A Recognition of Hostility

[quote name='ironchef' timestamp='1295334220' post='2580640']
and they will come, your entire alliance will be at war. This shows your milcoms epic fail. NpO will have fresh troops to send in when they come out of PM and you will have nothing but your lolpm jokes.
[/quote]
Yeah, I don't think anyone is under the impression they'll come. VE et al will be fine.

Edited by Banksy

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1295331900' post='2580449']
I'll confess I don't really expect you to pull your allies in, especially not ones tied to Big Brother. Granted, whether an alliance rides to your defense or not is not the only determining factor in what makes one a "true ally," but I can't imagine I'm the only one who read it that way upon a first pass.
[/quote]
Does this mean PC and the other one?

[quote name='ironchef' timestamp='1295334220' post='2580640']
Come on guys PM jokes? Did you look at the mess your members made of the stager? And I'm talking top end members not n00bs. You are in no place to poke fun at any alliance for its war strategy. The fact you only have 3 members in PM is the best joke ever. When NpO’s allies come for you, and they will come, your entire alliance will be at war. This shows your milcoms epic fail. NpO will have fresh troops to send in when they come out of PM and you will have nothing but your lolpm jokes.
[/quote]

PB will show Polar's allies why VE doesn't need PM.

I had too...

Anyways, I agree with this.

Confusion.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1295333446' post='2580592']
This is the second time that Impero has used this trick. A few months ago, he had a VE member (MrMuz) give the admin of CNtel his VE forum password. Once the admin logged in, they ran his IP. The guy had joined CoJ without our knowing, and rather than approach us with a sting operation scenario (which is what it was), Impero came baseball bat in hand with veiled threats.

This is VE standard operating procedure. Create a spy, create a CB.
[/quote]A good trick is worth repeating.

The logs fail to show the initial contact between VE and Polaris - if there even was one - but rather the contact between Dajobo and Impero after it was apparent both knew what was going happen. Impero doesn't want to talk about it and Dajobo responds by calling him a fool. I can see diplomacy in fine form was had by all.

At any rate, I guess I can respect Polaris for sticking by their man, but personally I would be pissed off that my own second-in-command [i]leaked information about the state of my alliance's warchests to someone outside of the alliance[/i], even if only in comparison. BFFs or not.

There's plenty to criticize without the peace mode accusations. We all know that peace mode has tactical uses.

Now if they are going to peace mode just to stay out for the entire war like they did in noCB, that's a different story. That will be apparent or not in a couple of weeks.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='Mandellav' timestamp='1295334278' post='2580644']
[b]common rules of courtesy[/b] that everyone else on [b]Planet Bob[/b]
[/quote]

which words here do not belong in the same sentence?

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1295333995' post='2580627']
It was on the wiki, but Stormtrooper Academy didn't automatically redirect to =LOST='s page. Instead the search came up blank.

So the joke is on you?
[/quote]

[img]http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5059/stormtrooper1.png[/img]

EzE of ODN snapped that screenshot before I edited the Wiki of exactly what you said came up blank.

Is the egg on your face now?

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1295333995' post='2580627']
It was on the wiki, but Stormtrooper Academy didn't automatically redirect to =LOST='s page. Instead the search came up blank.

So the joke is on you?
[/quote]
The joke is on Polar for expecting diplomacy while showing an unwillingness to extend the same courtesy to others.

I also heard something about VA getting a bit of crap from Polar in the "diplomacy" department. Can't speak to that, however, as I only know the full story of the Stormtrooper Academy incident.

It is interesting that just recently SOS Brigade was getting blatantly spied on by SLCB with iFOK/PC along with Pandora's Box supporting them, who is allied to RIA in SF. After they see that they got away with it and SOS Brigade wasn't going to attack regardless of how much they provoked them, Pandora's Box hit NpO who is allied to RoK in SF due this opinion based log evidence. If SF passes up this chance for war they'll probably end there eventually unless they continue this approach of letting Pandora's Box both push around and attack their allies.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1295334358' post='2580651']
Mmmm hmmm. And once this is all over with, I can see this playing some sort of a role in the surrender terms for VE as well. I would expect them to be refreshingly harsh, having established such a pattern of behavior.

In the meantime, it's come to pass in today's cyberverse that a list of alliances out there exist, only by the good graces of others that are much larger and powerful than they are. How it is that some of them feel that it's strategically viable to screw with those larger and more powerful entities is something that I just can't wrap my head around. But it is commonplace these days. I'd have to say that the "big guys" - the Orders in particular, have been very patient with them; also a role that I see strengthening legitimacy behind any harsh terms issued out by Polaris.

I hope they're harsh - I haven't seen any exceptionally harsh terms get issued out in a long time. Maybe that's part of the problem to begin with.
[/quote]
what why is this guy advocating harsher reps for his own allianc-whoa ok he's talking about surrender terms for [b]VE[/b] lmao
--a stream of consciousness depiction of my reaction to this post

[2011-01-17 13:37:12] <Dajobo|NpO|> also I get an error when trying to view the links
[2011-01-17 13:37:18] <Dajobo|NpO|> will try again

Man you guys were set up! You had no part of it. Other than actively trying to view the information and directing Lennox on who to spy on. But man! It's a conspiracy, you know?

I like VEs allies coming in with lines such as "we are bigger so STFU" such good reasoning. I had no expectation of VE trying to solve a situation with words when they have people like MK to look at who use their muscles to do their talking.

Obligatory

o/ NpO Let them know fear

[quote name='Roi Loup' timestamp='1295334725' post='2580669']
which words here do not belong in the same sentence?
[/quote]

Every other alliance in my two years of Foreign Affairs experience for =LOST= has extended common courtesy, understanding, and logic when disputes have arisen.

Maybe Polaris didn't get the memo, and maybe that's why you're still wearing Kicks as opposed to Stilettos.

[quote name='Mandellav' timestamp='1295334759' post='2580670']
[img]http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5059/stormtrooper1.png[/img]EzE of ODN snapped that screenshot before I edited the Wiki of exactly what you said came up blank.Is the egg on your face now?
[/quote]Not really. I only have your word the screenies legitimate, and that's not enough for me. Even if it is, however, I don't think the highlighted text in the description of the search engine merited a closer look.

Unless, of course, the dissolution of the Stormtrooper's Division had something to do with your academy...

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1295334806' post='2580671']
The joke is on Polar for expecting diplomacy while showing an unwillingness to extend the same courtesy to others.I also heard something about VA getting a bit of crap from Polar in the "diplomacy" department. Can't speak to that, however, as I only know the full story of the Stormtrooper Academy incident.
[/quote]Withholding an expected apology isn't on the same level as declaring war guy.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1295335296' post='2580694']
Not really. I only have your word the screenies legitimate, and that's not enough for me. Even if it is, however, I don't think the highlighted text in the description of the search engine merited a closer look.

Unless, of course, the dissolution of the Stormtrooper's Division had something to do with your academy...

Withholding an expected apology isn't on the same level as declaring war guy.
[/quote]

Academy is the first word that shows up in the search list. In Bold. And as for my word, my word is bond and I like to think it means a helluva lot.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1295335296' post='2580694']
Withholding an expected apology isn't on the same level as declaring war guy.
[/quote]
1. Hit =LOST='s Academy AA without contacting them.
2. When contacted by =LOST=, refuse to apologize.
3. When refusing to apologize, refuse to stop.

I've seen the logs of Polar's diplomacy. That you expected better than what you give amuses me.

lol, edit:
[02:27] <&Mandellav[LOST]> rsox
[02:27] <&Mandellav[LOST]> they hit =LOST=
[02:27] <&Mandellav[LOST]> not our academy
[02:28] <&rsoxbronco1> ?
[02:28] <&rsoxbronco1> I thought they hit stormtrooper academy?
[02:28] <&Mandellav[LOST]> our academy hit them, they attacked =lost= weeks later
[02:28] <&Mandellav[LOST]> without contacting us

Silly me. It was even worse than I was giving you credit for!

Edited by rsoxbronco1

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295335088' post='2580681']
[2011-01-17 13:37:12] <Dajobo|NpO|> also I get an error when trying to view the links
[2011-01-17 13:37:18] <Dajobo|NpO|> will try again

Man you guys were set up! You had no part of it. Other than actively trying to view the information and directing Lennox on who to spy on. But man! It's a conspiracy, you know?
[/quote]

Are you saying that If I send a screenshot of NpO's forums you wont look?

Also Dajobo didn't directed or forced Lennox to spy on VE, Lennox said he was going to spy on MHA and Dajobo just said that MK or VE would me more interesting what is a fact.