They choose to tie their fate to Polaris. That's fine and admirable but GATO is simply not willing to do that. Our allies can leave whenever they like. It's up to them.
[/quote]

Makes sense. Good luck out there.

First of all it was never GATO's intention to burn for Polar. We were in the war to ensure our friends and allies received a fair peace settlement. As it is they all have offers of white peace as far as we were told. Our staying in was in no way going to better their position. They choose to tie their fate to Polaris. That's fine and admirable but GATO is simply not willing to do that. Our allies can leave whenever they like. It's up to them.
[/quote]
Not how it works. You don't say "OK, well, now the option is there for you to run like cowards, so we're done here" and then run like cowards.

You fight alongside your allies and fight for the same cause. in particular, you don't proclaim "Well if our allies feel like burning, that ain't our problem."

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1296628250' post='2615820']
Leaving IAA, LoSS and TIO to burn I see, GATO.

Good luck with that.
[/quote]
Because every MDP is supposed to be a suicide pact, right? I understand IAA, LoSS and TIO had white peace offers that they turned down. What else could GATO's continuation to absorb damage do for them? Moral support, I guess?

[quote name='Bernkastel' timestamp='1296628547' post='2615826']
... but you really weren't burning for Polaris. You were burning for IAA and TIO, who are your brothers and friends in Synergy. They are burning for Polaris, not GATO. Just to make that perfectly clear.
[/quote]

yea our brothers who picked another guy over us.

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1296628476' post='2615824']
Like I said Magic "somethings never change".
[/quote]

You're argument has no merit. I think you're just upset because had it been NSO in IAA's position (ie defending Polar)we would have said no thanks. As a matter of fact we did do that didn't we? Take your sour grapes elsewhere.

If it were IAA, or TIO, or LoSS in Polaris' position we would have gladly burned to the ground with them. As it is they can leave right now if they want. We aren't gonna stick around for.... what? To see Polaris' destroyed and dealt reps in the end anyway? We're better off saving our strength and helping them rebuild after their fight is over.

IAA and TIO both had peace offers, I discussed it with both and was willing to help each towards getting peace. TIO turned it down as they have a great deal of allies in the war they won't leave without, and IAA was committed to staying in as long as NpO did. As far as I'm aware, however, both gave GATO the go-ahead to leave.

[quote name='Greywall' timestamp='1296628702' post='2615832']
[/quote]
Wait, so your allies sticking up for [b]their[/b] allies equates to them abandoning you? What weird world do you live in, GATO?

Well, I guess that's that for Synergy.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1296628638' post='2615831']
Because every MDP is supposed to be a suicide pact, right? I understand IAA, LoSS and TIO had white peace offers that they turned down. What else could GATO's continuation to absorb damage do for them? Moral support, I guess?
[/quote]

Remember Fish, whenever there's a war that the Orders play a central part in, everyone on their side is supposed to fight to ZI, or they're cowards. God don't you know ANYTHING!

GOD and TTK have both been a pleasure to fight. I could comment about RIA and CRAP but as I didn't face them personally I can't. I'm sure they were just as honourable, however, if my alliance mates' recounts are anything to go by.

o/ Peace.

Edited by Ironfist

[quote name='Bernkastel' timestamp='1296628547' post='2615826']
[/quote]

No that is what it would have been. When our allies decided to tie their fate to Polar we would have had to do the same thing by staying in. Our fate would have been tied to Polar. We didn't agree with what Polar (or VE for that matter) did in the first place. At least now we have secured that they will receive white peace when they are done and will be in a position to help them rebuild.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1296628758' post='2615833']
You're argument has no merit. I think you're just upset because had it been NSO in IAA's position (ie defending Polar)we would have said no thanks. As a matter of fact we did do that didn't we? Take your sour grapes elsewhere.[/quote]

On the contrary, sure in the beginning I was upset that you guys bailed on our treaty even though we didn't ask for your assistance.

But later I got over it and so did most of us in NSO because we realized what a !@#$%* ally you were/are.

Enjoy Brown. :smug:

[quote name='Greywall' timestamp='1296628702' post='2615832']
[/quote]
If The Imperial Order and Imperial Assault Alliance peace out then NpO would be saying they picked GATO over them.

It's a lose lose. Best thing to do is not sign treaties with alliances (allies of allies) you know at some point will be obligated to fight for. Technically, GATO did not enter the war to defend NpO but they feel that their continuation in this war would be just that. Next time don't enter at all or re-evaluate the treaties your allies have with your foes. Having so many treaties all over the place only guarantees you will be in a spot to choose between friends, it's a bad policy and you should know better.

Edited by Jaiar

[/quote]

So you're not BFFs with IAA anymore?

I have heard this argument before in post-Bipolar when we were discussing how GATO fought for her "moral" obligations first. In fact, that was the whole reason as to why you never came to NSO's defense in the first half of the war: because you didn't believe that Polar's actions were morally justified. Fair enough. There were criticisms about the moral premise of leaving a friend out to dry, but that's something else. Now you're saying that you're leaving a friend out to dry because you don't like Polar? Do you see the contradiction?

Now I understand the idea of you not wanting to suicide with IAA. Wait a second. No I don't. Because IAA did just that for you against 1V. I suppose your current friendship with them was overstated.