Peace is a Lie

Heft

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come next WAE vote GOONS will have a very special insight considering how many of the top contenders are piling on them.

I mean, they're getting first hand experience here about what it's like to be terrible. Maybe their votes should count twice.

Oh yeah, burn 'em down GOONS.

Edited by NorthernLights

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1296452063' post='2612272']
What has caused this sudden outbreak of illiteracy?
[/quote]
What has caused this sudden outbreak in caring whether I capitalize an 's' or not? Let's go back to enjoying the war, please. :)

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1296452854' post='2612395']
Behold your logic, for paradox is it's name. You truly are blind.
[/quote]

WHat is light without the darkness? You fail to see the intelligence behind my logic. I am Sith and therefore I follow the dark side. Silly Viridian you know nothing of vision for you are but a lapdog to greater powers.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1296450654' post='2612147']
Yeah man, you're really ~changing the world~ by joining ten other alliances in attacking the smallest and statistically weakest alliance in doomhouse.
[/quote]

Speaking from an over-all morally neutral standpoint on this whole mess, this may just be their chosen strategy. This is not to say it's a good one, or bad one, but one they are using none-the-less.
Instead of criticizing the strategy of your enemy if you think it's ineffective, it's wise to let them roll with it. "Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake".

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296452369' post='2612332']
Not trying to intimidate, just wanted to make sure you knew what you were in for.
[/quote]
If you say so. I'm sure the public enjoys watching you act tough as much as they enjoy watching you threaten alliances with excessive reparations as retaliation for defending allies that you aggressively attacked.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1296452393' post='2612335']
That's really nice and stuff, but what does that have to do with you attacking GOONS?
[/quote]
Well GOONS did attack an ally, and another ally are now at war with them as well. But everyone already knows that, so why would I bother repeating it?

It would be polite to take the commendation with a "thank you" and move on. But if you'd rather just be dense about it then that's cool, too.

[quote name='maskofblue' timestamp='1296452785' post='2612382']
Hate? I'd be hard pressed to think of anyone I pity more. He was once considered the greatest leader in the game, a reputation destroyed when he founded your alliance. He was once capable of doing almost anything, now all he is left with are NPO, NpO, and NSO which have demonstrated little more than impotence going on two years now. I would be hard pressed to think of anyone who still plays who has been so thoroughly embarrassed (by such showings as this one) and have been so completely disgraced.

Frankly, though, no, this isn't even about that. This is simply remarkably poor planning from an alliance that so constantly and shamelessly self promotes and from personalities who used to be renowned for their skill and cunning. So, let me ask you, was it that appearances can be deceiving and you were never really that good or did you simply get so rusty on your carefully crafted pedestals you forgot how to fight?
[/quote]
You sound really bitter.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1296452885' post='2612398']
GOONS is the most envied alliance right about now.
[/quote]
I would welcome any counter-declarations on us. There are plenty of people that want us, let's see if anyone will take the opportunity.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1296453649' post='2612486']
You sound really bitter.
[/quote]
No, if I were bitter I would have used at least three more paragraphs of colorful analogies and brilliant cutting remarks to instill even more self loathing than you are already experiencing from not being able to do anything to help your friends and the tide of history washing you away.

[quote name='maskofblue' timestamp='1296452785' post='2612382']
Hate? I'd be hard pressed to think of anyone I pity more. He was once considered the greatest leader in the game, a reputation destroyed when he founded your alliance. He was once capable of doing almost anything, now all he is left with are NPO, NpO, and NSO which have demonstrated little more than impotence going on two years now. I would be hard pressed to think of anyone who still plays who has been so thoroughly embarrassed (by such showings as this one) and have been so completely disgraced.

Frankly, though, no, this isn't even about that. This is simply remarkably poor planning from an alliance that so constantly and shamelessly self promotes and from personalities who used to be renowned for their skill and cunning. So, let me ask you, was it that appearances can be deceiving and you were never really that good or did you simply get so rusty on your carefully crafted pedestals you forgot how to fight?
[/quote]

Somebody has a case of the Mondays!

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1296453920' post='2612498']
TIO probably.
[/quote]
Hmm, no offense, but only Orders founded by Moldavi are allowed. STA could possibly be an honorary one. Exclusive club.

[quote name='maskofblue' timestamp='1296453953' post='2612500']
No, if I were bitter I would have used at least three more paragraphs of colorful analogies and brilliant cutting remarks to instill even more self loathing than you are already experiencing from not being able to do anything to help your friends and the tide of history washing you away.
[/quote]

Man you could be an awesome Sith. You should come try out and see how awesome we are :smug:

[quote name='maskofblue' timestamp='1296453953' post='2612500']
[/quote]
No, I'm pretty sure this is "bitterness."

And the history of this world still revolves around the Orders, as demonstrated by this very war. Just because you've been washed away doesn't mean the rest of us have. The Orders have always directed the course of events one way or another, and will continue to do so. A few impertinent upstarts are not going to change that, certainly not for very long. I'm sorry that your dreams of seeing the Moldavi legacy tarnished will not be realized.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1296453920' post='2612498']
TIO probably.
[/quote]
Whilst by definition, we are technically the "*New* Imperial Order," based on being the refounded TIO, we aren't in the same line of alliances as NPO/NpO/NSO, neither by name, structure, charter, or founder.