A Recognition of Hostility

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295344522' post='2581032']
Maybe not, but when they actually present some screenshots, I would think one would've done something more like tell VE that there's a spy and there's a problem (after all, NpO keeps going on about how they aren't enemies of VE, so why withhold that sort of information from them?) -- or at the very least start going "oh crap" instead of holding a casual conversation about how VE's warchests compare to NpO.
[/quote]

The two conversations were at difference times. The first where Lennox crapped on about spying and Dajobo quite obviously considered him to be talking crap. The second when presented with a screenshot he considered fake and a continuation of the crap. When he realised it might be real he contacted VE and well, you saw what happened.

[quote]
I could [i][b]maybe[/b][/i] believe that he wasn't clear on what was going on at first. But there had to be a breaking point somewhere between "hey I feel like spying on MHA" and "so how do their stats look?" when Dajobo would've realized the guy wasn't kidding around and probably done something about it instead of just saying "hey thanks for the spy information bro."
[/quote]

Actually, I'd consider those remarks indicative of why Dajobo considered Lennox to be talking crap.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mandellav' timestamp='1295336388' post='2580755']
=LOST= accepted the nation, true. We had no clue though that this nation under a month old and new to Planet Bob raided a Polar nation. Shotty record keeping on our part? We freely admitted that to Polaris and apologized for it since it was quite obviously a newbie mistake. But to then weeks later catch first wind of it that Polaris considered this nation a rogue by the sound of tanks rolling down our streets? Unacceptable, especially with how graciously we came to you and how concerned we were that an ally of one of our dearest allies felt it necessary to attack first and brush away our requests for ceasefire later.
[/quote]

Ironically enough, it wasnt even a raid, unless my memory is failed. It was a simple in-game gather-intel spy op. It had happened nearly a month earlier, while on the app AA. Polar did nothing. Weeks later, after the nation was flying LOST, Npo proceded to ZI the nation with not one word to LOST, even though, he was at the time, a member of LOST.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1295344256' post='2581027']
Wrong; I have asserted that Ragashingo was being a hypocrite.
[/quote]

You presented no evidence so all you posted was a "no u". My point stands. If you have nothing better to do than argue in circles over nothing then I'll leave you to it.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1295344840' post='2581038']
You presented no evidence so all you posted was a "no u". My point stands. If you have nothing better to do than argue in circles over nothing then I'll leave you to it.
[/quote]
The evidence may be found in our embassy on your boards. You know how to find your way there I trust?

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1295345024' post='2581041']
The evidence may be found in our embassy on your boards. You know how to find your way there I trust?
[/quote]

I don't see anything there that validates your assertion that Ragashingo is a hypocrite.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1295345255' post='2581046']
I don't see anything there that validates your assertion that Ragashingo is a hypocrite.
[/quote]
No of course not. I forgot that STA has never blown anything out of proportion or engaged in any kind of wild rhetoric for the sake of being self-righteous.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1295345441' post='2581049']
No of course not. I forgot that STA has never blown anything out of proportion or engaged in any kind of wild rhetoric for the sake of being self-righteous.
[/quote]

That's ok, I forgive you.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1295343247' post='2581005']
The whole tone of the conversation was non-serious on Dajobo's part. The fact Lennox used this to get his own back at Polar I guess came as a surprise to him. Someone who you considered a friend comes in blathering about spying on someone it is not unusual to assume they are talking !@#$ and to play along with it.
[/quote]

Really? when misguided people approach me and suggest spying I set them straight, and for the record yes it has happened, I don't toss one throwaway line in a weak CYA attempt and then encourage them, I explain to them all the reasons it'd be a bad idea.

Maybe you live on Reverse Bob, where spying on another alliance isn't a big deal? It is where I live.

[quote name='Bernkastel' timestamp='1295346384' post='2581055']
Man, after reading this and the VE DoW, I didn't think VE could sink much lower but whaddya know? They do.

Best of luck Polaris, seems like you'll need it.
[/quote]

Speaking of alternate realities, is yours pretty? Purple sky? Cotton candy bushes? That kind of thing?

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295347460' post='2581068']
Really? when misguided people approach me and suggest spying I set them straight, and for the record yes it has happened, I don't toss one throwaway line in a weak CYA attempt and then encourage them, I explain to them all the reasons it'd be a bad idea.

Maybe you live on Reverse Bob, where spying on another alliance isn't a big deal? It is where I live.

Speaking of alternate realities, is yours pretty? Purple sky? Cotton candy bushes? That kind of thing?
[/quote]

Well how many members of VE came from OV as they clearly approve of spying, look at Karma OV had taken (Knowingly) spied information from NPO, YET VE declared on NPO

VE has come a long way in two years, from actively protecting an alliance that spied on another to declaring on an alliance for the very same act only two years later. Bravo Bravo,

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295347460' post='2581068']
[/quote]

Misguided people perhaps. A person you have shot the !@#$ with for some time, you tend to not take seriously. But I guess we all have to be careful now because talking crap with people on IRC can be used as a CB. I remember Valhalla trying to tell me I wanted war prior to the noCB War because I asked Toga in IRC if he'd heard the rumours I had. It seems none of us are safe from people wanting to create something out of nothing to suit their own purposes.

Good luck with that. I'll just keep pointing out that you are full of it.

[quote]
[/quote]

You haven't shown me where Dajobo or anyone from the NpO spied on anyone. Receiving a screenshot is not spying, at least it wasn't when NPO claimed it was pre-Karma. I guess treating each similar instance the same is another phenomenon of Reverse Bob that is alien to you?

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1295348294' post='2581075']You haven't shown me where Dajobo or anyone from the NpO spied on anyone. Receiving a screenshot is not spying, at least it wasn't when NPO claimed it was pre-Karma. I guess treating each similar instance the same is another phenomenon of Reverse Bob that is alien to you?[/quote]
What are you talking about, Tyga? You should know that taking a moral stand is only sensible when it furthers your agenda. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1295348294' post='2581075']
You haven't shown me where Dajobo or anyone from the NpO spied on anyone. Receiving a screenshot is not spying, at least it wasn't when NPO claimed it was pre-Karma. I guess treating each similar instance the same is another phenomenon of Reverse Bob that is alien to you?
[/quote]
You keep missing the fact that Dajobo told him what alliance to spy on. Dajobo gave him instructions and then showed a interest in the screens (shown by having the spy reupload them because they weren't working). While in the case you refer to it was one guy posting screens without even saying what was in them and not being asked by anyone to go get those screens. I know the subtle differences go way over your head but if you put the STA brain-trust on it I'm sure you can figure out why these are two completely different scenarios.

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1295348851' post='2581085']
You keep missing the fact that Dajobo told him what alliance to spy on. Dajobo gave him instructions and then showed a interest in the screens (shown by having the spy reupload them because they weren't working). While in the case you refer to it was one guy posting screens without even saying what was in them and not being asked by anyone to go get those screens. I know the subtle differences go way over your head but if you put the STA brain-trust on it I'm sure you can figure out why these are two completely different scenarios.
[/quote]

No, he didn't tell Lennox to spy on anyone.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1295349074' post='2581088']
No, he didn't tell Lennox to spy on anyone.
[/quote]
20:33 Chancy I should spy on MHA
20:33 Chancy Just to make them mad
20:33 Dajobo|NpO| nah they aren't the enemy
20:34 Dajobo|NpO| pick domeone worth spying on
20:35 Chancy Give me suggestions
20:36 Dajobo|NpO| VE or MK are the two who are heavily involved in world politics
20:36 Dajobo|NpO| anything that happens will come through them first

So I heard these lines means something else if you look at them in just the right light.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1295348691' post='2581084']I still haven't found my agenda. :([/quote]
You should make one, they're good fun to have around. Of course, you have to be in a position to do something about it to make the most of it. :v:

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1295349263' post='2581091']20:33 Chancy I should spy on MHA
20:33 Chancy Just to make them mad
20:33 Dajobo|NpO| nah they aren't the enemy
20:34 Dajobo|NpO| pick domeone worth spying on
20:35 Chancy Give me suggestions
20:36 Dajobo|NpO| VE or MK are the two who are heavily involved in world politics
20:36 Dajobo|NpO| anything that happens will come through them first

So I heard these lines means something else if you look at them in just the right light.[/quote]
Suggesting that an alliance is worth spying on is different from telling someone to spy on them.
Close perhaps, but still two different acts.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1295349360' post='2581093']
Suggesting that an alliance is worth spying on is different from telling someone to spy on them.
Close perhaps, but still two different acts.
[/quote]
After lennox state his intentions to spy for them you have to have ALOT of good will to interpret the suggestion what alliance would be worth spying on as anything besides telling him to spy on them.

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1295349486' post='2581094']After lennox state his intentions to spy for them you have to have ALOT of good will to interpret the suggestion what alliance would be worth spying on as anything besides telling him to spy on them.[/quote]
All I see is Lennox stating his intention to spy, not to spy on the behalf of a particular party.