Joint Justitia - GOONS Announcement

[quote name='Hidraca' timestamp='1297618101' post='2631233']
What language did I use to indicate that?

Usually when a nation applies to an Alliance the alliance asks the nation, Do you have any enemies?

If the nation is responsible they'll say yes. Said Alliance would then come to the offended party and ask the nature of the offence. I would say that if both the new Alliance and the offensive nation act respectfully in talks then both parties have nothing to worry about.

Also as an aside, If we notice an EoG member moved to an alliance without telling them his status. We will take it on ourselves to speak with the new alliance. Again depending on how respectful this process is both parties can get a favorable outcome.
[/quote]

Did you not read the bolded part I quoted from you??? I will help:

[quote name='Hidraca' timestamp='1297582890' post='2631039']
Really, TheRebel was re-added because we want some new MsPaints.

Also, the EoG list ins't a ZI list as people know it.

There's plenty of ways to get off the list. Also, our members aren't the ones to put in the effort required to keep an EoG member in constant war.

[b]If anything a person on the list really has to worry about being attacked at random more than anything else[/b].
[/quote]

Did that help you?? Since the current conversation is about the rebel... yeah, it seems like you are saying that those on your EoG list are up for random attacks even if in an alliance. I mean that is what he has to worry about mostly, right??

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hidraca' timestamp='1297618101' post='2631233']
What language did I use to indicate that?

Usually when a nation applies to an Alliance the alliance asks the nation, Do you have any enemies?

If the nation is responsible they'll say yes. Said Alliance would then come to the offended party and ask the nature of the offence. I would say that if both the new Alliance and the offensive nation act respectfully in talks then both parties have nothing to worry about.

Also as an aside, If we notice an EoG member moved to an alliance without telling them his status. We will take it on ourselves to speak with the new alliance. Again depending on how respectful this process is both parties can get a favorable outcome.
[/quote]

Except in the situation we are discussing the ruler in question was not on the EoG list and was in an alliance already.

You still put him on the EoG list (for talking smack on the forums) and are now claiming that he is open to attacks

Now granted, first off this serves zero purpose because you are already at war with NPO, so why you felt the need to single out an individual member to say he is open for attacks is beyond me, since it is a given since you are at war with his alliance.

On the other hand this does say that he will be open to attacks even after his alliance peaces out this conflict (whenever that may be) unless he complies with further terms separate of those from his alliance, simply because he is speaking out in a time of war against the alliance that actually attacked his aa. This is what everyone is commenting on here.

So yes, your reply regarding how alliance should not accept EoG members is totally irrelevant to the topic at hand

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1297638370' post='2631613']
The other side of that coin of course is that you shouldn't list members in good standing of an alliance, you should talk to them with your grievance and if the listing is justified they will kick him.[/quote]

You are attempting to bring rationality to a conversation about what is an irrational policy.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1297488906' post='2630033']
The level of outright crying over the use of peace mode this war makes me want to vomit. It is a goddamn strategy, get over yourselves. The fun part, is that this strategy is causing you to take a lot more damage then if we all just rushed you and expended all our reserves in a day. We know this and you know this. Anyone with a pair of neurons to rub together can deduce this.

So please, stop this goddamn crying. It is beyond pathetic. It won't work, all these 'call outs' and cries of 'cowardice,' they won't work. You declared an unprovoked war of aggression, and we are going to make it as painful for you as we possibly can.
[/quote]

Always makes me wonder why posts like this get overlooked. Pretty much sums it up, but then I suppose a single post isn't as much fun as 10 pages of bickering.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1297516570' post='2630264']
Can you guys do anything for yourselves? Yes, I understand how allies work, but bringing up X or Y or Z is coming for you in every thread makes you look a bit useless. Kinda sounds like, dare I say it: GGA?
[/quote]

We're still here, fighting?

I was going for something long-winded, but enough alliances have folded under situations far less challenging than ours to validate the fact that we can do things by ourselves, but have good enough friends, that they won't let us :awesome:

I would characterize this entire struggle thus far in CN: Friends vs. NPO and their subservients.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1297663504' post='2632523']

I was going for something long-winded, but enough alliances have folded under situations far less challenging than ours to validate the fact that we can do things by ourselves, but have good enough friends, that they won't let us :awesome:

I would characterize this entire struggle thus far in CN: Friends vs. NPO and their subservients.
[/quote]
You and everybody else stuck in 2008.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1297663504' post='2632523']

[/quote]

Oh what utter bollocks.

Here's to your doom.

Let me at em... soon... please.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1297665736' post='2632607']
You and everybody else stuck in 2008.
[/quote]

Stuck in 2008 or suffering from paranoid delusions? The former implies at least a certain amount of naivety about subsequent events he simply should not possess:
[i]
Nation Created: 12/3/2006 4:31:45 PM (1,534 days old)[/i]

Perhaps the poor bugger is simply incapable to comprehending more complex levels of reality, beyond simple "we vs. they". But hey, he's the "Dread Commander of Erotic Company", so that can't be true. Certainly some of his friends are a sneaky. [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=278325"]Like this guy.[/url] Hiding off their AA and providing the "Dread Commander of Erotic Company" with aid (oops! did I give away your position to the enemy? my bad... ;) oh wait, you already did that when you attacked a NSO nation offensively...maybe not sneaky quite so much).

All in all though I would have to agree that some of the rhetoric being espoused in this war sounds eerily familiar, and is already bringing forth [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=442684"]ghosts from the past[/url].

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1297601517' post='2631121']
A lot more than if I were stuck in peace mode, for sure. At least I'll still be collecting a worthwhile amount. Most of the NS lost by GOONS is cheap to replace, it's rebuilding FOK and VE that will use my slots for longer I would think. But it doesn't really matter if my tech import slows down for a little while if all the enemy alliances have no import at all and are collecting at a much lower rate.
[/quote]
Well, there's your biggest problem, [i]innit?[/i] You had no enemies until you made a whole half the world of them last month.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1297646070' post='2631751']
You are attempting to bring rationality to a conversation about what is an irrational policy.
[/quote]
Bob's just doing the same thing he's done for his entire ill=spent life of justifying the unjustifiable based on treaties. As Doitzel pointed out, next year when VE drops GOONS on the eve of a beatdown, Bob will come leaping from a closet and claim it was all part of his clever plan.

Welcome to the fight, Schatt.

You know, what I've seen here from both sides is the lobbying for some kind of a "belief" in which should be used as the driving force in this war. We typically see this in wars as PR to gain support for military reasons, naturally. The practice is so rampant that I think a lot of people just look at it and take it for face value. But when you actually examine these "beliefs" on both sides, one side appears to be absolutely despicable and hypocritical, while the other side is certainly consistent and honorable. This is common knowledge to [i]most[/i] of us.

Then you have the complete wastes of space that will place their allies above any sort of principal or rational thought, who very pathetically attempts to legitimize their loyalties by advocating such a despicable belief. It would be hard for me to imagine that all of the offensive parties in this war [u][i]truly[/i][/u] believe in what they're doing. The idea of implementing hegemonic practice while fighting against an expired hegemony - it's just not strong enough of an idea, and many of them know this, deep down. Regardless of what happens on the battlefield right now, this plants the seeds for total internal collapse on their side. The outcome of this war will only determine how fast or slow that happens.

At the end of the day, their members are going to ask why their nations suffered the damage that they have. And the answer that they receive will not be acceptable. Plain and simple.