A Sad GOONS Announcement

Sardonic

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='joracy' timestamp='1293083319' post='2551190']
This is a shame and probably could have been handled better by a lot of people. Hopefully we can all get over this drama.
[/quote]

Hopefully we don't get over this drama and it escalates into something bigger than it is.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1293083423' post='2551196']
Move over Archon, we just discovered one of your allies have a better voice.

Seriously well put Sardonic. I know from experience that trying to dictate the treaties of your friends, isn't that great an idea.
[/quote]

What are you talking about, it is an excellent idea and very much in line with nation simulation.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1293083085' post='2551176']
This was a bad idea.
[/quote]
[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1293083194' post='2551184']
Pretty much this. Extremely disappointing.

And that's a pretty ridiculous statement, too.
[/quote]

Out of curiosity, why? I've noted the vast majority of the cyberverse, more or less all excepting those directly aligned to GOD, seem to agree with the statement. I'm genuinely curious, not attempting to poke.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1293083423' post='2551196']
Move over Archon, we just discovered one of your allies have a better voice.
[/quote]

Trust me, I'm more than happy to. :)

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1293083645' post='2551209']
My apologies Penkala, but this was something I could not let slide.
[/quote]
Can't say I'm a fan of the path GOD tends to take, or the alleged ultimatum that took place, but what really are you hoping will come from this?

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1293082990' post='2551166']
Personally speaking, there isn't an alliance that one of my allies could sign with that I would flat out tell them "them or us."
[/quote]
What if it was Legion? :v:

[quote name='SpoiL' timestamp='1293083427' post='2551197']
I see nothing wrong with canceling the treaty.
[/quote]
Well, after that I would be rather disappointed if [i]one of them[/i] didn't; it's clear they weren't playing on the same field at that point.

Xiph's actions...totally unsurprising from my interactions with him.

The OP...well this week I've seen ODN execute a properly timed counterattack, Sparta declare war stating more or less up front that they have no interest in profiting from it but are interested in "fun", and now GOONS have written a well thought out, reasoned post in which they articulate their position effectively, without silly pictures or attempts at lulz.

Ok people, joke's over. Where did you put my Planet Bob and where the hell am I?

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1293083967' post='2551221']Xiph's actions...totally unsurprising from my interactions with him.

The OP...well this week I've seen ODN execute a properly timed counterattack, Sparta declare war stating more or less up front that they have no interest in profiting from it but are interested in "fun", and now GOONS have written a well thought out, reasoned post in which they articulate their position effectively, without silly pictures or attempts at lulz.

Ok people, joke's over. Where did you put my Planet Bob and where the hell am I?[/quote]
And I actually laughed at this post. Indeed, where the $%&@ did Planet Bob go?

I guess with no new DoWs tonight, this thread has to suffice for the Peanut Gallery to get their jollies.

Since everyone is reading it now, I'd like to discuss the benefits of joining Nueva Vida for *your* alliance affiliation.

But that would be tacky, so I won't carry through with that.

:smug::((

Edited by zzzptm