A Recognition of Hostility

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1295332649' post='2580527']
A nation in war mode under orders is serving the Order. A nation in peace mode under orders is serving the Order. There is no difference as far as I'm concerned.
[/quote]
An individual serving his alliance in peace mode is ill-suited to preach of blood and glory. Perhaps once he exits, sure, but doing so while in the safety of reserves, tucked far from the terrors of the front, opens him to ridicule.

I have no doubt he will eventually emerge and serve faithfully, whether it be in war or in peace for reconstruction. But he set himself up for some light jabs.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1295332342' post='2580499']
I am Polar, see my government and behold their peace mode.
[/quote]
I know one member of Polar government that didn't get into PM. After all... its a little hard to flee to PM when [url=http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=16354&Extended=1]at war[/url].

[quote name='brickyard' timestamp='1295332054' post='2580465']
..Says the guy in peace mode?
[/quote]
Someone doesn't know how OLD and BAD this joke is...

Man... I stay off OWF for just 2 days.. and the IQ drops by half.. and OWF didn't have 1/2 to give :P

Man.. I'm just going to say... This war smells ROTTEN considering how many allies of VE rolled this so quickly (yeah.. I'm nothing but an observer but even a blind kitty like me can see a Redonkulous CB)

oo/ Best of luck sorting out this BS

[quote name='Moridin' timestamp='1295332599' post='2580521']
Both of your alliances are smart enough to know using peace mode is a perfectly acceptable tactic, and indeed both of your alliances have used it in the past. It's astonishing that after all these years people still think "you're in peace mode, your argument is invalid!" line somehow has any validity.
[/quote]

Peace mode being a sound tactic or not has absolutely nothing to do with the impression that it can leave on general members (especially the less active ones) when the people who just happened to be ordered to peace mode are gov. Its a great image of the peons burning for their leaders sins while their leaders stay safe.

[quote name='Crowdog' timestamp='1295332808' post='2580543']
It wasn't a comment about him being in peace mode because he doesn't know how to fight or anything. It was directed at the fact he referenced being scarred and holding commitment. It was well warranted.
[/quote]

Being ordered into peace mode so that you can form the second unit of attack doesn't mean your nation isn't showing commitment to the alliance and won't be scarred.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1295332755' post='2580538']
I was being facetious for the sake of a light joke. I'm perfectly aware that nobody actually wants to be sent into peace mode.
[/quote]

No, no, no, I asked to be sent into peace mode, I'm great a coward, please make more peace modes jokes, you look so smart when you do that. ^_^

[quote name='Sakura' timestamp='1295332611' post='2580523']
Really....

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97239]Was[/url] it [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97240]necessary[/url] to [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97241]start[/url] a [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97258]fifth[/url] thread about this?

Although, this does give me a chance to show off something I brought back... just for Polar.
[/quote]

So PB members and friends can each post their own DoW (one of them being a tiny protectorate) but you freak out when Polar posts one thread. Hmmmmm. I'd see your point if Pojar was pulling a Vox and doing a thread a minute, but as of now the tally is your side: 4 topics, Polar 1 topic.

[quote name='Moridin' timestamp='1295332826' post='2580544']
Yes? It's an announcement. This seems like as good a place as any to make one.
[/quote]

Polar has already been declared on 4 times over -- 'recognition of hostilities' seemed redundant to me.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1295333061' post='2580562']
So PB members and friends can each post their own DoW (one of them being a tiny protectorate) but you freak out when Polar posts one thread. Hmmmmm. I'd see your point if Pojar was pulling a Vox and doing a thread a minute, but as of now the tally is your side: 4 topics, Polar 1 topic.
[/quote]

See above.

Edited by Sakura

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1295332752' post='2580537']
Funny. You were able to talk to VE so quickly, yet when you $%&@ed with =LOST= a few months back there wasn't a Polar gov capable of actually fixing the problem in sight.

You shouldn't expect people to listen to your points when you won't give others the same respect.

(death to =lost= etc etc)
[/quote]
What in the hell are you on about? I was around and just wanted nothing to do with =LOST='s $%&@ed accusations. There is no reason that your applicant AA should be something completely unrelated to your actual AA [b]and[/b] to not have it referenced in your wiki. We are simply not exhaustively checking every rogue that attacks us from a 3 man AA with no apparent ties to anyone. That problem with =LOST= has since been changed, since they added it to their wiki, and I bet they havn't had problems with that anymore, have they? Groundbreaking, isn't it?

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1295333061' post='2580562']
[/quote]

I think it's because I am tired, but I laughed.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295332934' post='2580554']
Peace mode being a sound tactic or not has absolutely nothing to do with the impression that it can leave on general members (especially the less active ones) when the people who just happened to be ordered to peace mode are gov. Its a great image of the peons burning for their leaders sins while their leaders stay safe.
[/quote]

Two things. First, peace mode nations were not selected by any method that would favor government over regular members. The fact that any government hit peace mode is a result of the government being more active and thus quicker to react to the situation. Second, why don't you let us worry about how we feel when we see our government in peace mode? It's not your concern, and not your place to make blind guesses at how you think we perceive the issue of government hitting peace mode. For my part, I'm glad they didn't have too much pride and that they simply did what was best for the alliance.

[quote name='Sakura' timestamp='1295333117' post='2580564']
Polar has already been declared on 4 times over -- 'recognition of hostilities' seemed redundant to me.[/quote]

It is extremely common during wars for the defender to make an announcement. Rarely have I seen anyone put up a fuss about such a trivial issue.

Edited by Moridin

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1295333060' post='2580561']
So your excuse is "Dajobo didn't think he'd get any relevant info"?

So if I play with a gun and shoot my friend in the face, should I be exonerated because I didn't think it was loaded?
[/quote]
Please read the entire post and try again. You can pick one line from any post and make it sound ridiculous. The argument is the entire post, not just one or two lines.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1295332973' post='2580560']
No, no, no, I asked to be sent into peace mode, I'm great a coward, please make more peace modes jokes, you look so smart when you do that. ^_^
[/quote]
wow I had no idea you were so desperate for material~

[quote name='Sakura' timestamp='1295332611' post='2580523']
Really....

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97239]Was[/url] it [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97240]necessary[/url] to [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97241]start[/url] a [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97258]fifth[/url] thread about this?

Although, this does give me a chance to show off something I brought back... just for Polar.
[/quote]If each of them get a thread about this war, then we should to ^_^

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1295332755' post='2580538']
I was being facetious for the sake of a light joke. I'm perfectly aware that nobody actually wants to be sent into peace mode.
[/quote]Oh I know.

I just enjoy bursting your bubble when it comes to Polar-related issues. :smug:

[quote name='Sakura' timestamp='1295333117' post='2580564']
Polar has already been declared on 4 times over -- 'recognition of hostilities' seemed redundant to me.
[/quote]

So does the arguments VE had against this CB used by NPO in Karma and now is 180'd and is FOR the CB used against NpO...

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1295331704' post='2580432']
and we will see which allies are true ones
[/quote]
I believe the OP fully, but I still found this line heavily ironic.

That aside, it's pretty sad what VE is trying to pull here. I suspect they will demand gigantic reparations again. But this time, they won't have the excuse of "Well it was a defensive war!!1" though it will be trumped up as such.

And hey, now we know why PC and the FOK colony couldn't come to NEW's defense - This little ploy was all prepped and ready to go, and that war would have messed up this plan.