A Recognition of Hostility

[color="#FF0000"]Dajobo's mistake is being friendly and in one instance, totally gullible. Does anyone remember how butthurt Lennox was for Polar not declaring on Fark? It was a pretty cut and dry attempt on his part. However, there is no indication that if he had continued spying, that Dajobo would have stopped accepting information. He had no way to tell what the screenshots contained, but insisted on seeing them. A saying about curiosity...cats...and death comes to mind.[/color]

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the second time that Impero has used this trick. A few months ago, he had a VE member (MrMuz) give the admin of CNtel his VE forum password. Once the admin logged in, they ran his IP. The guy had joined CoJ without our knowing, and rather than approach us with a sting operation scenario (which is what it was), Impero came baseball bat in hand with veiled threats.

This is VE standard operating procedure. Create a spy, create a CB.

Also, big laughs for a guy that can't get his there/their/they're straight, but goes around waving his "exculpate" vocab-of-the-day. Get a good proofreader, Impero, and lay off the booze.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1295332973' post='2580560']
No, no, no, I asked to be sent into peace mode, I'm great a coward, please make more peace modes jokes, you look so smart when you do that. ^_^
[/quote]

D34th, are you really gonna argue with the guy that doesn't even know how to properly stagger? ;)

[quote name='Moridin' timestamp='1295333179' post='2580570']
It is extremely common during wars for the defender to make an announcement. Rarely have I seen anyone put up a fuss about such a trivial issue.
[/quote]

/me shrugs, I guess I've rarely paid attention here during major wars.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1295333183' post='2580571']
Next time I'll be sure to ask you before I make an announcement. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I was asking about the necessity of the somewhat redundant seeming announcement. (Besides -- I don't think *anyone* would want to review everyone's announcements -- too much work, and Too Big A Headache.)

[quote name='Atahualpa Pachautec' timestamp='1295333526' post='2580599']
D34th, are you really gonna argue with the guy that doesn't even know how to properly stagger? ;)
[/quote]
are you saying pacificans never messed staggers up???? leave me alone

[quote name='DictatatorDan' timestamp='1295333360' post='2580587']
[color="#FF0000"]Dajobo's mistake is being friendly and in one instance, totally gullible. Does anyone remember how butthurt Lennox was for Polar not declaring on Fark? It was a pretty cut and dry attempt on his part. However, there is no indication that if he had continued spying, that Dajobo would have stopped accepting information. He had no way to tell what the screenshots contained, but insisted on seeing them. A saying about curiosity...cats...and death comes to mind.[/color]
[/quote]

Yeah, hell, he even admitted this to me in query. It should be to no one's surprise that no one's going to bat for Polaris. It could be the worst CB in history with promises to EZI the entire alliance and I, and most, wouldn't give a damn.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='Sakura' timestamp='1295332888' post='2580550']
I know one member of Polar government that didn't get into PM. After all... its a little hard to flee to PM when [url=http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=16354&Extended=1]at war[/url].
[/quote]
The Emperor of Polaris does not ever enter Peace Mode. In general our government does not either. I believe in leading from the front. Plus my nation sucks anyway.

[quote name='Sakura' timestamp='1295332611' post='2580523']
Really....

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97239]Was[/url] it [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97240]necessary[/url] to [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97241]start[/url] a [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97258]fifth[/url] thread about this?

Although, this does give me a chance to show off something I brought back... just for Polar.
[/quote]Since some people just don't seem to get it, let me just point out that the attacked alliance [i]always[/i] responds to their attacker's CB. It's been this way since forever. Why now do you want the victim to remain silent?

Oh, yeah, because they just punched a gaping hole in your rationale for war. That might do it.

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='Willaim Kreiger' timestamp='1295333146' post='2580566']
What in the hell are you on about? I was around and just wanted nothing to do with =LOST='s $%&@ed accusations. There is no reason that your applicant AA should be something completely unrelated to your actual AA [b]and[/b] to not have it referenced in your wiki. We are simply not exhaustively checking every rogue that attacks us from a 3 man AA with no apparent ties to anyone. That problem with =LOST= has since been changed, since they added it to their wiki, and I bet they havn't had problems with that anymore, have they? Groundbreaking, isn't it?
[/quote]
[01:55] <&rsoxbronco1> was teh stormtrooper academy thing on your wiki before NpO hit them?
[01:55] <&rsoxbronco1> I know it had been publicly announced
[01:55] <&Mandellav[LOST]> yes

dun dun dunnn

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1295333729' post='2580612']
The Emperor of Polaris does not ever enter Peace Mode. In general our government does not either. I believe in leading from the front. Plus my nation sucks anyway.
[/quote]

If yours sucks...

what does that make the other two?

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1295333737' post='2580613']
Since some people just don't seem to get it, let me just point out that the attacked alliance [i]always[/i] responds to their attacker's CB. It's been this way since forever. Why now do you want the victim to remain silent this time?

Oh, yeah, because they just punched a gaping hole in your rationale for war. That might do it.
[/quote]

I've rarely read this section, so never really noticed the "response threads".

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1295333829' post='2580616']
[01:55] <&rsoxbronco1> was teh stormtrooper academy thing on your wiki before NpO hit them?
[01:55] <&rsoxbronco1> I know it had been publicly announced
[01:55] <&Mandellav[LOST]> yes

dun dun dunnn
[/quote]It was on the wiki, but Stormtrooper Academy didn't automatically redirect to =LOST='s page. Instead the search came up blank.

So the joke is on you?

Edited by Fallen Fool

NpO's explanation seems at least plausible. Even the slightest attempt at diplomacy on VE's part could have ended this before it started. Perhaps VE doesn't know how to listen, or rather it wasn't in their interests to hear what was being said. Either they wanted this war themselves, or they bowed to the pressure of those that did. Kinda pathetic really.

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1295333729' post='2580612']
[/quote]
It's a bit premature to talk about peace mode when I'm sitting here empty on prime ice floe real estate. I mean, I know I'm a has-been and all but I'm just feeling left out. Make it someone interesting please. :wub:

I am sorry this whole situation is just too perfect to be real...

I thought our mothers all taught us if something is too good to be true, it probably is?

Lennox spies on VE, gives screen shots to Dajobo, and then 20 hrs later we have a war. Lets be honest with ourselves, no one moves that fast unless someone had a plan. Not saying VE intentionally caused this ruckus, but Lennox sure did.

You would have to be as dense as a redwood tree to see this isn't an obvious trap someone set.

Well trap successful, and sprung. Hopefully the trapped Polar Bears can claw their way out. My money is on they can, I hear a trapped man eater isn't a good thing.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1295332282' post='2580492']
Dammit! Now you completely humiliated me with a Peace Mode joke.

[img]http://spiritsofeden.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/negative_man.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

[quote name='r00tn00b' timestamp='1295332312' post='2580495']
All the morons standing behind their emperor. Hiding behind him in fact. You are supposed to be in front of him. [b]Have fun those who are in PM[/b] you get to say you survived another attack on the NpO while doing nothing, and too bad for those that didn't get the memo. Burn in fire.
[/quote]

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1295332342' post='2580499']
I am Polar, see my government and behold their [b]peace mode[/b].
[/quote]

Come on guys PM jokes? Did you look at the mess your members made of the stager? And I'm talking top end members not n00bs. You are in no place to poke fun at any alliance for its war strategy. The fact you only have 3 members in PM is the best joke ever. When NpO’s allies come for you, and they will come, your entire alliance will be at war. This shows your milcoms epic fail. NpO will have fresh troops to send in when they come out of PM and you will have nothing but your lolpm jokes.

[quote name='Willaim Kreiger' timestamp='1295333146' post='2580566']
What in the hell are you on about? I was around and just wanted nothing to do with =LOST='s $%&@ed accusations. There is no reason that your applicant AA should be something completely unrelated to your actual AA [b]and[/b] to not have it referenced in your wiki. We are simply not exhaustively checking every rogue that attacks us from a 3 man AA with no apparent ties to anyone. That problem with =LOST= has since been changed, since they added it to their wiki, and I bet they havn't had problems with that anymore, have they? Groundbreaking, isn't it?
[/quote]

Nice try, but the mentioning of the Stormtrooper Academy was in our wiki beforehand and was also announced in these halls. I just made a special little section about it afterward to make it easier for poor deaf dumb Polaris to find because you obviously could not be bothered to do a proper search. Polaris doesn't need to follow the common rules of courtesy that everyone else on Planet Bob does though. Polaris is allowed to stomp on alliance sovereignty, am I right? Apparently not because now someone has the presence of mind to act against what I see as a long list of transgressions against a multitude of alliances.

You also could not be bothered to offer a ceasefire of good intentions after we apologized--yes, we came to you diplomatically and apologized from the beginning. You just came to us guns ablazing without even caring that we were tied to two of your allies at the time: MK and IAA. We asked for a ceasefire and you wanted nothing of it. Polaris is such a great role model of diplomatic tact. Essentially, they take a dump on sovereignty whenever they feel like it and then cry foul when it doesn't go their way.

You will so no tears from me, just a big old !@#$-eating grin.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1295333737' post='2580613']
Since some people just don't seem to get it, let me just point out that the attacked alliance [i]always[/i] responds to their attacker's CB. It's been this way since forever. Why now do you want the victim to remain silent?

[/quote]

dont forget it steals their thunder :smug:

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1295333446' post='2580592']
This is the second time that Impero has used this trick. A few months ago, he had a VE member (MrMuz) give the admin of CNtel his VE forum password. Once the admin logged in, they ran his IP. The guy had joined CoJ without our knowing, and rather than approach us with a sting operation scenario (which is what it was), Impero came baseball bat in hand with veiled threats.

This is VE standard operating procedure. Create a spy, create a CB.

Also, big laughs for a guy that can't get his there/their/they're straight, but goes around waving his "exculpate" vocab-of-the-day. Get a good proofreader, Impero, and lay off the booze.
[/quote]

Mmmm hmmm. And once this is all over with, I can see this playing some sort of a role in the surrender terms for VE as well. I would expect them to be refreshingly harsh, having established such a pattern of behavior.

In the meantime, it's come to pass in today's cyberverse that a list of alliances out there exist, only by the good graces of others that are much larger and powerful than they are. How it is that some of them feel that it's strategically viable to screw with those larger and more powerful entities is something that I just can't wrap my head around. But it is commonplace these days. I'd have to say that the "big guys" - the Orders in particular, have been very patient with them; also a role that I see strengthening legitimacy behind any harsh terms issued out by Polaris.

I hope they're harsh - I haven't seen any exceptionally harsh terms get issued out in a long time. Maybe that's part of the problem to begin with.

I'm sorry that all of you are butt hurt and all worked up about a CB. I personally was getting very tired of peace. The way I see it true spy or not is that war is needed. If you don't want war, well admin made peace mode for you people. Be quiet and get to fighting, CN is a war game after all if you have a star instead of a dove on your page. ON TO DEFENDING MY PIXELS!!!