A Recognition of Hostility

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='890765' timestamp='1295332177' post='2580481']
RandomInterrupt, I could probably think up some witty insult, but i find that my reason for declaring war on your nation says it all.

Death to the New Polar Order
[/quote]
I guess I should check that thing, eh? At least be somewhat useful and push me over 3 million casualties.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1295332416' post='2580509']
Now this was a good topic.

Dajaboo should have done better at CYA and tipped VE off immediately (it's what I would do and have done) but even I have to admit that only giving 20 hours is pushing it. Realistically, you're looking at least six hour from just time zones.
[/quote]
Even Aussies need to sleep sometimes man.

Two thoughts on this

#1, Polar isnt the brightest group so i could see them doing this

#2 As i said Polar isnt the brightest group however VE is far dumber(see the i spy you, but you cant spy me thread) so if this is a fake then they had alot of help

All in all, it wouldnt surprise me if this was a setup but can we just, for ONCE, nuke the holy crap out of each other and just be happy?

[quote name='r00tn00b' timestamp='1295332312' post='2580495']
All the morons standing behind their emperor. Hiding behind him in fact. You are supposed to be in front of him. Have fun those who are in PM you get to say you survived another attack on the NpO while doing nothing, and too bad for those that didn't get the memo. Burn in fire.
[/quote]
Uuuuuhhhh.....what? We are fighting along side eachother. Those in peace mode were odered to. People have been using that tactic for years... :facepalm:

Edit: OOC: 1,111 Post!

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1295332342' post='2580499']
I am Polar, see my government and behold their peace mode.
[/quote]

[quote name='brickyard' timestamp='1295332054' post='2580465']
..Says the guy in peace mode?
[/quote]

Both of your alliances are smart enough to know using peace mode is a perfectly acceptable tactic, and indeed both of your alliances have used it in the past. It's astonishing that after all these years people still think "you're in peace mode, your argument is invalid!" line somehow has any validity.

Really....

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97239]Was[/url] it [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97240]necessary[/url] to [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97241]start[/url] a [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97258]fifth[/url] thread about this?

Although, this does give me a chance to show off something I brought back... just for Polar.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1295332141' post='2580476']
Some orders are easier to follow than others :‌o)
[/quote]Good members of Polar have their heart broken if they go into peace mode while their comrades-in-arms are being overwhelmed. They do it anyway because they recognize that collective action in service of the entire community is more important then either personal misgivings or individual ego.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1295332194' post='2580483']Indeed, but one would typically consider their orders and role in an conflict when crafting words for the global community.[/quote]A nation in war mode under orders is serving the Order. A nation in peace mode under orders is serving the Order. There is no difference as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Fallen Fool

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1295331704' post='2580432']Once again Polaris has been attacked for the crime of existing, once again we will inflict heavy damage on our enemies,[/quote]
If you're referring to noCB, the damage you did to your opponents in that war was negligible, and y'all have openly admitted that your only goal in that war was preserving as much of your stats as possible.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1295332506' post='2580518']
Two thoughts on this

#1, Polar isnt the brightest group so i could see them doing this

#2 As i said Polar isnt the brightest group however VE is far dumber(see the i spy you, but you cant spy me thread) so if this is a fake then they had alot of help

All in all, it wouldnt surprise me if this was a setup but can we just, for ONCE, nuke the holy crap out of each other and just be happy?
[/quote]
This. And for once let's not get bogged down in reps that do nothing but increase tedium. One of the benefits of white peace is you get back to killing each other sooner.

[quote name='Moridin' timestamp='1295332599' post='2580521']
Both of your alliances are smart enough to know using peace mode is a perfectly acceptable tactic, and indeed both of your alliances have used it in the past. It's astonishing that after all these years people still think "you're in peace mode, your argument is invalid!" line somehow has any validity.
[/quote]

Psh, don't you know that going into peace mode is only a valid strategy if YOUR alliance does it. If the enemy does it, it is pure cowardice!

Funny. You were able to talk to VE so quickly, yet when you $%&@ed with =LOST= a few months back there wasn't a Polar gov capable of actually fixing the problem in sight.

You shouldn't expect people to listen to your points when you won't give others the same respect.

(death to =lost= etc etc)

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1295332649' post='2580527']Good members of Polar have their heart broken if they go into peace mode while their comrades-in-arms are being overwhelmed. They do it anyway because they recognize that collective action in service of the entire community is more important then either personal misgivings or individual ego.[/quote]
I was being facetious for the sake of a light joke. I'm perfectly aware that nobody actually wants to be sent into peace mode.

I don't think receiving a piece of information is spying, you need to be actively seeking it out. In-game spy missions are more clear cut as I don't liking reading all these logs that don't mean anything to figure out if they even have a CB. I've received PM's from Lennox before with some of his ideas, none of which I went along with, but if what NpO did is spying by receiving information, didn't VE do the same thing to have all these logs with NpO gov talking privately? Although doing this to stir up trouble seems like something Lennox would do for fun, its good to see he's still around and getting some war going.

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1295332417' post='2580510']
I guess I should check that thing, eh? At least be somewhat useful and push me over 3 million casualties.
[/quote]

I would be [i]honored[/i] to fulfill your request mighty one.

[quote name='lakerzz8' timestamp='1295332353' post='2580502']
I honestly hope you haven't been playing for more than a month. Otherwise, MK needs to update their war guides and educate their members.
[/quote]

It wasn't a comment about him being in peace mode because he doesn't know how to fight or anything. It was directed at the fact he referenced being scarred and holding commitment. It was well warranted.

[quote name='Sakura' timestamp='1295332611' post='2580523']
Really....

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97239"]Was[/url] it [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97240"]necessary[/url] to [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97241"]start[/url] a [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97258"]fifth[/url] thread about this?

Although, this does give me a chance to show off something I brought back... just for Polar.
[/quote]

Yes? It's an announcement. This seems like as good a place as any to make one.

[quote name='lakerzz8' timestamp='1295332734' post='2580535']
Psh, don't you know that going into peace mode is only a valid strategy if YOUR alliance does it. If the enemy does it, it is pure cowardice!
[/quote]

Indeed, I seem to have forgotten the First Law of Cyber Nations. "It's okay when I do it."