A Recognition of Hostility

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295335900' post='2580727']
I can guarandamntee you I wouldn't say "Hey those spy screenshots you sent me didn't work, can you send me some new ones?"
[/quote]
Actually, I would bet you would say "Those screenshots don't work."

Then they would supply you with working ones. After all if their screens didn't work for you, it's more than likely you were one of the first to receive them, and they have to fix whatever error if they wish to spread them around, essentially using you as a tester. You would then look at those more than likely, since I mean, you did click to find out that the originals didn't work.

Although I'm pretty sure anybody would do that.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295336982' post='2580784']
If you say so. I'm not sure how this [b]complete guess of my character[/b] over a hypothetical situation qualifies as an argument though.
[/quote]

The trend around here, at least in determining the validity of this CB, seems to be just that. You're not the only guy somewhat ironically claiming that we should just accept what you tell us about your character (I think I read "word is bond" in one of these threads tonight... lol?) while being quite sure that what Dajobo claims about his intentions could not possibly be true.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295336982' post='2580784']
If you say so. I'm not sure how this complete guess of my character over a hypothetical situation qualifies as an argument though.
[/quote]

Let's just say my "complete guess" is based on human nature.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1295337076' post='2580790']
So, why didn't Dajobo tell VE he sent a spy into their ranks and then even proceeded to discuss the info he got from spying with said spy?

Oh, he was just "playing along"
[/quote]

Because he didn't do anything of the sort.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295336812' post='2580776']
If a friend of mine comes up and says "Hey check out this spy information I got about UPN by infiltrating their membership," I'd say "What are you, retarded?" Maybe that's not how NpO and NSO roll. Well, good luck with that.
[/quote]
I also disagree with this. When Vox did this, plenty of people were accepting screenshots from an alliance that was at ZI from the entirety of Q. They never got attacked. There was that one ironchef screen from inside GGA which made them seem like complete idiots and I don't believe any alliance spreading that around ever did get rolled.

Depends on how much weight you have to throw around imo.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1295337308' post='2580799']
The trend around here, at least in determining the validity of this CB, seems to be just that. You're not the only guy somewhat ironically claiming that we should just accept what you tell us about your character (I think I read "word is bond" in one of these threads tonight... lol?) while being quite sure that what Dajobo claims about his intentions could not possibly be true.
[/quote]
Dajobo was told the guy wanted to spy, and then directed him at VE and MK. The guy then sends pictures which Dajobo supposedly doesn't know what they could possibly contain, and then casually chats about information such as warchests with no surprise.

If Dajobo is somehow innocent, he must be incredibly... well, you can finish that sentence if you like.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1295337076' post='2580790']
So, why didn't Dajobo tell VE he sent a spy into their ranks and then even proceeded to discuss the info he got from spying with said spy?
[/quote]

Because he didn't. You're taking a couple of factual events, painting them in the worst possible light, then exaggerating them to high heaven and acting like thats what actually happened.

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1295331900' post='2580449']
I'll confess I don't really expect you to pull your allies in, especially not ones tied to Big Brother. Granted, whether an alliance rides to your defense or not is not the only determining factor in what makes one a "true ally," but I can't imagine I'm the only one who read it that way upon a first pass.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Are we back to calling NPO Polar's Big Brother? You of all people should know better. I'd expect that sort of nonsensical accusation from Penkala or the likes, but you? Man am I disappointed.[/color]

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1295337360' post='2580802']
Because he didn't do anything of the sort.
[/quote]

[quote]20:33 Chancy I should spy on MHA
20:33 Chancy Just to make them mad
20:33 Dajobo|NpO| nah they aren't the enemy
20:34 Dajobo|NpO| pick domeone worth spying on
20:35 Chancy Give me suggestions
20:36 Dajobo|NpO| VE or MK are the two who are heavily involved in world politics
20:36 Dajobo|NpO| anything that happens will come through them first
20:39 Chancy I will consider spying on VE[/quote]

[quote][2011-01-17 14:04:05] <Sprog> How do their warchest compare to yours?
[2011-01-17 14:04:16] <Dajobo|NpO|> similar
[2011-01-17 14:04:41] <Dajobo|NpO|> and I think they have most nations that are big enough that matter in compliance
[2011-01-17 14:04:46] <Dajobo|NpO|> or close to it
[2011-01-17 14:08:04] <Sprog> think you can beat them?
[2011-01-17 14:09:42] <Dajobo|NpO|> prolly
[2011-01-17 14:09:58] <Dajobo|NpO|> if they attack us I think we'd be hard
[2011-01-17 14:10:06] <Dajobo|NpO|> we are ready for war[/quote]

Seems like he did both. Gave him a target in VE then discussed information that was spied with the guy.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295337588' post='2580810']
Dajobo was told the guy wanted to spy, and then directed him at VE and MK. The guy then sends pictures which Dajobo supposedly doesn't know what they could possibly contain, and then casually chats about information such as warchests with no surprise.

If Dajobo is somehow innocent, he must be incredibly... well, you can finish that sentence if you like.
[/quote]

...unlucky that his friend sold him out.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1295337616' post='2580813']
Because he didn't. You're taking a couple of factual events, painting them in the worst possible light, then exaggerating them to high heaven and acting like thats what actually happened.
[/quote]

So he didn't do this stuff, yet at the same time they're factual events?

Basically, I don't really buy the human nature excuse as a reason for not informing VE about it. I had access to UPN's warchest requirements as a registered user on their forums not too long ago and I notified the MoD straight away to secure their stuff.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1295337639' post='2580816']
Seems like he did both. Gave him a target in VE then discussed information that was spied with the guy.
[/quote]

I don't see him telling Lennox to spy on VE. Discussing the information, which he considered to be fake anyway, is answering a question about it? How do we know Lennox was not spying for VE and using a faked screenshot to get warchest info from Dajobo?

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1295337639' post='2580816']
[/quote]

He said VE and MK were the two big political players. He didn't give a target by any reasonable means. And by discussed you mean answered a question or two. Notice he did ASK anything.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1295337766' post='2580823']
Basically, I don't really buy the human nature excuse as a reason for not informing VE about it. I had access to UPN's warchest requirements as a registered user on their forums not too long ago and I notified the MoD straight away to secure their stuff.
[/quote]

Nobody used the human nature excuse for not telling VE. It was offered as the reason why he checked out what the links were directed to.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1295337766' post='2580823']
[/quote]
Oh well that's true. I was just saying that they would in fact look at the screens. Not informing would be a mistake on that person's part, but I do believe that most people would at least look at the shots to confirm they were real.

This will be a good dust up.
Hopefully this will take the piss out of CN a bit.
Good Luck Polar, I swear to god, if we aren't friends after this, I don't know what.

([i]The above words are the views of Somedude, and Somedude alone. They in no way, shape, or form represent the views of the Viridian Entente.[/i])

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295337588' post='2580810']

[/quote]

None of that is inconsistent with indulging a friend who you assume is having you on (to clean up the more obvious phrase). Which is where the "character judgment about a guy I don't know despite his claims about the situation" aspect of it comes in, which I mentioned above.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1295337805' post='2580827']
I don't see him telling Lennox to spy on VE. Discussing the information, which he considered to be fake anyway, is answering a question about it? How do we know Lennox was not spying for VE and using a faked screenshot to get warchest info from Dajobo?
[/quote]

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1295337839' post='2580829']
He said VE and MK were the two big political players. He didn't give a target by any reasonable means. And by discussed you mean answered a question or two. Notice he did ASK anything.
[/quote]

Encouraging him to pick between VE and MK when Lennox was originally going to MHA is giving direction. I never said he answered anything, I said he discussed screenshots from within VE. How did Dajobo know he wasn't spying for VE? Oh maybe because he's the one who encouraged lennox to spy on VE in the first place. Regardless of the fact that during that whole time frame, he never decided to let VE know about a spy being within their ranks.

Edited by WarriorConcept

I read pages 1 - 5 & 9 of this thread. My take on all I've read is this.

Someone saw FAN roll out a potential green carpet in response to a Spy attack by a small allegiance in defense of a FAN Nation to show that FAN is ever watchful and responsive to the Planet BoB as it devolves around them. A kinder, gentler response than the past has shown that FAN is willing AND ABLE to provide btw.

Now, within a week of such an action, two power blocks are Trying to roll over on their fat well enough to start something resembling a war over what could well be manufactured CB in the same tone that FAN brought to the evidence tray where FAN's was substantiated and real.

Now, the postings following the announcements have devolved into exchanges of National Cowardice by being in PM VS. "How Brave I Am" posts for Not being in PM, additional accusations regarding the validity of the evidence provided in the CB et-al.

What is really happening, IMHO, is everyone is trying to protect their Nations from damage, cover their allegiance "Street Creds" as fighters VS. peacemode players and nothing gets done about any war.

Why is everyone acting like Kittens looking to get their belly fur rubbed and a soft "sweet kitty" whispered in their ear and walk away with a little dry mouth from talking a little too much, a little too lame and still sigh in relief that their Nations are untouched?