A Recognition of Hostility

[quote name='Mandellav' timestamp='1295335478' post='2580707']
Academy is the first word that shows up in the search list. In Bold. And as for my word, my word is bond and I like to think it means a helluva lot.
[/quote]You sir are correct. The word Academy is shown bolded in the search results. Nowhere, however, in the search results is the word "stormtrooper" found preceeding it.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1295335582' post='2580712']
1. Hit =LOST='s Academy AA without contacting them.
2. When contacted by =LOST=, refuse to apologize.
3. When refusing to apologize, refuse to stop.

I've seen the logs of Polar's diplomacy. That you expected better than what you give amuses me.[/quote]You left out the part where =LOST= accepted a rogue we weren't through with yet.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1295335629' post='2580714']
Are you saying that If I send a screenshot of NpO's forums you wont look?[/quote]
I can guarandamntee you I wouldn't say "Hey those spy screenshots you sent me didn't work, can you send me some new ones?"

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1295335296' post='2580694']
Not really. I only have your word the screenies legitimate, and that's not enough for me. Even if it is, however, I don't think the highlighted text in the description of the search engine merited a closer look.

Unless, of course, the dissolution of the Stormtrooper's Division had something to do with your academy...

Withholding an expected apology isn't on the same level as declaring war guy.
[/quote]
You claim that I forged the screen? Wow, how many conspiracies are there against NpO?

But you don't believe me or all the other people who have told you? Fine. Luckily the wiki saves the old pages. Oh look, what a surprise, the wiki did clearly mention the academy AA and what it is.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/index.php?title=League_of_Shadows_Treaty&oldid=354837

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1295335846' post='2580722']
You sir are correct. The word Academy is shown bolded in the search results. Nowhere, however, in the search results is the word "stormtrooper" found preceeding it.

You left out the part where =LOST= accepted a rogue we weren't through with yet.
[/quote]
[02:29] <&Mandellav[LOST]> essentially, our academy dude raided a polar without us noticing
[02:29] <&Mandellav[LOST]> weeks later, after that member joined
[02:29] <&Mandellav[LOST]> polar hit him while he was wearing =lost= tags out of the blue
[02:30] <&Mandellav[LOST]> when i went to figure out what was going on and apologized
[02:30] <&Mandellav[LOST]> they shrugged me off and continued attacking even after i asked for a ceasefire since they were allies of allies and it was a simple misunderstanding

Just a simple misunderstanding.

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1295335963' post='2580731']
You claim that I forged the screen? Wow, how many conspiracies are there against NpO?

But you don't believe me or all the other people who have told you? Fine. Luckily the wiki saves the old pages. Oh look, what a surprise, the wiki did clearly mention the academy AA and what it is.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/index.php?title=League_of_Shadows_Treaty&oldid=354837
[/quote]We're discussing the screenshot of the search results, not the wiki page itself.

Please do try to keep up.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295335088' post='2580681']
[2011-01-17 13:37:12] <Dajobo|NpO|> also I get an error when trying to view the links
[2011-01-17 13:37:18] <Dajobo|NpO|> will try again

Man you guys were set up! You had no part of it. Other than actively trying to view the information and directing Lennox on who to spy on. But man! It's a conspiracy, you know?
[/quote]

Actually I had no idea what it was he sent until I had received and viewed it. The question that I hadn't answered was when would I be online. Only after he uploaded his stuff to a different location did I even know what it was and then decided whilst I would humour Lennox, there is no way the stuff he sent could be real. No alliance gives a new member their warchest details. This receiving stuff also amuses me greatly, how do you not receive a pm?
Given I thought it was fabricated stuff anyway I didn't actually believe I even had received anything. Somewhere in the mega thread VE actually state it was archived material so I was mostly correct in my assumption.

As for your other nonsense I have stated openly I didn't care if Lennox wanted to amuse himself at the expense of someone who hates us. I told him who was relevant in the current climate, not where or what to do.

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1295333305' post='2580582']
Oh, hey man. What's up? Messed up any staggers lately?
[/quote]
It's his talent.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1295333995' post='2580627']
It was on the wiki, but Stormtrooper Academy didn't automatically redirect to =LOST='s page. Instead the search came up blank.

So the joke is on you?
[/quote]
No, if it was on the page before whatever incident this was, a search should come up with exactly what it looks like in the screenshot provided. I even went to the advanced search to check for myself.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1295335296' post='2580694']
Not really. I only have your word the screenies legitimate, and that's not enough for me. Even if it is, however, I don't think the highlighted text in the description of the search engine merited a closer look.

Unless, of course, the dissolution of the Stormtrooper's Division had something to do with your academy...
[/quote]
If you'd like to test their legitimacy, you can [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/index.php?ns0=1&search=Stormtrooper+Academy&title=Special%3ASearch&fulltext=Advanced+search&fulltext=Advanced+search"]click this link[/url] to do the same search, or we could even set up a time where I can delete the redirect and you can search by the method of your choosing. Any way you do it, that will show up as it appears there, I assure you. I have no stake in the matter, but as an impartial observer I can assure you I well know how the wiki does and doesn't work, and what is shown in that screenshot is absolutely legitimate.

Furthermore, taking another look I see the reason the search, at the time, did not give you such immediately apparent results. The actual AA is "Storm Trooper Academy," not "Stormtrooper Academy." Anyone who copied it down properly before searching would get the right results and proper bolding, if that's what bothers you so much.

Edited by Locke

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1295336131' post='2580743']
We're discussing the screenshot of the search results, not the wiki page itself.

Please do try to keep up.
[/quote]
You do know the search simply looks through the wiki pages, right? The search doesn't just make things up...

And I am well aware of what we are talking about, I made the screen, remember? I even told your gov back then, but I was ignored just like everybody else who told them. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1295335846' post='2580722']
You sir are correct. The word Academy is shown bolded in the search results. Nowhere, however, in the search results is the word "stormtrooper" found preceeding it.

You left out the part where =LOST= accepted a rogue we weren't through with yet.
[/quote]

=LOST= accepted the nation, true. We had no clue though that this nation under a month old and new to Planet Bob raided a Polar nation. Shotty record keeping on our part? We freely admitted that to Polaris and apologized for it since it was quite obviously a newbie mistake. But to then weeks later catch first wind of it that Polaris considered this nation a rogue by the sound of tanks rolling down our streets? Unacceptable, especially with how graciously we came to you and how concerned we were that an ally of one of our dearest allies felt it necessary to attack first and brush away our requests for ceasefire later.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295335900' post='2580727']
I can guarandamntee you I wouldn't say "Hey those spy screenshots you sent me didn't work, can you send me some new ones?"
[/quote]

Unless its someone you like and know significantly well yes?

[quote name='Mandellav' timestamp='1295334278' post='2580644']
You also could not be bothered to offer a ceasefire of good intentions after we apologized--yes, we came to you diplomatically and apologized from the beginning. You just came to us guns ablazing without even caring that we were tied to two of your allies at the time: MK and IAA. We asked for a ceasefire and you wanted nothing of it. Polaris is such a great role model of diplomatic tact. Essentially, they take a dump on sovereignty whenever they feel like it and then cry foul when it doesn't go their way.
[/quote]

This right here 100%. We came to you after this situation occurred with no prior feelings of ill will towards you guys. In the end, you refused to listen to anything we said and continued with your plans to zi the poor guy. He was maybe 3 days old in CN, it was a stupid newb mistake, but you lit him up like a !@#$@#$ christmas tree anyways. That is why you don't have my respect anymore Polaris.

Don't expect people who have witnessed your attempted "diplomacy" firsthand to take your word for it in this situation. And don't expect sympathy from those of us who have dealt with you in the past.

Interesting war, sounds to me like VE couldn't muster the rest of PB fast enough. Polaris have some serious ability to break down VE, PC, iFOK and Misfits before bringing anyone else in.

Meh CB. The "I don't like you" could have saved everyone a long trawl through all these threads.

[quote name='Devilyn Caster' timestamp='1295336443' post='2580757']
This right here 100%. We came to you after this situation occurred with no prior feelings of ill will towards you guys. In the end, you refused to listen to anything we said and continued with your plans to zi the poor guy. He was maybe 3 days old in CN, it was a stupid newb mistake, but you lit him up like a !@#$@#$ christmas tree anyways. That is why you don't have my respect anymore Polaris.

Don't expect people who have witnessed your attempted "diplomacy" firsthand to take your word for it in this situation. And don't expect sympathy from those of us who have dealt with you in the past.
[/quote]

Waaaiiit... Y'all are calling foul play when you guys have more recent incidents of foul play? Holy crap I am so confused by this...

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1295336077' post='2580737']
I'm not sure whether to be amused or distressed that people can't imagine mobilizing an alliance from peacetime and declaring war in under 20 hours as a do-able feat.
[/quote]

To be honest I wondered a bit about that argument too. I think it is more correctly stated that various time zone and other otherworldly scheduling differences made a 20 hour no issue to full blown war timeframe a bit too accelerated for the circumstances. More time should have been allotted for diplomacy.

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1295336077' post='2580737']
I'm not sure whether to be amused or distressed that people can't imagine mobilizing an alliance from peacetime and declaring war in under 20 hours as a do-able feat.
[/quote]
If you were rushing to do it from the beginning of that 20 hour mark, I suppose it's feasible. Still doesn't help VE's case any, it's clear that, one way or another, they were intent on starting a war with this manufactured CB (Or, in your version of events, the lucky break they were looking for to finally roll Polaris).

So, Archon, shouldn't you be making an impassioned speech about standing up to the injustice of VE? You did it last time this exact same thing happened, just with different names. Give it a shot. You can probably just copy/paste your last speech, and find/replace all instances of "NPO" with "VE."

[quote name='Ashok' timestamp='1295336533' post='2580761']
Waaaiiit... Y'all are calling foul play when you guys have more recent incidents of foul play? Holy crap I am so confused by this...
[/quote]

We have more recent incidents of foul play? Pray, tell?

[quote name='Ashok' timestamp='1295336441' post='2580756']
Unless its someone you like and know significantly well yes?
[/quote]
Why would I, as a gov member of an alliance, intentionally and willingly coax someone into spying and then go look through the information and ask for some more? I'm sure you believe GOONS and other alliances do this all the time and just "get away with it," but no, it's pretty stupid. Easy way to get a CB on you and your alliance, if you haven't noticed. Especially for a gov member to be doing that sort of thing and then pretending he didn't know what he was looking at or being told.

Unless you really believe that everyone is doing this and since it's just a little spying that's okay. It was just his friend after all. Just a little spying between buds.

If a friend of mine comes up and says "Hey check out this spy information I got about UPN by infiltrating their membership," I'd say "What are you, retarded?" Maybe that's not how NpO and NSO roll. Well, good luck with that.

[quote name='Ashok' timestamp='1295336533' post='2580761']
[/quote]

I'm not quite sure what you are referring to, I am talking about the situation in which a =LOST= nation made a noob mistake by raiding NpO, and NpO retaliated while he was on the =LOST= AA. After we apologized for the noob raid and asked for a ceasefire, we were brushed off and blamed for accepting a "rogue". Meanwhile the noob nation was on the applicant AA during the time he raided Polar, and while we did not catch the raid and correct it (our fault) the lack of consideration and concern for future diplomatic relations was particularly egregious and insulting to us.

[quote name='mdnss69' timestamp='1295336490' post='2580759']
Interesting war, sounds to me like VE couldn't muster the rest of PB fast enough.
[/quote]
"The rest of PB" is right here. Hello. We have better things to do, and the people who started are doing just fine.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1295336886' post='2580779']
I bet you would actually.
[/quote]
If you say so. I'm not sure how this complete guess of my character over a hypothetical situation qualifies as an argument though.