Joint Justitia - GOONS Announcement

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1297560972' post='2630766']
Uh, ZI-listing someone for posting the wrong thing on these boards is really not good. I hope there is more to that story than it currently appears.

Regarding the 'stalemate' talk: no, it is not a stalemate, because your upper-mid and upper tiers will stagnate in long term peace mode whereas ours will continue to grow, import tech and send aid. Sure, some of that aid finds its way over in lost GAs, but some of your money finds its way to our side in the same manner. Once nations on both sides are close to bill lock, well managed aid won't leak out, because it will be being accepted and spent before GAs are made. If it gets to that point, with your top tier stagnating in peace mode and your lower-mid tier bill locked with no incoming aid, your final defeat will be complete. There is an illusion of stalemate in the short term because you don't yet see the medium term implications of the peace mode penalties.
[/quote]
I think a profound change to the world came when suddenly it wasn't about fighting wars, it became about how to long term utterly destroy your opponent. Will they win if they push this war into a very long 6 month campaign, well NS wise they will. The question is why does every fight have to evolve into some sort of death match "we can kill them if we hold them at war for 8 months and they all get bill locked!" type scenario? Especially for a war started for no credible reason.

Edited by mhawk

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1297564364' post='2630808']
[color="#0000FF"]Oh dear God it's alive. Kill it! Kill it now!

And GOONS have added rebel back to the EoG list for forum posts? I don't know why, but for some reason I thought they were better than that. I'm disappointed.[/color]
[/quote]
You'd be disappointed no matter what we did. :sigh:

Uh, ZI-listing someone for posting the wrong thing on these boards is really not good. I hope there is more to that story than it currently appears.
[/quote]
All he's done other than post his opinions was aid me previously when I was at war with GOONS and ended up paying them them overly high reps of $90m they asked for in response, although I'm not surprised to see them use these tactics considering the first time I fought them they declared on me after requesting a sanction on me for what I said. They claimed I was a nuclear rogue before attacking for threats I made on the forum in an argument, although I was busy fighting a nuclear war with Gremlins and \m/ already at the time. So GOONS like to talk a lot of crap themselves, but if someone says the wrong thing to them, seeing them go overboard is nothing new.

I'm already busy fighting MK, but GOONS I would love to give you some more nuclear war if you guys want to declare on me, so please do that. I promise not to ask reps from you guys at the end of the war.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1297565786' post='2630822']
You'd be disappointed no matter what we did. :sigh:
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Not really. I simply just do not like a return to attacking people just because they say things you don't like. It's a slippery slope.[/color]

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1297568614' post='2630863']
Well, if MK and company are so bad...a revolution will come. Hope you guys are good enough to actually...do something. Because so far, it's a beating and MK has really lost...nothing.

Good luck, I'll watch and enjoy whatever happens.
[/quote]

A revolution will only come when enough alliances feel MK and Co needs to be toppled, much as was the case with the NPO. At the moment I don't see enough of that sentiment to get such a revolution off the ground.

Uh, ZI-listing someone for posting the wrong thing on these boards is really not good.[/quote]

Your alliance helped empower them. Launching a war on a "sting" by your leader with no negotiation that, at best, just happened to weaken our supposed coalition at the worst moment possible. Seriously, what did you think would happen when you handed GOONS and MK power? But at least you vaguely denounced it for all to see. That said, words are nice, but actions are far better.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1297568264' post='2630860']
[color="#0000FF"]Not really. I simply just do not like a return to attacking people just because they say things you don't like. It's a slippery slope.[/color]
[/quote]
Revisionism is a powerful drug, RV. (I mean with respects to the rebel.)

[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1297562044' post='2630782']
There's a reason we killed them once.
[/quote]
The only inaccuracy in this statement is that actually there were a lot of reasons.

Welcome back Doitz; try to stick around a bit better this time, people were taking your name in vain a lot for a while there.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1297576721' post='2630967']
Revisionism is a powerful drug, RV. (I mean with respects to the rebel.)
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]What is being revised exactly? I have always been opposed to the unwarranted attacking of people for speech.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1297556798' post='2630717']
That Doitzel fellow was wise indeed.
[/quote]

[quote]Nation Name:Francos Spain[/quote] I am amused. Also hello again.

Also also GOONS are evil etc kill them with fire etc.

[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1297556798' post='2630717']
That Doitzel fellow was wise indeed.
[/quote]
Well, hello.

Uh, ZI-listing someone for posting the wrong thing on these boards is really not good. I hope there is more to that story than it currently appears.[/quote]
I wish you'd stop pretending like you didn't know who you were allying when you were hailing GOONS.
Locke already posted a screenshot of the listing showing that that is the reason, what. else. do you want?

Regarding the 'stalemate' talk: no, it is not a stalemate, because your upper-mid and upper tiers will stagnate in long term peace mode [u][b]whereas ours [/b][/u]will continue to grow, import tech and send aid. Sure, some of that aid finds its way over in lost GAs, but some of your money finds its way to our side in the same manner. Once nations on both sides are close to bill lock, well managed aid won't leak out, because it will be being accepted and spent before GAs are made. If it gets to that point, with your top tier stagnating in peace mode and your lower-mid tier bill locked with no incoming aid, your final defeat will be complete. There is an illusion of stalemate in the short term because you don't yet see the medium term implications of the peace mode penalties.
[/quote]
"Ours?" Oh, Bob.

How much tech do you think you're going to be importing while all your slots are filled up aiding your retarded half-brothers in GOONS? And how long do you think your growing nations are going to put up with stunting their own growth to make up for GOONS inability to handle its own affairs?

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1297575302' post='2630952']
Your alliance helped empower them. Launching a war on a "sting" by your leader with no negotiation that, at best, just happened to weaken our supposed coalition at the worst moment possible. Seriously, [b]what did you think [/b]would happen when you handed GOONS and MK power? But at least you vaguely denounced it for all to see. That said, words are nice, but actions are far better.
[/quote]
Bob doesn't think, he does and then later he rationalizes. And if you think VE is going to take any action over GOONS EZIing people over OWF posts after they were willing to compromise every value they've lied about holding dear for 4 years (minus disbandment period) to grab their hired GOONS, then you don't know VE like I know VE.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1297581027' post='2631020']
Bob doesn't think, he does and then later he rationalizes. And if you think VE is going to take any action over GOONS EZIing people over OWF posts after they were willing to compromise every value they've lied about holding dear for 4 years (minus disbandment period) to grab their hired GOONS, then you don't know VE like I know VE.
[/quote]

I have no such expectation of them. Not after their epic flip flop from Karma to Neville.

Really, TheRebel was re-added because we want some new MsPaints.

Also, the EoG list ins't a ZI list as people know it.

There's plenty of ways to get off the list. Also, our members aren't the ones to put in the effort required to keep an EoG member in constant war.

If anything a person on the list really has to worry about being attacked at random more than anything else.

Edited by Hidraca

There wasn’t a peep from GOONS until bigger alliances got behind them. Before that it was all apologies and claims of being a new and changed alliance. When their masters get bored of their antics they will be consigned to history again. Until then they have their uses, if any of them need tiny nations beat on they go to the alliance filled with tiny nations, big egos, a serious Napoleon complex and a whole bag of chips on their shoulder. They are eager to please.

Edited by Alterego

[quote]How much tech do you think you're going to be importing while all your slots are filled up aiding your retarded half-brothers in GOONS? And how long do you think your growing nations are going to put up with stunting their own growth to make up for GOONS inability to handle its own affairs? [/quote]
A lot more than if I were stuck in peace mode, for sure. At least I'll still be collecting a worthwhile amount. Most of the NS lost by GOONS is cheap to replace, it's rebuilding FOK and VE that will use my slots for longer I would think. But it doesn't really matter if my tech import slows down for a little while if all the enemy alliances have no import at all and are collecting at a much lower rate.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1297579646' post='2631001']
[color="#0000FF"]What is being revised exactly? I have always been opposed to the unwarranted attacking of people for speech.[/color]
[/quote]
And yet you constantly threaten ours. :(

[quote name='Hidraca' timestamp='1297582890' post='2631039']
Really, TheRebel was re-added because we want some new MsPaints.

Also, the EoG list ins't a ZI list as people know it.

There's plenty of ways to get off the list. Also, our members aren't the ones to put in the effort required to keep an EoG member in constant war.

[b]If anything a person on the list really has to worry about being attacked at random more than anything else[/b].
[/quote]

So being on the EoG list means anyone can attack them without fear from their current alliance??? Seriously??

[quote name='Kilkenny' timestamp='1297616680' post='2631212']
without fear from their current alliance??? Seriously??
[/quote]

What language did I use to indicate that?

Usually when a nation applies to an Alliance the alliance asks the nation, Do you have any enemies?

If the nation is responsible they'll say yes. Said Alliance would then come to the offended party and ask the nature of the offence. I would say that if both the new Alliance and the offensive nation act respectfully in talks then both parties have nothing to worry about.

Also as an aside, If we notice an EoG member moved to an alliance without telling them his status. We will take it on ourselves to speak with the new alliance. Again depending on how respectful this process is both parties can get a favorable outcome.

Edited by Hidraca

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1297577543' post='2630974']
Welcome back Doitz; try to stick around a bit better this time, people were taking your name in vain a lot for a while there.
[/quote]

I don't know what that means, but, how dare they!
[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1297581027' post='2631020']
[/quote]
They do seem to have a habit of allying with the wrong people, trying to justify it, being entirely complicit for a while, and then swapping sides when things get bleak whilst assuring everyone that it was "all part of the plan". It works, you've gotta give them that.

[quote name='Kilkenny' timestamp='1297616680' post='2631212']
So being on the EoG list means anyone can attack them without fear from their current alliance??? Seriously??
[/quote]

ooc Your post needs more question marks. /ooc

Yeah , really. If your alliance accepts a nation who is on our EoG list then you in turn accept the consequences.

Everything Hidraca said too.

Also, our current method is a far cry from what it used to be and what I think it should be, which was; Accepting a EoG into your alliance with out approval from GOONS is an act of war on GOONS.